• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

New Years Eve

• Thread starterelvis
  • Start date

elvis

New around here...
Beloved Member
Feb 19, 2006
So what is going on for New Years Eve? How many of us will be sitting at home while the wife is out ?

Still working on our plans. What are you doing?

Does nye bring back any good memories from previous years?

I will be home with the kids and wife will go to New Years party alone. I have already messaged another couple letting them know they are welcomed and encouraged to bring her home with them. Wife runs hot and cold. So we will have to see what happens.

sean001 said:
... my wife and I travel over to Raleigh, NC to watch the acorn drop.

I think this is an actual line from "The Andy Griffith Show". ;-)

And in that vein, don't you think Thelma Lou probably cuckolded Barney?

He seemed like the cuckold type.

Doc

My oriental beauty is away (not fucking) so I wanked my way into 2011 with some of the fakes of her that's been done on this forum.

MacNfries said:

That's very interesting, Mac. People have no clue how big that television show was. It was a MONSTER. It's the only show to go off the air while being #1 in the ratings.

Years ago, I went to Pinehurst on a golf holiday. When you were right in Pinehurst, or at the resort, that was one set of people. However, when you got outside of Pinehurst (was it the "Kill Devil Hills" area? I don't recall) .. whew, man, the people really changed. I didn't know quite what to make of it. I had never been around people like that, anywhere. So, my only reference point was Andy Griffith and the vivid characters of that show. I didn't enjoy the golf at all in North Carolina. I'm an avid player of 30 years and a pretty fair scorer and just didn't care for it. So, I never went back to that area to play again. But I enjoyed the people. Very unique personalities.

There's some show on now, "Hot in Cleveland" that I never watch. However, when "The Drew Carey Show" was on, people were constantly laughing and questioning me about the people on there and Cleveland. It was pretty damn accurate, to be honest. I was born in downtown Cleveland, not a suburb .. right downtown. I graduated from a suburban Cleveland high school and Cleveland State University for my undergraduate. There's nobody more "Cleveland" than me. And I'm very proud of that. Very, very proud. I've lived in Austin, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Connecticut, etc. Nothing compares to Cleveland, though the people in Atlanta were great. Most especially the female people. WHEW! Wow. Southern Belles.

It's mostly the weather here that makes the experience very intense and the people interesting and not boring. There is a perception of being cold but .. we're not Minnesota or the U.P. of Michigan. We're about the same latitude as the South of France. Yeah, it does get intensely cold here. But, it does get intensely hot here, as well. All the seasons are striking and vivid. When spring comes here, people are in jubilation. Happy faces everywhere. When spring comes in L.A., people don't really care. They put out their green plastic plants to replace their brown plastic plants. In Austin, it just means it's that much closer to being so hot you can't go outside so they get depressed.

Here in Ohio, we feel like if you aren't living here, you're just dying somewhere else. Real ... damn ... slow. The experiences here are so much more fundamental and shade your perception of being alive in contrasting tones that can't be reached elsewhere. Case in point:

What's the most intense war in American history? Civil War. Grant and Sherman, Ohio boys.

What's the most intense thing mankind has ever achieved? Flight. Wright Brothers, two Ohio men.

First man from America to orbit the planet? John Glenn, Ohio boy.

What is the most intense action ever by mankind? Walk on the moon. Neil Armstrong, a great Ohioan.

What's the most intense form of art ever created? Rock and Roll.

What's the most intense sport ever created? Pro football.

Ohio. We are what intense is.

It's the weather. It maximizes the experience of being alive.

Doc

Users who are viewing this thread