• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Black Mormons?

• Thread starterSaltandPepper98
  • Start date
Why not?

I remember hearing that Eldridge Cleaver, the former militant who wrote Soul on Fire, became a Mormon. I also heard that the church is expanding it's base into Africa and Asia, ever since it dropped it's inane ban on blacks in their priesthood. I'm not one to criticize, I do believe that people can change. My own faith, Roman Catholocism has had past racial issues that it has been working on resolving.

SaltandPepper98 said:
Never thought about it before and at first it does sound unusual but they seem like awfully nice folks.

Nobody Knows: The Untold Story of Black Mormons

that was good,,,,, I use to work with a mormon guy who was treated me great, but told me god was white. I later had a hot time with a white mormon babe, so I have had the best and worst of the mormons.

Whats crazy is that I just watched "September Dawn" this weekend. Its a movie based on the massacre of a wagon train on 9/11. 9/11 in 1857 that is.

Seems the Mormons at one time had a special militia branch called the Cainites. They dressed as Indians and committed the massacre though Mormons to this day deny it.

The movie was a bit drawn out with lovey dovey bullshit (why do they do that) but well worth watching.

SaltandPepper98 said:
Whats crazy is that I just watched "September Dawn" this weekend. Its a movie based on the massacre of a wagon train on 9/11. 9/11 in 1857 that is.

Seems the Mormons at one time had a special militia branch called the Cainites. They dressed as Indians and committed the massacre though Mormons to this day deny it.

The movie was a bit drawn out with lovey dovey bullshit (why do they do that) but well worth watching.
Yes I seen this to Norm the movie caught my eye and up until several years ago they were gonna build a monument at the site but now the mormans has refused to do so because they do not want to have had any part in this otherwords they are playing dumb.

O u guys r talking about the 'Mountain Meadows Massacre' of the Fancher wagon train. Yea goddam mormons still trying to blame the indians for that shit. That is seriously fucked up.

it's a good damn thing, no one pays attention to them.

mocha_latte said:
I remember hearing that Eldridge Cleaver, the former militant who wrote Soul on Fire, became a Mormon. I also heard that the church is expanding it's base into Africa and Asia, ever since it dropped it's inane ban on blacks in their priesthood. I'm not one to criticize, I do believe that people can change. My own faith, Roman Catholocism has had past racial issues that it has been working on resolving.

Yeah...Eldridge was everything at some point in his life, he seemed to be searching for answers. At one point he was a follwer of Malcom X, then he became a convert of the Marxist ideas, then a Evangelical Christian, a Morman, and even Rebublican...which is interesting seeing how very liberal he started off as, his political ideas did a complete 360 degree turn in his later years.

Users who are viewing this thread