• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Regarding spam....

• Thread starterRoSquirts
  • Start date

RoSquirts

Slut Lover!
Beloved Member
Oct 2, 2007
sexysquirter.com
A good rule of thumb is to not reply to it all, even negatively.
ANY response to spam draws more attention to it and that's what the spammer wants. Better to ignore it and let the moderators deal with it when they can.

You must do a great job at getting rid of it, Will, because compared to most adult oriented boards I think the spam is relatively light in here :)
And that is a simple solution I've never heard of anyone doing before..lol! Only thing is that boards are usually software packages that are difficult to modify unless the original authors included that option.

It does seem to have gotten out of hand, but you are doing a great job getting rid of it. It also seems you have your hands full with moving posts around. Are you still the only moderator or have the old ones been replaced?

G

When I was a mod I spent half my time dealing with spam so it is an unenviable and thankless task. Considering he is the only one around here and has much on his plate, Will is doing just fine combating it. I only post in spam threads to help draw attention to it and help make Will (or others) aware of it as I know a lot of it gets missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will, I can't remember if it was you who mentioned it to me via private message or it was suggested in a thread, but I recall my name being mentioned as an ideal candidate for the chat room moderator. I just wanted to let you know, if I hadn't already, that I never use the chat room and haven't any interest in being its mod. I'd decline if asked.

pimpology101 said:
When I was a mod I spent half my time dealing with spam so it is an unenviable and thankless task. Considering he is the only one around here and has much on his plate, Will is doing just fine combating it. I only post in spam threads to help draw attention to it and help make Will (or others) aware of it as I know a lot of it gets missed.

I thought that was why there was a Report Spam section? I know your intentions are good but replying to spam only furthers the spammers cause. ANY attention that gets people to see their spam helps them get results and breeds more spam.

I know if I said this background was black you'd argue it was white, but trust me, I know about these things,lol.

I just found where it was mentioned, Will. Something to the affect of me being the "iron-fisted" mod of the chat. LOL

Anyway, glad you have someone in place as like I said, had I even been considered I'd have had to decline and I have no interest in ever even using the chat. Plus, with my yahoo group, my swinglifestyle group and starting a new forum board of my own, I simply don't have the time anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread