• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Question for computer gurus

• Thread starterclayc1968
  • Start date

clayc1968

Not quite a lurker
Beloved Member
Apr 29, 2011
I have some pics that are deleted.

HOWEVER, when I go to a site like yahoo email and try to upload a file, the deleted pics are right there. This is a good thing because I want the pics back.

I can preview the pic and enjoy but when I try to access it directly (not through the yahoo email), the pic is not there.

Going back into yahoo email, I have tried to unhide the pics but I can't get them back.

It won't let copy/paste it over. I tried unhiding it. I'm at a loss. My computer is teasing me!

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance. I'll be fairly busy until Saturday evening so a response by me may be delayed.

It is going to take some serious checking to find out what is causing this.

My "GUESS" (based on the weird behavior):

1) You have the pics some where in a temp folder which were copied while dealing with an earlier upload to yahoo mail or something similar with a browser.

OR

2) All you are seeing are thumbnails while the actual pictures are gone.

My suggestion:

First send an email to yourself using yahoomail and attach the pictures. Then download the pictures to a different location from that email either from sent mail or inbox.

Hope this helps.
jag

Please keep the replies coming. I will respond tonight. The system is a laptop with Windows 7. It's the same laptop with the same OS.

I'll respond to the first question when I get home tonight but the problem still exists.

Thanks again. I'll post some of these pics if we can bring them back. I'll put them in my private album and anyone who responds to this thread will be friended so they can see them. Just pics of me but VERY personal pics.

I'm glad I am not the only one that has trouble but then misery loves company. Sort of like this forum!

we'll hafta wait til a real bright guy decides
to help ...eg. Custards Stand

Sorry about the delayed response. I got held up at the job (by my boss, not a criminal).

At any rate, here are my responses;

Jag, the files were deleted about 9 months ago (+/-) but if they are in a temp file, do you have any idea were I should start looking and would it just be a matter of finding the temp file and clicking on it? If I am only seeing the thumbnail, it's a heck of a thumbnail collection.

When I try to upload the file to yahoo to email it to myself, yahoo says it's unable to find the file. But, in yahoo mail, when I click on the "browse" button to select a file to upload, I can right click on these deleted pics and preview them in full size (full screen) as if they were still there.

I can click on copy but when I try to paste it back into reality, the "paste" word is dimmed so I can't select it.

MacNFries, the pics have never been anywhere but on this laptop (from the digiatal camera). The only OS this laptop has ever had is Windows 7. Just to be clear, it was Wondows 7 before I created the pics, while I had them, and since they were deleted.

mimi27406, the best misery I ever enjoyed was when my best friend was fucking my girlfriend. That's hard to explain but it's true. But I don't want to derail my own thread. Just didn't want to ignore you either.

Duke9555, thanks for suggesting Custards Stand. I'll track him down and ask him to join this thread if soon if we can't figure it out among ourselves. Unless one of you tracks him down and over here before I do.

bastanchury, it's a Windows laptop. When I am "browsing" using Yahoo mail, it won't give me the option to save the file. It will let me copy it (or it seems to give me the option to copy it) but when I try to paste it someplace else, "paste" is dimmed so I can't do it. I know there is a way to copy/paste things using the control/alternate functions but I haven't looked that up yet. Does anyone remember how to copy/paste from the MS-DOS days? Alt-V, Control-O.......something. I'll try to look it up and let you know about the experience.

inf_shop, I know that is a $50-$60 program. But I also know there is a demo version. Can I do it with the demo version? I can take a screen shot pic with a digital camera but I think your idea would have a better quiality to it.

SouthernRail, I haven't checked that out yet. Thanks for the suggestion.

So still, I can enjoy the pics. I just can't move them off my laptop to share. There really is nothing really special about the pics. They are all just of me. Three of them are of me giving head and of all of them, those are the ones I want back the most. They have the best resolution to.

Right click on the picture and go to properties.

There will be the file name and whole path. Copy paste that here. I have a suspicion that they might have ended up at recycle bin in which case you have to select 'Restore'.

MacNfries said:
:D ... hahaha, dukie ... dude, one of your sarcastic remarks was actually taken seriously. Bet that hurt your feelings. Kind of takes the "fun" out of sarcasm when that happens, doesn't it? That's ok, most of us knew what you were really saying. :D

===========

i may pay you a visit Mac for one of my regular severe beatings
you administer so well :confused::eek:

jag said:
Right click on the picture and go to properties.

There will be the file name and whole path. Copy paste that here. I have a suspicion that they might have ended up at recycle bin in which case you have to select 'Restore'.

C:\Users\clay\Pictures\clay

bastanchury said:
It's Ctrl-C to copy and Ctrl-V to paste.

Thanks! I tried that but it didn't work. That leads me to believe that I am looking at thumbnails. All of those thumbnails have original pic resolution. Which gives me an idea that I'll post below.....

Mac and Duke, I fell for that hook, line, and sinker.

Mac, I friended you some time back so you have access to my private album. I have three pics in there of myself. It may give you a better idea of why I was cucked so long ago.

Back on thread,

What if I simply took a screenshot of the thumbnails and resaved it? Anybody recall what I would type to do that?

Like the Control-V and such, I know there is a function to save a screenshot.

Once I get this worked out, I'll upload the pics to my private album here and friend everyone on this thread (which will give you access to it).

Again, it's only pics of me but it's the least I can do.

If you can get a fullscreen pic then press PRT SC button. Open PAINT and copy. You can then cut the image from Paint and save it again.

clayc1968 said:
Mac and Duke, I fell for that hook, line, and sinker.

Mac, I friended you some time back so you have access to my private album. I have three pics in there of myself. It may give you a better idea of why I was cucked so long ago.

Back on thread,

What if I simply took a screenshot of the thumbnails and resaved it? Anybody recall what I would type to do that?

Like the Control-V and such, I know there is a function to save a screenshot.

Once I get this worked out, I'll upload the pics to my private album here and friend everyone on this thread (which will give you access to it).

Again, it's only pics of me but it's the least I can do.

==========

bowie.jpg lol

I did it. I used a photo editing program. There was a dimmed "save" and an UNdimmed "save as".

So I "saved as" and I now have the pics back.

I deleted these pics about 9 months ago, then emptied the recycling bin. And they are back again. So if you want to take a keep at someone's pics, try what i did. Go into yahoo mail (or any online site) and click the "browse" button to select a file to upload.

Now look around at files that they thought were deleted long ago. We are all so vunerable.

As I promised, I will friend everyone on this thread and upload the pics to my private file (that only friends can see). You'll get to see me naked and also three pics of me with a dick in my mouth.

Please give me until Tuesday night to keep my promise. Thanks everybody!

And happy cruising.

clayc1968 said:
I did it. I used a photo editing program. There was a dimmed "save" and an UNdimmed "save as".

So I "saved as" and I now have the pics back.

I deleted these pics about 9 months ago, then emptied the recycling bin. And they are back again. So if you want to take a keep at someone's pics, try what i did. Go into yahoo mail (or any online site) and click the "browse" button to select a file to upload.

Now look around at files that they thought were deleted long ago. We are all so vunerable.

As I promised, I will friend everyone on this thread and upload the pics to my private file (that only friends can see). You'll get to see me naked and also three pics of me with a dick in my mouth.

Please give me until Tuesday night to keep my promise. Thanks everybody!

And happy cruising.

============

CryTowel.jpg :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread