• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Princess Diana said she regretted marrying Germans

• Thread starterWifeLuver
  • Start date

WifeLuver

Slut Lover!
Beloved Member
Dec 13, 2006
Princess Diana told her divorce lawyer Anthony Julius that she 'should never have married into a German family'. The legal eagle has revealed that she made the slight when she approached him to talk over her divorce with Prince Charles in 1996. Mr Julius has written about the divorce in a book, and says: 'She once said to me she should never have married into a German family.'

The Queen's great great grandfather Albert was a German prince, married to Queen Victoria.

In the book, Mr Julius describes Diana, who died in a car crash in Paris in 1997, as someone who was alienated from the world around her and lived 'as if in a vacuum'.

He also writes: 'She was interested in Jews, but had no idea about them, save that Jewish men (she had heard) were more likely than the men of her own class and background to treat women decently. She was undereducated in the approved style of her class and gender and was very receptive to new experiences, which meant she was sometimes taken by odd fancies.'

Source: Metro.co.uk

Other Sources:

Diana dismissed royals as 'German family': lawyer

Princess Di: I wish I hadn't married into German family

Diana said she 'should never have married into a German family'

The British royal family is actually German.

The British royal family is currently known as the House of Windsor. Before that they were originally called the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, a German noble family. The German-sounding name, House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, was changed to House of Windsor by King George V to renounce its German ancestry in light of World War I. King George V was actually an honorary Field Marshal in the German army.

The British royal family changed their name from House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (German) to the House of Windsor (English).

Only 54% of colonialists (elligible to vote) voted for independence from the British. The KIng then - George III was a German.

What the fuck is it with you and these post who really cares about all this info about this crap it is like you are out to bash the UK and the people in it with all your post. Talk about racist look in the mirror seems to me you have a over enlarged penis against the Brits. I'm sick of these post of yours granted this is the off topic forum but frankly it wasnt set up for the shit you are posting.

Me4noir said:
Only 54% of colonialists (elligible to vote) voted for independence from the British. The KIng then - George III was a German.

Six British monarchs, including Queen Victoria and the infamous King George III during the American Revolution, were members of the German House of Hanover:

• George I (ruled 1714-1727)
  • George II (ruled 1727-1760)
  • George III (ruled 1760-1820)
  • George IV (ruled 1820-1830)
  • William IV (ruled 1830-1837)
  • Victoria (ruled 1837-1901)
Before becoming the first British king of the Hanoverian line in 1714, George I (who spoke more German than English) had been the Duke of Brunswick-Lüneberg (der Herzog von Braunschweig-Lüneberg). The first three royal Georges in the House of Hannover (also known as the House of Brunswick, Hanover Line) were also electors and dukes of Brunswick-Lüneberg. Between 1814 and 1837 the British monarch was also the king of Hanover, then a kingdom in what is now Germany.

Early queen's skeleton 'found in German cathedral'

Remains of one of the earliest members of the English royal family may have been unearthed in a German cathedral, a Bristol University research team says. They believe a near-complete female skeleton, aged 30 to 40, found wrapped in silk in a lead coffin in Magdeburg Cathedral is that of Queen Eadgyth. The granddaughter of Alfred the Great, she married Otto I, Holy Roman Emperor, in 929. She died 17 years later, at 36.

Source: BBC News

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, British history.

Let's see. How far back do you want to go. You do realise that we were invaded by Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Normans and Vikings from most sea-faring countries all over 900 years ago going back as far 500AD. For the 400+ years before that we'd endured Italians. We're about as pure blood as a light brown person.

As for your comments about Diana, it's great that you've found Wikipedia. What you've failed to mention is that she was actually a direct descendent of King Charles II. Not to his Portuguese wife though, but through illegitimate descendency. Even look at that - Catherine was Queen Consort and the ones either side of her were French and Italian!

Basically the whole of the European royal houses were at it for most of the last millennium to maintain their lineage and importance. The period of English history that I find most interesting is the Saxon occupation of England from their early forays across the North Sea right through to the Norman Conquest in 1066. Quite why they fought over Hastings I'll never know - it's a shit hole ;)

So, in summary, if you're going to darken the name of Princess Diana, fuck off.

Queen Elizabeth II's mother was Scottish and likely on her maternal side there were a lot of non-Germans. Like most royal families they are a mixed bag. Diana was a beautiful woman, but she was burned out and angry at the Royals. She was just lashing out. When couples split up there is often a lot of that.
Me4noir, it was more like 30% of people in the 13 colonies were in favour of the revolution. Most people didn't care one way or another. They were just interested in getting on with life, farming or whatever. We know that about 30% of the population either driven out after the revolution or were maimed or executed. Their properties were generally confiscated by their neighbours. It was the equivalent of the French Revolution's reign of terror.

All very interesting, if a little fourth form and riddled with slight mistakes, and the bottom line is -- we still have no idea what points you are trying to make.

Prince Philip during World War II changed his name to Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten. He was in fact a German prince, with a family name of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburgs. All four of his sisters were married to German princes, three of whom actually become members of the Nazi party. Prince Philip's brother-in-law Prince Christoph of Hesse became head of Goering's secret intelligence service and attended many Nazi functions.

Here is a picture of Prince Philip (circled) attending the funeral of his elder sister Cecile in Germany in 1937 where he is flanked by other relatives in SS and Brownshirt uniforms.

philipfuneralL060306_450x310.jpg

Three of Prince Philip's sisters - Sophie, Cecile and Margarita - became members of the Nazi party. Prince Philip's four brothers-in-law, with whom he lived, were all German who all became high-ranking figures in the Nazi Party.

Prince Harry carrying on the tradition from his grandpa Philip.

princeharryswastika.jpg

Good old Harry. That dude knows how to partay!

Point WifeLuver? Nah,didn't think so.

LOL, if all was even true as described. SO FUCKING WHAT!! Whats your point wifelvr?

I don't think there is a point, he is trying to prove something to himself perhaps?

Please can you close this. I find anything that is against Princess Di's memory as deeply offensive.

I met Prince Phillip once. He was so nice to my young son.

He obviously fought against the evil Nazis in the British Navy during World War II so I think he should be afforded at least a little respect.

Hungrylips said:
Queen Elizabeth II's mother was Scottish and likely on her maternal side there were a lot of non-Germans. Like most royal families they are a mixed bag. Diana was a beautiful woman, but she was burned out and angry at the Royals. She was just lashing out. When couples split up there is often a lot of that.

Yes, divorce is such a divisive thing. So terrible.

I think i've figured out where wifeluver is from,he's from the big rock candy mountain that some guy wrote that song about lol.

At the big rock candy mountain
all the cops got wooden legs
all the bulldogs they got rubber teeth
and the hens lay soft boiled eggs
at the big rock candy mountain
theres a lake of stew
one of whisky too
you can paddle all around 'em in a big canoe
i'm gonna go and stay where they sleep all day
where they hung the jerk that invented work
at the big rock candy mountain

yep thats where he's from coz nothing bad ever happens where he's from lol

Make a point WifeLuver of all this stuff your are posting and for what reason or I will with it.

Users who are viewing this thread