• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Racism, violence plague Australia: Bryce

• Thread starterWifeLuver
  • Start date

WifeLuver

Slut Lover!
Beloved Member
Dec 13, 2006
Governor General Quentin Bryce says racist and violent acts still plague Australia, despite major advances towards a more tolerant society. The speech at Edith Cowan University in Perth was part of Harmony week, celebrating multicultural Australia. Ms Bryce says courts are not effectively addressing systematic discrimination.

She says the courts focus on discrimination on a case by case basis, but do little to address the long-term problems. "The complaints carry a considerable burden in trying to prove the discriminatory behaviour, individuals are frequently in a more vulnerable position than the parties discriminating against them," she said.

"Among the many daily stories of celebration of multicultural Australia there are still those that weep of hatred and intolerance."

Racism, violence plague Australia: Bryce - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Of course racist and violent acts still plague Australia. What you expect? Australia is a self-governing dominion of the British Crown.

I have close friends in Australia and have visited the country a number of times..............im sorry but you both are totally ignorant on this subject, Australia is no more rascist that any other country including us here in the US.

I guess because some individual dares to speak their mind and not succumb to politically correct bullshit all of a sudden they are a rascist, the way to stifle a debate on the subject of race is to call someone a rascist. You both should be informed before posting such garbage again.

BigBlkBull said:
I have close friends in Australia and have visited the country a number of times..............im sorry but you both are totally ignorant on this subject, Australia is no more rascist that any other country including us here in the US.

I guess because some individual dares to speak their mind and not succumb to politically correct bullshit all of a sudden they are a rascist, the way to stifle a debate on the subject of race is to call someone a rascist. You both should be informed before posting such garbage again.
I totally agree we have wifeluver here that post this garbage from some news source and it is the way it is. After all the Media never say anything that isnt fact or hipe something up to make news if there isnt any and to me it is quite the ignorance of people believing everything the media says. Got news for everyone there are racist people in all four corners of the world so people bringing this shit up all the time keeps it alive.

I am an american living here for four years. I have read several of wifeluver's post. While I am not sure of the agenda, I know a several black people here. Almost all of the youth culture here is copied from American black culture. (They dont do a good job of it either. lol) North american blacks are given much love and respect here. They are admired and treated with awe wherever they go. The men could sleep with hundreds of white women a year if they choose to. Dont listen to the hate some people want to spread. It just aint right.

We're going to find discrimination everywhere. The same argument in Australia can also be made in the United States. Should people be called out if they do some blatant racist shit? Sure. But a lot if times someone will get the racist label when they're just speaking their mind, and we're not going to make any progress doing that.

Tolerance is over rated. Soft , and weak minded peopl crave it.

Every time I've ever seen, heard, or read, about racism, most people think it-racism- comes automatically from caucasians, the way it's written and implied. The reality is, it comes from ALL races. I've seen and heard it in all races. 'Don't bring him/her here, he/she is not one of us'. I grew up with that as a caucasian. Parents didn't even like seeing their children-- once they turned a dating age-- with other nationalities, of the same race, let alone someone of a different race.
Here in Australia, ALL people are given a fair go, IF, [and it's a mighty big IF] you try and have a genuine go, at whatever you want to do. The education is there,-just stay in school and LEARN-,don't cry later and say 'racism' was the cause of me not learning, when a hell of a lot of caucasians cop reverse racism everyday!!! I still see it around everyday. Those that have given it a 'go', have found a whole new world opened up. A lot of others, just sit on their arses, claim 'racism' for everything, no job, no money, no house- 'it's all YOUR fault, when education is the key.

What a load of crap "WifeLuver " You pull up a single paragraph from a single speech by somebody who is nothing more than a ceremonial figure head . Then try to pass it off as evidence of racism being rife , thus attempting to label a whole country as racist .
Which of us Australians are you inferring to Chinese-Aussies, Indian-Aussies, Greek-Aussies Indo-Aussies , Brit-Aussies ,Italian-Aussies, African-AussiesArab-Aussies etc etc etc because I can tell you not one of us would want to up and leave this great country that gives everyone a fair go .
Or are you just referring to "White" people you racist prick ?
One thing that is expected buy most Australians is that anyone that comes hear to live regards them self as an Australian first and foremost and leaves any baggage or hatreds at the door .
As one poster above pointed out there is racism all over the world "white against white " "black against black" , "Äsian against Asian " Arab against Arab" and every other bigoted mix possible .
Here you can marry who ever you like with out the fear of prejudice you might find elsewhere in the world .
In fact we celebrate or multicultural make up and anyone trying to play the race card to get a free ride instead of working hard like those that have come before them will these days be told to shut the fuck up and get on with it .
Main issue we have here these days is trying to get certain religious groups to leave their bigoted racist ideals behind them in their old country and face up to why they wanted to come here in the first place .
Get educated to the facts "Wifeluver" ( and not by the media ) before you single out a whole nationality for slur and abuse

Users who are viewing this thread