• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

help me caption

• Thread starterDANNY2
  • Start date

DANNY2

New around here...
Beloved Member
Sep 25, 2007
what programs do you use? Im tired of using those websites where you have to upload the image and user their site to make the caption is there like a program where i can make captions after captions without having to upload them

Adobe Photoshop, MS PowerPoint, Open Office, ACDSee, ALSee, Photo Studio........Lots more

Open Office and ALSee are free.........................The others are free if you're into peer to peer software.

DANNY2 said:
what programs do you use? Im tired of using those websites where you have to upload the image and user their site to make the caption is there like a program where i can make captions after captions without having to upload them

Paint.net

If you cant get your hands on Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements .. than you can try paint.net .. this, like open office is open source and completely free of charge. It is not quite as easy to use as Photoshop Elements, but once you get the hang of it it is as good if not better.

Here is the link;

Paint.NET - Download

enjoy,

Paul Dark

paul, could you maybe write up or video a tutorial for us slow learners on how to make captions its a neat program but how do i get to the captioning part

Last edited by a moderator:
For now load a few pics up and I'll have a go at em until you get your skill up.

how do you do it though> first step?> second step?

no idea where to start how do i make that speech bubble thing?

I don't know if it was you who posted these or not, but I've already done some of these same photos in another post.

word1975 said:
try captioning these

It's too much to explain in a post (i.e. I don't have that kind of patience)
You will have to basically use a combination of programs to get the results you want. Try some of those programs I posted about earlier.....after you play with them a little, you'll be able to ask more on point questions....instead of a open how do you do it....Not trying to be rude...maybe somebody else here has the time to write something up for you.......good luck.

DANNY2 said:
how do you do it though> first step?> second step?

Here's a sample....for this I used MS Power Point and Photoshop CS2. I could have done the same thing 20 different ways with different programs or with only photoshop or even with only powerpoint.

Attachments

• SampleCaption.jpg
    SampleCaption.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 230

Users who are viewing this thread