• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

capital punishment

• Thread startermuleman
  • Start date
you only damage yourself by demanding the DP

You damage yourself more by demanding the Dp than the person who gets judicially murdered. You are acquiring negative karma.

Plenty of mistakes have been made with DNA samples and many, many innocent people have been judicially murdered.

Let me ask you this. Suppose your daughter was wrongfully convicted of a capital crime and sentenced to death, would you still approve of the DP?

I can't answer your question about a daughter but I can tell you this bad karma or not there are a few people on death row that is no asset to this world or anyone else and have taken other lifes of children women men elderly and young that should not be wasting what air we haveleft on this earth. Push the needle I could.

cp is always going to be a determent to crime just look at the states that do not have i and the ones that do when Calif abolished it the crime rate went up just as gun laws don't work so dose none cp in the east a woman ran for mayor of a city on the platform that everyone in the town had to own a gun and after she was elected the crime rate droped Tex and Fl both are agressive about the death pently and per capata their crime rate is below the rest of the states

sorry about the spelling LOL

China sells the body parts of the crims that they execute.
Give the eyes, liver, kidneys, etc to people who are decent citizens.

Is this ethical ?
Not sure whether it is good or bad?

Go for it!!

As Ron White say's of my state...others or getting rid of the Death penalty, Texas is putting in an "express" lane!!

I love that everyone in prison is "innocent" that means NO ONE has ever been KILLED!!!

I guess 99% of Deaths or women that stab them selves 40 times, shot themselves 16 times..!! Everyone, is "innocent"??

I say KILL them ALL!!

Crime would go down..

I think if you or against the Death penalty, and you believe a convict is innocent, you should house him in your place. Are you can sign a wavier for that "convict" to not be arrested if he KILLS you.. He did not KNOW!!!

Hell if you are against the death penalty, sign a National "list" for NO reprocutions if any one on the "love the bad guy list" is murdered!! The families will celebrate that the bad guy did nothing wrong!! It would save alot of money in court cost!!

I am ALL for it!! Now who will start the "All Innocent" movement?? We ALL know there is no crime ever committed!! Hell just come and walk through Camden tonight....if everyone is "innocent"!!:rolleyes:

fun50scpl said:
cp is always going to be a determent to crime just look at the states that do not have i and the ones that do when Calif abolished it the crime rate went up just as gun laws don't work so dose none cp in the east a woman ran for mayor of a city on the platform that everyone in the town had to own a gun and after she was elected the crime rate droped Tex and Fl both are agressive about the death pently and per capata their crime rate is below the rest of the states

Interesting post.

California still has capital punishment, it has not been abolished there.

Both Texas and Florida have HIGHER per capita crime rates than nationwide in every category.

The latest accurate crime rate statistics are for 2006.

Nationwide - 473.5 violent crimes per 100,000 people
5.7 murders per 100,000
30.9 rapes per 100,000
287.5 assaults per 100,000

Texas - 516.3 violent crimes
5.9 murders
35.6 rapes
917.3 assaults

Florida - - 712.0 violent crimes
6.2 murders
35.8 rapes
944.3 assaults

Hate to spoil your argument with facts.

Josetta said:
Over in the UK, once a criminal had been put to death, the hangman had to be charged with murder in a secret formal hearing, and be found not guilty by the High Court Judge.

Each prisoner feels pain differently, so punishment can be very severe for some and "not too bad" for another.

I would not like to be a prison guard and look after prisoners on death row, talking to them and then seeing their execution dates drawing closer, maybe a last minute reprieve. I think guards are very brave to handle that kind of stress, to watch guys die.

That is interesting. I am a lover of history and have never read that, can you give me a source, not that I doubt what you say but would like to read it. The fact such an "absolution" would take place makes perfect sense. Thanks

Hang all of them, save tax dollar

Can't give a reference at the moment as I heard it on a documentary a few years back.

The Hangman commits murder by carrying out the act of execution.
The convicted criminal did not want to be executed.
So the Hangman has to be cleared of the execution (killing) which was intentional and pre-meditated by the State as punishment for the crime.
The Hangman is acting on orders to kill a human being.

Where does the ENERGY come from for violence against another person.
Our muscles do not move until instructed to do so by our thoughts/beliefs.

If we are thinking nice things, our muscles can only do nice things.
If we are thinking bad things, our muscles can only do bad things.

Barrick Obama may be good for America simple because he is likely to cause economic welbeing to improve for disadvantaged groups in society.

When people see a light in the tunnel (an opportunity), they start to feel happier and less angry with life. Happier thoughts reduce chance of angry reprisals against all that has been going wrong in their lives.

Better choices spring from feeling happier.

I don't think children are born bad, but early experiences of bad things going on around them can cause them to grow up feeling the world is dealing them no diamonds.

School used to be a place where teachers enjoying hurting children because God said you should not 'spare the rod and spoil the child'. I think children learned that you whack anyone who does not agree with you.

Teachers were, therefore, bad role models who wacked children even if there was not a good reason for it......quite a few teachers deserved ten of the best themselves as some were sadistic in their approach.

Hi

As a teacher I can tell you that the lack of ability to lay the law down on students has had very negative consequences especially in a day when parents fail to lay down the law/lay the smack down. Society lacks any semblance of discipline and that is NOT a good thing

As an aside, Obama's policies of more regulation and more taxes on those that actually create jobs for AMERICANS is NOT the key to economic prosperity- not at all We need jobs and production here in the US and more taxes and regulation are not going to accomplish that goal.

I don't think children are born bad, but early experiences of bad things going on around them can cause them to grow up feeling the world is dealing them no diamonds.

School used to be a place where teachers enjoying hurting children because God said you should not 'spare the rod and spoil the child'. I think children learned that you whack anyone who does not agree with you.

Teachers were, therefore, bad role models who wacked children even if there was not a good reason for it......quite a few teachers deserved ten of the best themselves as some were sadistic in their approach.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but as for posting before reading all replies I plead guilty. CP or even life sentences all wrong in my book. That said it's fair to say I'm european and US has always been more severe on that (as far as I know). I have heard several posts about God... Thou shalt not kill.... FOR WHATEVER! (even war, much less revenge, against, lets say some thousand killed and 2 stupid towers razed). I think you CAN kill if the person is putting you in direct danger but it's still wrong religion wise and religion (catholic or islamic and most others) should never be used as a justification as it is against it's basic rules. I'm against life sentences as they are basically a death sentence, only hell begins on earth( I think they are more harsh than CP but fortenlly can be reversed..... but if that happens 10 or more years after the sentence..... you've sentenced someone to live like crap or become a criminal). If you belive someone can be rehabilitated you can be harsh (20+ years should do it.... most people cannot recover from such hard sentence anyway) and spare all that and the state money from executing you. I think CP is only more economically viable than life sentence if you use such barbaric things as electo chair. If your going to do that..... well... guillotine will be less hard on them and that's saying a lot! Use as less pain as possible viwed by as few as possible. (and US.... control your guns.... really! seeing people firing 2 .50 cal machine guns at the same place is quite hillarious but stop it!)

Here's the answer. We should make some sort of deal with Iran to let them do our murder trials for us, and in return we'll get off their case for trying to build nukes. That way everybody's happy: They get their nukes and their fill of chopping off American heads; we get to join hands around a tree somewhere and sing Cum Baya, feeling good about ourselves in the knowledge that American courts longer kill people in the name of justice.

What!? You think that's a stupid idea? Damn! And I was going to run for Congress and call it The Capital Punishment Cap and Trade Act!!

We can't begin quoting the Bible "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" unless you are Jewish. Jesus says "I say you not an eye for an eye, if someone slaps you, turn the other cheek, and let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Everyone focuses on the end result. Since murders haven't slowed down, why not go back and evaluate WHY people murder, and work with the causes. Money, greed, tryign to look good? No one suggested fixing poverty, helping our kids get good education for better jobs, better sense of entitlements (I still can't understand people fighting over a block they don't own). Look at the supposed temporary housing projects that have become permanent that end up with people living like caged animals. Look at the dealers fighting over turf. Our kids value depreciating goods more than life, killing over clothes, colors, cars, rims, etc. Most serial murderers arre abused as children, so just kill them? The question is WHY are people choosing to reduce the value of others and themselves, and HOW can we fix it.

bdd, the fact that stats show capital punishment is not a deterrent and more expensive than imprisonment don't affect those that want it. Nor will Jesus.

People don't deal with this subject rationally, they just want revenge, pure and simple. You can't argue with the irrational.

RoSquirts said:
bdd, the fact that stats show capital punishment is not a deterrent and more expensive than imprisonment don't affect those that want it. Nor will Jesus.

People don't deal with this subject rationally, they just want revenge, pure and simple. You can't argue with the irrational.

BUT YOU CAN KILL THEM!!!

bdd985 said:
We can't begin quoting the Bible "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" unless you are Jewish. Jesus says "I say you not an eye for an eye, if someone slaps you, turn the other cheek, and let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Everyone focuses on the end result. Since murders haven't slowed down, why not go back and evaluate WHY people murder, and work with the causes. Money, greed, tryign to look good? No one suggested fixing poverty, helping our kids get good education for better jobs, better sense of entitlements (I still can't understand people fighting over a block they don't own). Look at the supposed temporary housing projects that have become permanent that end up with people living like caged animals. Look at the dealers fighting over turf. Our kids value depreciating goods more than life, killing over clothes, colors, cars, rims, etc. Most serial murderers arre abused as children, so just kill them? The question is WHY are people choosing to reduce the value of others and themselves, and HOW can we fix it.

And unfortunately, the answer is... "we can't." Scientists are all too happy to remind us that we're "animals." Then they tell us we should stop being animals, and act like "humans." The fact is that despite millions of years of evolution (if you believe in evolution), there are just some among us that still harbor the animal "kill" instinct. You can't turn it off in these people anymore than you can turn off the instinct in a salmon to return to its home waters every year to breed. Maybe another million years will finally turn these apes into civilized human beings, but judging by the rate violence has increased in recent years, I'm more inclined to think we're reverting back to the Neanderthals we came from.

Say what you want about religion, but when we actually taught our kids "Thou shall not kill" and believed it, there was less violent crime. Sure there was always some, but much less. Now that we dare not teach such things, there is much less civility and civilization is truly "going to Hell in a hand basket." As for the problems you mentioned: poverty, education, etc... I hate to say it, but these people don't want to be helped. Evidence? Build them a nice, new high-rise apartment and see how quickly they turn it into a ghetto!
Give them financial aid, and instead of using it to better themselves they spend it on drugs and alcohol. All we've done by trying is to create a generation of yapping dogs that now think government owes them a living.

The world needs a savior.

Users who are viewing this thread