Strange email

• Thread starterthe5to9
  • Start date
T

the5to9

A very strange thing happened the other day.

I woke up, checked my email and in a response to friendly email I sent earlier to a good buddy which read "What's up?", I found the following response:

"i don't know, someone who wouldn't mind sharing their hot wife wive with you?"

I was stunned. Immediately I went through my alternate email inbox to see if I inadvertently sent something to the wrong email by accident. I discovered this was not the case. I then inquired of other friends to see whether he was drinking excessively the night before. I still haven't heard back.

I haven't discussed my casual relationships or this site with my friends in the past. I haven't hinted at anything to suggest any of this. Haven't used his computer, post under a different user here then elsewhere....

At first pass this email appears to be addressed to the wrong person, since it reads slightly out of context. (Seems like an answer to what kind? or who?) But, how often do mistakes like this happen? Also strange was his usage of hot in front of wife, indicative of being into the lifestyle. His wife is very hot.

I haven't responded. I'm not sure how to proceed, still stunned. Maybe I'm reading too much into this because I frequent this site?

Not sure a reply that jumps into things right away will yield itself to normalcy if it indeed is not what he meant...

"Hi, do you want me to bang your wife? Oh, no? Oh, ok, no, cool, cool, no, just checking, so we're cool right? Ok, see you next weekend at the bbq"

Connecting the dots here; sometimes he would go overboard with the sex jokes at friendly gatherings...he was the guy that took it to that next level that no one was comfortable with. I remember there was this one time where he, jokingly, made a reference to her being a good slut and servicing these gentlemen... this brought about a playful smack from her and cringes from everyone else at the table.

The appropriate response is straightforward and risk-free.

The5to9,

the5to9 said:
A very strange thing happened the other day. I woke up, checked my email, and in a response to friendly email I sent earlier to a good buddy which read "What's up?", I found the following response: "I don't know, someone who wouldn't mind sharing their hot wife wive with you?"

Since you participate in this site and have attained some familiarity with "cuckold husband / hotwife" marriages, I suggest not considering your e-mail "strange" but rather an expression of a phenomenon characteristic of a subset of the married population.

the5to9 said:
I was stunned. Immediately I went through my alternate email inbox to see if I inadvertently sent something to the wrong email by accident. I discovered this was not the case. I then inquired of other friends to see whether he was drinking excessively the night before. I still haven't heard back.

Your "other friends" probably considered it very strange that you sent them an e-mail asking that question.

the5to9 said:
I haven't discussed my casual relationships or this site with my friends in the past. .... At first pass this email appears to be addressed to the wrong person ....

Obviously, your assumption is that your friend who sent you that e-mail note couldn't possibly have sent you that e-mail note. Obviously, you also assume you MUST find out in some way other than simply asking your friend if he really intended to send you that note.

Just as obviously, the really simple way to find out with no risk to yourself would be to send him a reply that includes his query (i.e., send it back to him), along with a question asking if (a) his note was really from him to you (not addressed to you by mistake), and (b) whether he really intended to ask you whether you would like to "share" his wife.

In response, your friend will have to answer "yes" or "no"... but he won't be able to criticize you for asking him about his query, since he clearly did send it to you.

the5to9 said:
I haven't responded. I'm not sure how to proceed, still stunned. Maybe I'm reading too much into this because I frequent this site?

A logical interpretation would be, since your friend's wife appears to be a "hot woman," maybe she is what she appears to be and your friend has, in effect, asked you to help him out with sexually satisfying her. He may have sent his query to you because he feels he isn't capable of doing it himself... at least, not completely... and he feels that as his long-term friend, you are a "safe" person from whom to seek assistance.

In my opinion, the best and most appropriate response... and the response your friend will most appreciate... will be to "play it straight," and send him a reply treating his e-mail as a perfectly normal question for him to have asked, but before replying you want to verify you really were his intended recipient and that really was the question he intended to ask you.

That way, you'll be presenting your friend, in a neutral way involving no risk to yourself, with an opportunity to straighten out the situation and say something like "oops, I intended to send that to X" or, alternatively, "yes, that is my question and you are the person I'm asking."

Time's a wastin'...

—Custer

.. or to paraphrase .. why not ask him.