• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

superbowl

• Thread startermuleman
  • Start date

muleman

SLUTWIVES VIP!
Beloved Member
Apr 7, 2005
OK Norm in order for the Cards to stay in this game where it isnt going to go down as one of the boringest SB's Warner is going to have to take the field and set the pace of the game and keep his team playing hard and positive that they can score. Now the Steelers are a team that can come on a field make you play their game and kick your ass hard so what I think is going to happen this will be boring as I think the steelers are going to dominate the whole game thus win in a tune to 28 to 7. My hit on whats yours Norm or anyone else. Piece of strange ass and a bottle of beer Norm the Steelers win

Though I'm rooting for the NFC I think the Cards need to create turnovers and have great special teams play to have a chance. Pitt can stop Fitzgerald with a double team and they can put real pressure on Kurt Warner. If Cards can't get a little bit of a running game it could be a long day for Warner, forcing him to the short outlet passes for little or no gain. Arizona can't afford to get behind early or they will really get creamed. The thinking where I work is Pitt scoring anywhere from 24 to 31 points and the Cards scoring 7 to 14 points. I pretty much agree. Pitt 27 Cards 14.

I read where if the Cards win they will by far be the worst team to have won a SB.

For what it's worth I think the Steelers are going to win. And who says that Dallas is America's team, I think the Steelers are taking over that role now. I'm picking 28-17.

maturesubgirl said:
For what it's worth I think the Steelers are going to win. And who says that Dallas is America's team, I think the Steelers are taking over that role now. I'm picking 28-17.
Now mature I agree the Steelers are going to win but if they dont they are gonna be looked at as a team that lost the big one to a team they should of beat bad. Now as Dallas America's team hey you know Norm and I are both Dallas people and I dont think they are America's team anymore as all the bs with the owner and the players in the media so I really dont think there is a America's team anymore.

Tex Shram was an innovator and was very forward looking and he would play his team anywhere and anytime back in the 60's. Thursday nights, Monday nights, everywhere. Many owners turned down those things because it breaks the routine. I read an article years ago that some TV executive said "When in doubt, give them Dallas" when it came to putting together which games to televise. Seems that Dallas games were always good for the ratings. So Dallas was seen by more people all over the country and since the team was for the most part winning, well people became fans and bought Dallas Cowboy's merchandise.

The "America's Team" label started when some stats came out that Dallas sold more team merchandise all over the country than any other team. Someone saw that and dubbed them America's Team. My guess is that it was probably some sports writer.

Anyway I'm sure the "Boy's" weren't crazy about the moniker because something like that always comes back to haunt you. Now, practically every team Dallas plays is a "rivalry" and teams playing Dallas always bring their "A" game.

Norman

PS So called "Big Games" involving Dallas still bring the biggest ratings. So maybe they still are America's Team.

SaltandPepper98 said:
Tex Shram was an innovator and was very forward looking and he would play his team anywhere and anytime back in the 60's. Thursday nights, Monday nights, everywhere. Many owners turned down those things because it breaks the routine. I read an article years ago that some TV executive said "When in doubt, give them Dallas" when it came to putting together which games to televise. Seems that Dallas games were always good for the ratings. So Dallas was seen by more people all over the country and since the team was for the most part winning, well people became fans and bought Dallas Cowboy's merchandise.

The "America's Team" label started when some stats came out that Dallas sold more team merchandise all over the country than any other team. Someone saw that and dubbed them America's Team. My guess is that it was probably some sports writer.

Anyway I'm sure the "Boy's" weren't crazy about the moniker because something like that always comes back to haunt you. Now, practically every team Dallas plays is a "rivalry" and teams playing Dallas always bring their "A" game.

Norman

PS So called "Big Games" involving Dallas still bring the biggest ratings. So maybe they still are America's Team.
Norm you missed the whole point in why they became America's team it was the Cheerleaders skin ass tight white shorts boots and little topps hiding great big breast hell every man wanted a cheerleader look at Debbie does Dalls

Remember boys no one gave giants a chance last year.

stacy-swf said:
Remember boys no one gave giants a chance last year.
Yes you are right Stac I dint think they would ever do it but the Cards just arent the team the Giants were last year but if Warner gets a couple of quick TD's they could up set the Steelers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Cards win 23-13.
The key to the game will be Arizona's defense, they can't let the Steelers control the ball. Even if the Steelers, and I don't think the Steelers can double-team Fitzgerald...well they can but then that's just gonna leave Bouldin free, and I think people forget he was an all-pro this year as well.

The NFL is all about getting hot at the right time, and this year Arizona found the right time.

For all the talking points to be made here today ,one thing we all can agree on. Is the game is played on the field ,and not in the chat rooms or around the water coolers

old Cards fan

The Cards won their last NFL championship 6 months after I was born....yet I have always been a fan...that said..I expect Pittsburgh to win..a close game........but......if it IS close in the 4th...and the Cards are in the lead....thats the only hope I see.....Warner can do it....IF he is still standing..!Good Luck to both teams

stacy-swf said:
For all the talking points to be made here today ,one thing we all can agree on. Is the game is played on the field ,and not in the chat rooms or around the water coolers
lmao you are so right

stacy-swf said:

true..but none of us are playing the game.
So...what we can and will do is talk about it.

24-20 Cardinals. Kurt Warner is a proven leader, and mvp champion who has been nothing less than extraordinary this season. If the Cards defense had bothered to show up during the regular season this team would have won at least 12 games. In addition, Boldin, Fitzgerald and Breaston are going to dominate the over rated Steeler Corners.

Steeler corners should get a lot of help from Steeler linebackers leaving them open to bumping Cardinal receivers at the line. Cardinals need at least a semblance of a running game. And they need some breaks to go their way. Defense and special teams need to score.

I am rooting for the Cards because I root for the NFC but I expect the Steelers to win.

Users who are viewing this thread