• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Scientists reckon women's eyes don't tell lies - do you agree?

• Thread starterSaraha
  • Start date

Saraha

Contributing member!
V.I.P!
Beloved Member
Scientists have checked the eyes of 321 women while watching photos of naked men and women - and have concluded that women are 18% heterosexual and the other 82% are definitely homosexual or bi-sexual.

Teenage girls in the playground holding hands may be doing so - because their genes are expressing truthful needs.

Religion and society have been controlling females for thousands of years, and if all rules were flushed down the toilet, women may form same sex relationships in much greater numbers automatically.

I hoping that bigger studies will be done on the sexuality of women, because 321 is a tiny sample of the 4.2billion women in the world.

:love::whip_it:

I wonder what Slutwives.com Readers think of the hypothesis that "women's eyes reveal their true sexual orientation" ??

Last edited:
Reactions: purplejoys
Saraha said:
Scientists have checked the eyes of 321 women while watching photos of naked men and women - and have concluded that women are 18% heterosexual and the other 82% are definitely homosexual or bi-sexual.

[...]

I wonder what Slutwives.com Readers think of the hypothesis that "women's eyes reveal their true sexual orientation" ??

I suspect it's more likely that the women are largely comparing for competitive reasons (i.e. to see if they're hotter or not) than for lust-oriented reasons.

Saraha said:

I'd say we need a reference for this. Where does one find this study?

By Google Search:-

The Vancouver Sun
November 8, 2015
Most women are either lesbian or bi-sexual, academic claims
By Eleanor Steafel, The Daily Telegraph

I actually read the story from another news source I can't find today, but obviously several newspapers have run their own interpretation of what the research found out.

Hi Ms. Saraha,

Re.:

Saraha said:
Scientists have checked the eyes of 345 women while watching photos of naked men and women - and have concluded that women are 18% heterosexual and the other 82% are definitely homosexual or bi-sexual.

Thanks for the reference. The online article that brought up included:

"The study, led by Dr Gerulf Rieger from the department of psychology at the University of Essex, involved 345 women whose responses to being shown videos of naked men and women were analysed. The results, published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, were based on elements such as whether their pupils dilated in response to sexual stimuli."

First, I agree that 345 is a rather small sample size (as you pointed out).

Second, an unverified assumption appears to be built into the study: that dilation of pupils is a reflection of being sexually turned on in all cases: that is, 100% of women and 100% of men signal they are sexually turned on in that way.

But, is that actually true? Suppose 80% of women signal they're turned on with dilated pupils, and 70% of men do so. Or, 45% of women and 32% of men... or, some other combination of percentages... and, the rest indicate they're sexually aroused in other ways.

In the (admittedly brief) description given, there's no indication the author(s) controlled for possibly-extraneous factors.

The article yields no confidence the study is statistically valid. Thus, the results may be meaningless.

Last edited:
Saraha said:
I suspose a lot of so called research is not going to be proved too easily - and many women would feel a bit shy about discussing with strangers.

See my reply of today (30 Dec. 2015) in 2wheel's thread with "Finally" on the subject line. As I mentioned there, one can find summaries of many studies on the subject of men and women who are habitual liars by googling, "studies of habitual liars" (or words to that effect, without the quotes).

I would have to agree that 345 women is not a large enough sample to make any type of a valid statistical analysis. However, if we look at our primal instincts, men typically are hunters, while women are nurtures and gatherers. So one can logically conclude that more women would be emotionally and physically connected to one another. Sex is a primal instinct, we are primal beings, deep down.

I believe that there were some experiments involving sex offenders in prison.

Once the authorities discovered that a guy was responding, they would show the guy hundreds of photos, and an electric shock would go into the testicles everytime a child photo appeared and his penis went stiff.

The electric shock was meant to retrain the guy's brain to not desire friendships with children anymore.

The "treatments" worked with some guys but not others.

Seriously, this sounds bunkers to me.
Its not the study I disagree with. It is the ridicuous conclusion that is drawn from that study:

1) Is it possible that women's pupils dilate when they see another women? YES.
2) Does that imply all women must be gay? Obviously NOT, duuh.

Users who are viewing this thread