wife is discouraged

• Thread starterdesert
  • Start date

desert

Not quite a lurker
Beloved Member
Nov 28, 2008
The wife is a little put off and discouraged. She recently had a hip replacement and is rather upset by the scar. I admit it is not the prettiest but unless I can convince her that no one will mind my cuckolding days are over.

any suggestions? anyone else experience this?

ive heard of this new type of "tattoo" that is just her natural skin color ,it seems to cover scars very well ,i forgot what its called but i seen it on the news a while back, its not something a tattoo parlor does its done at a doctors office and they said in some cases is covered by insurance i would call a skin doctor and see ,they would probally know what its called

Good idea I wil suggest it

Keep in mind that scars wiil lighten with age and blend better with the souroundings.

Having said that, it's completely normal for her to be self conscious about it as it is a recent scar.

I would give he some time to become more accustomed to it and less self conscious about it.

Tell her how beautiful and attractive you still find her.

Thank you guys. I think with time it will be ok...i hope

Hope she feels better soon...

Desert,

desert said:
My wife is a little put off and discouraged. She recently had a hip replacement and is rather upset by the scar. I admit it is not the prettiest but unless I can convince her that no one will mind, my cuckolding days are over. Any suggestions? anyone else experience this?

I guess you must mean your wife's (as opposed to your) cuckolding days may be over. Anyway, you might suggest she concentrate on carrying out the exercises every day prescribed by her physical therapist for recovery. Chronic pain causes depression, but as she gradually recovers her chronic pain will decrease and, one hopes, go away (certainly relative to the pain she was experiencing prior to her hip replacement).

Others I've known who have had hip replacement surgery, including my late father, have said (as I recall) it takes about 6 months to recover.* An important aspect of it in my father's case was, he was very persistent about doing the physical therapy exercises every day. In your wife's case, as she gradually gets over her chronic pain she should feel less depressed and, I'll guess, her sexuality will likely return.

As others have suggested, your wife... assisted by you... should find a cosmetic surgeon to advise her on the feasibility of masking her scar and when that should be done. The MD who did her hip surgery should be able to suggest a good one. But, her priorities (IMO) should be: recovery via physical therapy first; cosmetic surgery to mask the scar second.

*Maybe surgical methods for hip replacements have improved so the recovery time is now less. I would hope so...

Good luck to your sexy wife!

—Custer

My cousins soon to be ex wife works for a cosmetic surgeon. She works on breasts after surgery to cover scars with tatoo work. When done, the scar is barely visible or gone.

There are also topical creams that can help reduce the appearance of scars, stretch marks, etc. If you'd like the name of some (that I have personally used) shoot me a message. :)

Like others have said, just keep reassuring her that you find her attractive, and that men don't really pay attention to such things as scars. I also agree with Custer, she should focus on recovery first. :)