• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Obsessed

• Thread starterrhino
  • Start date

rhino

Not quite a lurker
Beloved Member
Feb 29, 2004
Just saw a preview for 'Obsessed'. Ali Larter from 'Heroes' plays a white secretary who stalks her married (to Beyonce) black boss.

U know i got to see this. Lots of u out there too. Do not lie.

That reminds me. How many of u have actually seen or been involved in this situation? Black man is hanging out with black woman. His wife or date or whatever. The point is he is OBVIOUSLY hanging out with her. Then a white woman comes along and makes advances toward the man and just plain ignores the black woman and the black woman is all 'what the fuck? did i just turn invisible?'

I have not been involved in this exact situation. In my case both women were white and the first one almost started a fist fight with the other 1.

Guess I'm in the dark about this but is "OBSESSED" a movie or is it a TV series.. And if you don't mind, please email me the answer at cmeinfl1@yahoo.com.. I can't access this site from work and don't get to this site that often....thanks

Rhino said:
Just saw a preview for 'Obsessed'. Ali Larter from 'Heroes' plays a white secretary who stalks her married (to Beyonce) black boss.

U know i got to see this. Lots of u out there too. Do not lie.

That reminds me. How many of u have actually seen or been involved in this situation? Black man is hanging out with black woman. His wife or date or whatever. The point is he is OBVIOUSLY hanging out with her. Then a white woman comes along and makes advances toward the man and just plain ignores the black woman and the black woman is all 'what the fuck? did i just turn invisible?'

I have not been involved in this exact situation. In my case both women were white and the first one almost started a fist fight with the other 1.

Obsessed is a new movie being released soon in the theatres

OBSESSED will probably be dull

OBSESSED is to be released to theaters April 24. It is a rip-off of FATAL ATTRACTION intended to avoid tedium through the spice of IR. Of course,OBSESSED concludes with still-more-predictable violence against women. The sex scenes will undoubtedly be censored and additionally disappointing because of the unexciting personalities of the IR couple, Idris Elba and Ali Larter. Of the lead actors, only Beyonce is sexy and, I'm sure, she'll be limited to showing fear and bewilderment!

Does the film actually explore the taboo of interracial desire or do the lead roles just happen to be played by a Black Man and white woman respectively?

Only there is a big difference?

Does anyone know the answer to the above? Speaking of which are there any mainstream films which explore interracial relationships from a sexual point of view? It would be great to watch a serious film which explored why Black men and white women seem to have this natural attraction to one another, the whole taboo of forbidden desire etc.

Latest about OBSESSED

Still a month and more to its release but it seems unlikely that OBSESSED will have anything real to say about interracial relationships or even that it will delight IR enthusiasts with explicit sex scenes between Ali Larter and Idris Elba. Indications are that its main interest is in depicting furious conflict between Ali and Beyonce. Expect catfights aplenty, says US magazine. "The ladies didn't want to do really girlie, slappy, hair-pulling fights," producer William Packer told US, "They wanted it to seem like the characters were really battling. In some scenes, Beyonce looks horrible, with blood coming out of her nose!"

tanya_wife said:
Does anyone know the answer to the above? Speaking of which are there any mainstream films which explore interracial relationships from a sexual point of view? It would be great to watch a serious film which explored why Black men and white women seem to have this natural attraction to one another, the whole taboo of forbidden desire etc.

If there were i would think we would heard about it. I personally do not think anyone has the balls to do it. It is all about political correctness on the one hand and racism on the other. U cannot touch the topic without offending ALOT of people and hollywood does not want that. The best we could hope for is an independent film. Come on. Look at the shit we talk about on this site alone. Would YOU talk about it on film with your real name and everything? I would not.

just shut up,,,,ur corny
steviliam said:
obsessed is to be released to theaters april 24. It is a rip-off of fatal attraction intended to avoid tedium through the spice of ir. Of course,obsessed concludes with still-more-predictable violence against women. The sex scenes will undoubtedly be censored and additionally disappointing because of the unexciting personalities of the ir couple, idris elba and ali larter. Of the lead actors, only beyonce is sexy and, i'm sure, she'll be limited to showing fear and bewilderment!

Here's a trailer:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/4Si_82F8-JY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/4Si_82F8-JY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Obsessed Review

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

If you do not want advance information about OBSESSED, please READ NO FURTHER!

I've just come from a showing of OBSESSED. There is NO sex scene in the film interracial or otherwise. Derek (Idris Elba) is an imvestment group executive faithfully and happily married with one small baby to Sharon (Beyonce Knowles) who finds himself the object of flirtatious advances from new "temp", Lisa (Ali Larter). These Derek adamantly rejects, fearing loss of both employment and wife but Lisa merely becomes all the more aggressive in her pursuit. Bizarrely, the more frequent and harsh Derek's rejections become, the more the mentally unhinged Lisa comes to believe that he is "in love" with her!

Several opportunities to depict marital relations between Derek and Sharon are bypassed and the interracial encounters between Derek and Ali are abortive. She attempts to perform oral sex on him -- with witnesses!--in the washroom during the officer Christmas party. She shows up in the parking garage wearing a trenchcoat and "flashes" him to reveal lingerie and fishnet stockings. Derek furiously rejects her on both occassions. Finally she drugs him before molesting him in his hotel room. In none of these scenes do we see so much as a passionate kiss!

A crucial element of the story is the truth of Derek's insistence that "NOTHING has happened" between him and Lisa, except in her delusional mind. And the film ends with a house-wrecking battle royal between Lisa and Sharon.

Ali Larter candidly admitted that OBSESSED is an imitation of FATAL ATTRACTION. The main difference is that, in FATAL ATTRACTION, there really is a hot adulterous affair!

It should be emphasized that this is not in any conceptual sense, an "interracial" story at all but rather a prime example of "color blind casting".
The race or color of any or all of the characters could be changed
without any need to alter the subtlest point of the action or a word of dialogue.

I agree with others, I was disappointed with the film. I had hoped that there would be at least a twinge of interracial desire in the film. It could have been anyone cast in the roles and nothing would be changed, true. Not only was it a knock off of Fatal Attraction but how about the Lara Flynn Boyle film "The Temp?" Yet I do think that Ali Larter would look hot sucking or fucking a hard black cock, oh yeah!

Users who are viewing this thread