• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

classic IR books

• Thread starterharley6865
  • Start date
About a year ago, I was chatting with a very nice older guy and he told that he had purchased hundreds of these books back in the 60's & 70's... He mentioned that his favorites where the "SLAVE SERIES, BLACK FANTSIES, & many of the LIVERPOOL series. Unfortunately, his wife found many of them and threw them away but she didn't find them all and he was nice enough to mail me a couple of them and I can't tell you how much I really enjoyed them. Ever since then, I've searched the internet trying to see if some of these stories have been copied in the internet and have been unsucessfull. Because of their popularity, you would just think that many of these would be somewhere and if anyone finds them, please let me know.

By the way, one of the books he sent was from the SLAVE SERIES and believe it or not, the other book was "BIG BLACK LEON" the same book from WILLYBOY's photo attachment in the message above. Great stories and very entertainining reading material I must say....

Since then, I've lost his address (due to yahoo deleting my addy of more than eight years) and I also promised him that I would return the books to him, which I did and now after reading everyones recent posts about these books, it just makes me again wish that I would have stayed in touch with him more often. But again, these books must be somewhere....their were thousands of them published and it sure would be nice to find them again....

Let me know okay...

Janice

I'd love to be able to read these books, the covers look so sexy....

Maybe some clever clogs can post more covers to the site at least...(or even Email them onto me..?!?!?)

Remember "Drum" and "Mandingo?" by Kyle Onstot or someone as I recall? They were hot 70s movies too. Remember when Ken Norton was seduced by the plantation mistress?

A little off the beaten path but still good!

One of my favorite black fantasy books was the famous MANDINGO and I still remember the authors were Kyle Onstot and Lance Horner....Later had a movie with that same name with Racquel Welsh , I think!

Users who are viewing this thread