• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Chat room down again

• Thread starterOkla Cowboy
  • Start date

Okla Cowboy

New around here...
Beloved Member
Nov 26, 2004
Can't get into chat keeps giving http and tcp connection failed, how come this happens so often?

I am getting the same reaction as Okla Cowboy----tcp and http commection failed, yet it says there 184 of so people chatting. How is that--why is that???
Please respond

Bretg, same here says 184 people online I can not connect.

true true true guys

does anyone know if the chatroom will be back up at all?????
I'm still getting HTTP and TCP on the chat screen

Wtf!!!!!!!!!

How much longer are the chat rooms going to be down for? Anyone talked to the moderator of the board? Would be nice to have some kind of response, we aren't exactly here for free!!!!!!!!!

Chat will be back soon

when is soon, been down since yesterday

People, let the admin do what he has to do, bugging him to fix it won't get us any farther along then if you let him do his job. Why pester him with the same issue... why not report something other then HTTP and TCP failures, I think he is aware of them.

Nobody is stopping the admin from doing what he/she needs to do - they're simply pointing out an error, and it's helpful to know that it's affecting everyone, rather than just certain users from certain countries, etc. And people are merely suggesting that, as we still have use of the message board, then it would be courtesy for the admin to post, explaining the problem and a timescale for the solution. Nobody is having a go at the admin per se; moreso offering a little advice to help with future problems.

Chat has been down since 07:28 PM (US/Eastern) last night.
As soon as I can get a tech to restart the server, I will get it back up.
We are also changing the system so we shouldn't have outages of this duration again.
I apologize for the inconvenience and thanks for the emails and posts :)

Thanks for the additional info Buzzy - technology - great when it works, a pain in the backside when it goes wrong!

Dark_Destroyer_UK said:
Thanks for the additional info Buzzy - technology - great when it works, a pain in the backside when it goes wrong!

Thanks Dark :) Chat is working now. :clap:

but is not working now. :(

Users who are viewing this thread