Negotiated Infidelity

• Thread starterrural
  • Start date
Excellent... it's about time "mainstream news" (or rather, "mainstream entertainment") picked this up.

Custer,
Eventually, this lifestyle is going to be the norm soon.

hey guys

hey, Holly Hill is an Aussie as you could probably tell...and gets a fair bit of airplay on this topic. I can really recommend her book Sugarbabe as a starting point with a mainstream presence if anyone is out there trying to get the partner into hotwifing /cuckolding.

My partner at the start of all this after i ******* her to the lifestyle bought this book on her own when she went out looking into it as an option, and thought it made a lot of realistic sense.
No heavy stuff in it, but does sell this way of living from a womans point of view!

This lifestyle will never be "the norm", it's pretty unique, IMHO

Well, eventually... when most ppl are doing it

Actually this is a very mature attitude and is beneficial for many relationships. However, I think the key word here is "mature". It takes a good bit of thought and overall understanding of human sexuality and relationships in general in order to make something like this work.

Unfortunately, many (most?) couples are existing in relationships where a warped understanding of love is the norm. When I say warped, I am speaking of the fact that most of what is passed of as love is actually a fear based possessiveness of another person. This fear, coupled with a sense of possession, becomes the root of jealousy. Thus, when I refer to the need for "maturity" it is simply an enlightened view of humanity that realizes that we can "own" nobody - love is only freely given.

If all relationships were built upon "true love" (e.g. a sacrificial love that only hopes for the best for the one loved), then there would be no rages of jealousy and there would be no need to sneak out and cheat behind the back of the one you (supposedly) love the most in the world. In reality, it's not the sex outside of marriage that is the problem but the pressure to remain monogamous and the subsequent failure to do so which in turn leads to deceptions and lies. It's the lies that kill - not the actual sex!

So, perhaps in time more people will become enlightened to what real love is and negotiated sexual relationships with others will be the norm. I like to think such broad scale enlightenment is possible....but, I actually doubt it will come to be. So the fear, cheating, lying, rages and murders will go on...and all because some other person had sex?????

My goodness! So enlightened on the one hand, so not on the other. Well said Sojourner!

this kind of thing has been common for ages. the Romans lived for excess. they had orgies with men and women, they ate until they puked. But 2000 years later that kind of thing is still taboo. It will always be in the shadows.

sojourner.q said:
...and all because some other person had sex?????

It's about personal preference though because as we know there are plenty of relationships where partners having sexual contact outside of the relationship is accepted and that’s fine. In other relationships where one partner feels threatened by the thought of their partner ‘cheating’ and can also feel humiliated, inadequate etc and so seeks agreement from their partner that they will not ‘cheat’ and that partner does so anyway, then that is betrayal and trust me it can be very painful.

I believe that ‘true love’ is devotion yes, but it is also about complete respect for your partner and the agreements that you make, whatever those agreements are.

jelous_of_wifes_bf said:
It's about personal preference though because as we know there are plenty of relationships where partners having sexual contact outside of the relationship is accepted and that’s fine. In other relationships where one partner feels threatened by the thought of their partner ‘cheating’ and can also feel humiliated, inadequate etc and so seeks agreement from their partner that they will not ‘cheat’ and that partner does so anyway, then that is betrayal and trust me it can be very painful.

I believe that ‘true love’ is devotion yes, but it is also about complete respect for your partner and the agreements that you make, whatever those agreements are.

Yes, it's about personal preferences - but, in any relationship there are more than one set of preferences. When one (or more) in the relationship views their own "preferences" as being more important than another's, then there is introduced an element of selfishness into the relationship. This is where I use the word 'enlightened' to simply describe mature individuals who are able to sit down, discuss and negotiate the various "preferences". Where true love comes into play, I think, is when all persons in the relationship can set aside their own "preferences" for the good and well being of the other(s). However, it can be quickly seen that all of the players must hold the same values in regard to 'self sacrificial love' in order for it to work.

So when I speak of a true love, it includes the respect for the agreements you negotiate (which you so astutely noted above), but it goes much farther. It's a true heart felt desire to see the very best life possible for your partner (in one way, that's what enables one to be able to respect the agreements). Even if that very best may no longer include you! That is true love I think. It's not a defeatist approach of just giving up your own desires...it is a proactive approach where each partner seeks to enable the other to find his/her best life.

But as I said earlier, this is a type of love not too common. For the most part, love in this society is more about fear and possession than it is about giving all for the good of another, (i.e. the belief that somehow you now possess (own) the person you are partnered with...and the uneasy fear (jealousy) that you may somehow loose him/her). I'm sorry you have experienced the pain of betrayal...most of us have, but I hope you haven't let that reinforce the walls whose foundation is fear. In my own humble opinion, I cannot be set free while I am frightened of others or what they might do...freedom comes when I open myself to love others and sometimes love flows back to me as a result...best wishes to you