• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

cash for clunkers

• Thread startermuleman
  • Start date

muleman

SLUTWIVES VIP!
Beloved Member
Apr 7, 2005
I was at the car dealer getting my oil changed and he was telling me about this cash for clunker deal. You get 4,500 dollars for you vechile if it qualifies to trade for a new one that meets certain specs. Now they freeze the motors up as they run them with out oil and dump some solution into them as they can never be used again then empty all fluids and they go to a scrap yard in which they have to be crushed. Why dont they recycle the car or truck using the body parts in wrecks in which a door hood or fender is needed. As far as I see this it is just another wasteful way of our goverment spending money. How many people today can afford the payments and insurance on a new one anyway as maybe that is why they are driving what they do.

It is just another attempt for the govenment to control your life muleman. You have to trade in a relatively new car in order to get the $4,500. Our old 91 Honda they will only give us $2,000 and then we would have car payments of which, we cannot afford. Besides, that little Civic runs like a striped ass ape and only has 182,000 miles on it. It is good for at least another 200K miles and gets 35mpg. Why would we trade it in? Just so we can have payments? "The borrower becomes a slave to the lender"

SO TRUE, just another way for the government to control all of us, waist our taxpayer dollors and make you drive something that won't be around in 10 years. I don't care how long the warranty is! You'll be making payments long after the car is worthless. This IS NOT a good deal no matter how you look at it. It's only good for the auto manufacturs, helps them seel more NEW cars.

luv it!

You all made my night. I love the contempt for government oozing from this thread. People are waking up to just how corrupt the government scumbags are everywhere at all levels regardless of country political party etc. That is very encouraging indeed.

It's a great opportunity to unload a relatively low value auto for a good upgrade for American car [ie.GM]. Anybody rejecting this wonderful deal w/ government funding is nuts [or Republican, which is the same thing :wtf:

Steal your perfectly working car and force crappy health care on you.

Yup, the dumbocrats are back! :p

Will & Eve said:
one can take advantage of the offer on a selfish basis and still recognize the fucked up thinking behind it.

That is EXACTLY what I am working on <smile> .... just another way for the govt to provide welfare (a billion plus dollars) to the automotive industry with its screwed up unions and such.

Sagire

Before the cash for clunkers started we were looking at a 2008 Impala's, every one was in the $12,000.-$15,000. range. Now there all in the $15,000.-$18,000. range. When we asked the dealer's what the increase was about, they told us that business is great and the prices of used car's are going up due to program.(shortage of used cars) Try and figure that one out?

Just remember folks, all this is brought to you by people many of you voted for. (Particularly those of you living in the Northeast and on the left coast)

Yeah...the Republicans had been doing such a good job.

Will & Eve said:
No they weren't. but they are sure looking a helluva a lot better now.

None of them do a GOOD job....except isolated individuals who have little power in their own party even ...for very long.

But just because someone is mediocre doesn't mean you can't get far worse.

I don't believe they are looking better at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing you have all missed is that this encourages people to buy new cars - just as in the UK.

On the face of it, this is good, until you realise that, for many, the cars you are buying were not made in your country and the government money is simply being used to pay foreign workers in foreign countries and not actually helping the local automotive industry at all.

All very interesting

Users who are viewing this thread