• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Meredith Kercher case [Serious discussion]

• Thread starterDebbie E
  • Start date

Debbie E

Not quite a lurker
Beloved Member
Jul 16, 2007
UK
Hi,

I appreciate this is a heavy subject and as the case is still being investigated we all need to be a little careful what we say but at the same time I couldn't think of a more appropriate place to raise this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meredith_Kercher

With it looking increasingly like Meredith was killed after a sex game not too dissimilar to the type of stuff some get up to on here went wrong, do you think this case could ruin the public face of I/R sex irrecoverably?

At the end of the day a young woman has been killed and that itself is a tragedy that can never be recovered from, but if you've been into this kind of thing any length of time you can't help but wonder what the wider impact is going to be.

Serious, considered responses only please, no trolling or needless fighting.

Debbie we're not certain this was the result of a single interracial sex by Diya Lumumba, we are not cetain that he ***** & killed her.

carpediem88 said:
Debbie we're not certain this was the result of a single interracial sex by Diya Lumumba, we are not cetain that he ***** & killed her.

That wasn't what I was suggesting. All parties are very much innocent until proven guilty.

However, looking at the various reports out there on the case, it does appear that whatever happened on the night, it was as the result of a couple recruiting a white girl into having rough sex with a black man, which doesn't do the whole I/R scene any big favours.

I'm not saying "he did this, she did that". The court will decide that. All I'm asking is, whatever the messy details, do people think the case will have a negative impact on the image of the I/R scene?

Deb

I think that the circumstances of this case are clouded and I even believe that the full truth may never be known.

I am nowhere near fearful as I was 2 years ago during the tragic case of 16 year old Mary-Ann Leneghan here in the UK. Both her and a friend where alleged to have been involved in an ambush on a drug dealer. In a revenge attack, they were kidnapped by 6 men, 5 of whom were black and taken to a hotel room. They were then drugged, tortured and repeatedly *****. The men then took them to a park to be executed. Mary-Ann died from stab wounds but her friend survived a gun shot wound. The men are now all serving life sentences for this horrific crime.

I think that there were allegations of race at the fringes but the mainstream media seemed to steer clear and there was not the racial backlash that I had feared here in the UK.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/berkshire/4953362.stm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/01/14/nmaryann14.xml

Users who are viewing this thread