• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Unemployment Rate

• Thread starterPerson 27
  • Start date

Person 27

Not quite a lurker
Beloved Member
Oct 29, 2008
All Whites
8.6%
White Men Over 20
9.0%
White Women Over 20
6.9%
White Teens aged 16-19
23%

All Blacks
15.2%
Black Men Over 20
16.1%
Black Women Over 20
11.7%
Black Teens
48.4%

All Asians
7.3%

Released December 4th by the BLS

It shows that we're making progress rooting out sexism, however, we have a long way to go rooting out racism!

Or is says something about which segments of the population have prepared themselves, by education, training, and attitude, for the job market.

bunsupkneelin4blacks said:
It shows that we're making progress rooting out sexism, however, we have a long way to go rooting out racism!

bunsupkneelin4blacks said:

Huh?

So by that logic than wouldn't the much lower woman's umemployment mean reverse sexism? If you are going to assume that everybody is of exact equal value and that the only differences are due to racism, then that would mean we went too far.

Now that's not the case, but your original point couldn't be more off.

DE_BBC said:
what does this have to do with anything?

yeah my sentiments exactly

If white guys are spending more time in employment, then the black men have more time for breeding white wives who are FEELING NEGLECTED by their husbands staying away from home so much.

It also suggests that black men have to be spending more time with their children if they are not in the work force. Must be having breakfast with the kids and then walking them to school?

Person 27 said:
All Whites
8.6%
White Men Over 20
9.0%
White Women Over 20
6.9%
White Teens aged 16-19
23%

All Blacks
15.2%
Black Men Over 20
16.1%
Black Women Over 20
11.7%
Black Teens
48.4%

All Asians
7.3%

Released December 4th by the BLS

I like to see unemployment rates expressed as a percentage of the total males/females and race. Theoretically, men in jail are unemployed.

Rich men who retired at 45 after making their fortune, should also be included as unemployed, because they don't actually work, just live off investment income.

Josetta said:
I like to see unemployment rates expressed as a percentage of the total males/females and race. Theoretically, men in jail are unemployed.

Rich men who retired at 45 after making their fortune, should also be included as unemployed, because they don't actually work, just live off investment income.

I'm pretty sure that they base the unemployment figures on people who are on some form of government assistance and/or have filed for unemployment benefits.

I seriously doubt that they figure in the prison population or retirees into the final equation.

Notice that there wasn't a demographic for hispanics or illegals. I'm sure the unemployment rate for illegals is about 0.5%.

Still waiting on that tit, Joe.

Users who are viewing this thread