• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

I'm Normal, and You're NOT(?)

• Thread starterRaunchyRandy
  • Start date
Josetta said:
A site like Dark Cavern cannot flourish unless certain members stop trying to enforce their own views of what is normal. Statistics don't mean a thing, as lots of visitors decide not to join because they notice how many posters get rubbished for holding views a little bit different.
QUOTE]

Some visitors may not join because of this, but it works both ways. When we first checked out this site years ago we didn't join because of some of the responses we saw to posts made by people that weren't into the more extreme aspects of the lifestyle. We remember one in particular, a couple posted pics of the wife fucking a black man and he was wearing a condom. There were multiple responses asking why, stating she should welcome the black mans seed, that it was disrespectful to the black man, and it was her job as a white slut to take his seed and to be bred. The couple then posted that they weren't interested in breeding or her having unprotected sex with anyone. This didn't stop all of the comments and we noticed the couple were no longer members of the site. We saw alot of similar responses to other posts and decided that the site may not be for us.

We did check it out again a year or so later and decided to go ahead and join, but some people may not give it another chance. We don't have a problem with people that are into the extreme side of the lifestyle or have extreme fantasies as long as it consensual and doesn't involve children. It isn't our thing, but everyone is different and to each there own.

Now that there is a room devoted to the extreme we think it helps and all of the people with those interests have a place to express themselves. The same can not be said for those of us whose interests are less extreme. I know there is the general forum, but we would love to see a room dedicated to "Swingers and Hot Wives" with the description stating something like " couples and singles interested in interracial swinging, not cuckold oriented" or something like that.

C & G

A damn men and halla freakin' lujah!!! How long have I been saying this? The swinging lifestyle is comprised mostly of folks like us and the internet mostly comprised of.....well the idiot fantasy people who harrassed the couple you mentioned. Those are the mindsets that I am most commonly talking about (and I catch hell for calling them out???) when I say "not normal" in comparison to the rest of the genuine swinging populice.

pimpology101 said:
That was a nicely worded post by Joe...
If those who hold such thoughts as you would have them share they can do so in the extreme section where again, the majority who are offended by such over-the-top subject matter will not have to be subjected to them.

Ahhh, Pimp...

Haven't you noticed? This IS the IR Extreme Section.

Yes, but as stated before, this topic is not really an extreme one is it but more of a general discourse.

"Ahhh, Pimp...Haven't you noticed? This IS the IR Extreme Section."

"Yes, but as stated before, this topic is not really an extreme one is it but more of a general discourse."

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha oh man, you guys are killing me here. Loveable idiots, thats what we have become.

I was not trying to be political (except for the dick cheney thing) I simply wanted to make the point that often the loudest most puritanical finger pointers are the most deviant of us all and so they being held up as examples of normalcy is a farce. I personally love it when the jim bakers of the world fall from grace.

I'll be the first to admit to being deviant (in as much as my sexual tastes deviate from "societal norms") but there's a huge difference in deviant and sick and fucked up. That's a discernable line that can be clearly defined and should be.

pimpology101 said:
there's a huge difference in deviant and sick and fucked up. That's a discernable line that can be clearly defined and should be.

Oooookaaaaay here we go. Pimp, this goes to the core of our discussions. That being who defines that discernable line? My argument has always been for site ownership deciding where they want that line to be and creating site policy and rules and instructing their admin and mods to uphold those policy's and rules.

Your argument has always been that if you personally are offended by something that it is your right to hound that person off the board or at least from posting again. And up until recently when the "new and improved" DC came into being, it was allowed.

Now we have a concrete and very visible line that has been deserned. And if one wishes to cross it he will find himself in IR Extreme. I thought everyone would be happy but somehow I get the feeling that you Pimp are a little saddened by the loss of one of your main reasons for coming to the site.

Watch yourself. You are now in IR extreme and the way I read your quote above, you just said that if we are not like you then we are sick and fucked up. This extreme section was created in large part because of you so don't now come here and cause hard feelings and making folks feel self conscious and defensive. Its not right.

Norman

pimpology101 said:
I'll be the first to admit to being deviant (in as much as my sexual tastes deviate from "societal norms") but there's a huge difference in deviant and sick and fucked up. That's a discernable line that can be clearly defined and should be.

Hey, Pimp...

Challenge to you. You speak to that '...discernable line (between 'deviant,' and 'sick and fucked up') that can be clearly defined and should be.'

I want to see where you feel this line should be drawn. Be careful, though; you've already admitted to being 'deviant.'

FOR THE RECORD: For purposes of this particular thread, Pimp's thoughts are really important. I don't see him as an antagonist, but as someone who provides a particular point of view. We're just kicking this 'what's normal' thing around, and it'd be boring without his thoughts.

not to pick on pimp nor you randy def not my intention...but seems like this will cause more antagonism when Pimp answers truthfully. am i wrong in the intention of youre original post randy was to clear the air, so that we can understand and accept that we are all into different things, and what one thinks is "normal" may be "abnormal" to the next person. seems like this has been a great post to discuss and find an overall agreement of that premise in here.

pimp is going to state his claims freely as you ask and is his right, and then arguments are going to ensue when his views arent agreed upon by those who find what he dont like to be normal.

regardless have at it

You're right of course, Pooch, but...

I don't see Pimp as being antagonistic, just a man with views that he projects in a straight-forward way.

I'm accepting that not everyone is going to see the world through the same glasses as I do; again, tolerance is the word. Discussion of differences between rational people sometimes results in changes in mindsets. And that's a good thing, isn't it?

And, my respect for you, Pimp, and others who post regularly should not be construed as 'baiting,' just indulging in what we do (Damn, I need a life!!!).

Well for anyone keeping track, those issues are the only ones I have ever denounced. I am glad to hear from yet another person who agrees with me rather than the minority few who thinks those things are fine under the misguided umbrella of tolerance.

Users who are viewing this thread