• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Lewis and Clark Cucked the West

• Thread starteragripa
  • Start date

agripa

Not quite a lurker
Beloved Member
Aug 18, 2006
Came across this historical story recently, thought I would share.
Its a story about Clarks black manservant named York who was brought on the Lewis and Clark expidition and the sexual relations the members had with native women.
"Indian admiration for this strange black visitor was genuine. In discussing sexual encounters with Indian women, Lewis recorded that "the black man, York participated largely in these favours, for instead of inspiring any prejudice, his color and exeptional masculine traits seemed to procure him additional advantages from the Indians, who desired to preserve among them some memorial of this wonderful stranger." (children) Indian men sought after York to share their wives with him and native women especially vied for his attentions. The white members of the expidition would "barter for native women as bed companions for a night or longer" while York was presented with the women as gifts. Lewis reported how one Ricara Indian invited York to his house, presented the Negro to his wife and then retired outside by the door allowing his wife to bask in the pleasures he could give her. Reportedly, York sired a number of mixed-blood offspring throughout the three-year expidition.

Sourse: Merriwether Lewis, History of the Expidition of Captains Lewis and Clark (Chicago: A.C. McClug and Company, 1924),I, 180

Im somewhat of a history buff and what you wrote is true, York was much in demand by our Native American women and men..... but remember....York didnt wear his trousers on his knees, a baseball hat backwards or was every sentence spoken in "Mofuk", nor was he on welfare, had 4 gold teeth or drove a pimp mobile. He was a servant (slave) to Clark and was treated and acted as all the other members of the party (He was screwed when returning to St. Louis because he wasent granted his freedom. but part of the success of the L & C expedition belongs to York )

agripa said:
Came across this historical story recently, thought I would share.
Its a story about Clarks black manservant named York who was brought on the Lewis and Clark expidition and the sexual relations the members had with native women.
"Indian admiration for this strange black visitor was genuine. In discussing sexual encounters with Indian women, Lewis recorded that "the black man, York participated largely in these favours, for instead of inspiring any prejudice, his color and exeptional masculine traits seemed to procure him additional advantages from the Indians, who desired to preserve among them some memorial of this wonderful stranger." (children) Indian men sought after York to share their wives with him and native women especially vied for his attentions. The white members of the expidition would "barter for native women as bed companions for a night or longer" while York was presented with the women as gifts. Lewis reported how one Ricara Indian invited York to his house, presented the Negro to his wife and then retired outside by the door allowing his wife to bask in the pleasures he could give her. Reportedly, York sired a number of mixed-blood offspring throughout the three-year expidition.

Sourse: Merriwether Lewis, History of the Expidition of Captains Lewis and Clark (Chicago: A.C. McClug and Company, 1924),I, 180

Wow, so York was macking the Natives ladies.

Yes he was! You can check my sources if you like, but I assure you it was all true.

I don't suppose there exists any pictures of the fella...?

Users who are viewing this thread