• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Have you seen or heard of the movie The White Massai?

• Thread startermetalore
  • Start date

metalore

Not quite a lurker
Beloved Member
Dec 28, 2006
This movie came out in Germany (Die Weisse Massai) and I´m not sure how popular it was in America. It´s about a white couple who go on vacation in Africa and meet a Massai warrior who the woman cannot resist. The woman decides not to return home with her boyfriend, but instead goes on a search to find the Massai warrior´s tribe so she can be with him.

The movie got a lot of attention in Germany.

Sounds interesting. Only movie I was saw was Jungle Fever, that had popular views in America. Spike Lee is a king.

metalore said:
This movie came out in Germany (Die Weisse Massai) and I´m not sure how popular it was in America. It´s about a white couple who go on vacation in Africa and meet a Massai warrior who the woman cannot resist. The woman decides not to return home with her boyfriend, but instead goes on a search to find the Massai warrior´s tribe so she can be with him.

The movie got a lot of attention in Germany.

The IMDB description of the movie sounds a bit different.
Weisse Massai, Die (2005)
Based upon an autobiographical novel by Swiss writer Corinne Hofmann, the film tells of a girl, Carola, whose vacation in Kenya takes an interesting turn when she becomes infatuated with a Masai. Carola decides to leave her boyfriend to stay with her lover. There, she has to adapt to the Masai's way of life and get used to their food which includes milk mixed with blood. She also has to face her husband's attitude towards women and what he expects from a wife. Nonetheless, Carola is welcomed warmly into the tribe she has chosen to join.

Eating blood, male-chauvinistic attitudes, etc. According to wikipedia, she wrote the autobiographical novel after divorcing him (due to "paranoid jealousy" and drug addiction), and moved back to Switzerland. In total, it's definitely not a good example. Sounds more tragic than anything.
Corinne Hofmann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Users who are viewing this thread