asking him to marry me

• Thread starterrealgirl
  • Start date

realgirl

Not quite a lurker
Beloved Member
Sep 30, 2010
over the past few months there has been a role reversal Chris is pretty much the girl in the relationship and I sleep with whom ever I want things have been good. Would it be inappropriate for me to ask him to marry me?

So Chris gets the engagement ring too? Will he take your last name when your married?
Will all the mail be addressed Mrs. and Mr ..... : ) In my view it would only be inappropriate if you didn't love him.

I love him very much

just wondering if I should do it in private

No but we've been together for 4 years lived together for 3

Don't ask him... ask me.. and the answer isYES

No, no, of course not... that's the way to go.

Hi Ms. Realgirl,

realgirl said:
Over the past few months there has been a role reversal; [my bf] Chris is pretty much the girl in our relationship and I sleep with whomever I want. Things have been good.

Congratulations! It sounds like you've accomplished pretty much what you set out to accomplish, and more. "So far, so good" you might say...

realgirl said:
Would it be inappropriate for me to ask him to marry me?

No, no, not at all. Of course not. As your submissive boyfriend, Chris should expect you — indeed, he probably hopes for you — to take the initiative and tell him, seductively and in a low throaty voice... with candles and wine in the evening... "it's time for you to marry me, sweetheart" (as you caress him, kiss him on the neck and nibble his ear).

Before he's able to collect his wits and respond, I suggest going on to say something like: "But you will need to understand, sweetiebuns, I have some expectations. First, I expect you to take MY last name such that formally we will be 'Ms. and Mr. (Realgirl's first name) (Realgirl's last name).'

See: Is it time for the man to take the woman’s surname in marriage?
Comments: Is it itme for the man to take the woman's surname in marriage?

Second, I expect you to agree that in our household there will be only one rule. It will be that I will make the rules and you will obey my rules. Third, please understand that in our household, I will wear the pants, you will wear the panties, and you will take your pants down. Fourth, in our household I will do the fucking and you will be fucked. Fifth, in our household YOU will be primarily responsible for doing the housework. I will take responsibility for motivating you with corporal discipline as I see fit."

Then, conclude by softly saying something along the lines: "Are you up for it, sweetie-darling...?" as you fondle Chris's cock with one hand, caress his hair with the other, and — before he answers — kiss him on the lips, with deep tongue penetration.

Re. "you doing the fucking and Chris being fucked," see:
http://www.take-it-like-a-man.com/index.html

Good luck! You are giving Chris what he wants and needs... I predict he will accept.

—Custer

If you love him, he is already yours. You could hire a plane pulling a long sign to fly over his house with the words, "will you marry me......, love realgirl".

Although I am just learning about your interesting relationship I would like to offer my opinion on the topic.

Certainly you can propose marriage; I don't see why a strong beautiful female like yourself wouldn't be able to in your relationship setup. Now that said you may want to proceed with it in privacy or semi privacy (i.e. an open space, nice park, beach, or other place you may go regularly) this will help him not be nervous from ingrained social norms existing in western culture. You should also think quite hard and then make the point known that if he accepts your proposal that you will be the "man" or head of household.

Additional thoughts...

Think about a pre-nup agreement if you are going to be making more money.

Figure out yourself and then negotiate how you will take a boyfriend or boyfriends.

Finally I agree with custers other point in the above post, you should think about incorporating strap on play into your relationship. If your other man satisfies you, you can satisfy your main man this way, although I only dabbled in this it is quite a nice feeling for the receiver. And it could strengthen your dynamic of him being a proper and hopefully future lifelong sub.

I haven't thought to much on the strap on thing..

realgirl said:
I haven't thought to much on the strap on thing..

Well, why not google and look at pics of strap ons - so you mind can think about the possibilities and discover HOW THIS WOULD BENEFIT YOUR GUY?
Strapon can be a nice gift you give him.

Congrats on the possible upcoming marriage! As a now married guy I say kudos to you and him for the honesty and fun in your relationship! It IS about the love and partnership...and if you just happen to enjoy the same thing (sex) then that makes it even better! I'd love to hear more..enjoy the stories!

heyblue50 said:
Think the question is, do you want to be in charge, as for asking him, pretty evident now what he wants, what do you want. Be the mistress he wants you to be.

I would put it slightly differently, Ms. Realgirl. I suggest being the mistress you want to be.

Ask? That is unusual.

realgirl said:
over the past few months there has been a role reversal Chris is pretty much the girl in the relationship and I sleep with whom ever I want things have been good. Would it be inappropriate for me to ask him to marry me?

Mine just told me she was pregnant and we needed to get married. Her need, to be sure.