• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

interracial marriage in louisiana

• Thread starterlizziepindc
  • Start date

lizziepindc

New around here...
Beloved Member
Jul 29, 2009
anybody following this developing story from louisiana? an interracial couple (wf/bm) got married and the only thing they needed to do to make it fully legal was to get the local justice of the peace to sign off on the marriage license. the jp is a bigoted old cracker and wouldn't sign off -- because it was an interracial couple. turns out he has done this before, too. this is all over the news, but here's a link to one of the stories:

Governor calls for firing of justice in interracial marriage case - CNN.com

and some photos of the couple:

Attachments

• beth and terry mckay.jpg
    beth and terry mckay.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 313
  • beth mckay 30.jpg
    beth mckay 30.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 172
thats so bad..lovers not getting legal stuff done...very nice couple..america needs many many more wf and black couples i believe. bi-racial kids who get love from parents will make it perfect

My great uncle and his bride had to go to Detroit to get married because Louisiana didnt allow interracial marriage, but that was the f***** 1940's! In 1967, the Supreme Court struck down laws banning interracial marriage, therefore that jp was flouting the law.
The only objections a jp or judge canput forward to refuse to perfom a marriage are mental capacity, age, whether or not either person is still legally married, whether or not the couple are first cousins (all states allow second cousin and beyond to marry, some allow first). Gay marriage is another subject altogether.

Some things change.. Some things stay the same. LOL@ the JP worrying about the children of a IR couple..He needs a copy of the Bill of Rights.

Thats soo F'ed up. I would have planted his gavel in his ass if he had refused to let hubby and I tie the knot.

Nikki

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about the violence rhetoric but was a ass. You know something has gone a fowl when Oreilly put it on there with no countering opinions of talked with no one, he just said it was messed up.

I'd love to see some proof pics of Nikki :)

Users who are viewing this thread