• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

lost new thread

• Thread starterdenwest
  • Start date

denwest

Not quite a lurker
Beloved Member
Aug 8, 2004
l just about 99.999% finished creating what I believe was going to be an excellent thread that would be enjoyed my many when I lost my internet browser as it accidently shut down. I had put a lot of time and effort in to developing it, and I cannot figure out any way to recover it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Denwest

Last edited by a moderator:
denwest said:
l just about 99.999% finished creating what I believe was going to be an excellent thread that would be enjoyed my many when I lost my internet browser as it accidently shut down. I had put a lot of time and effort in to developing it, and I cannot figure out any way to recover it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Denwest

If it wasn't posted there's nothing we can do here. Sorry about that.
I would suggest for posts that take considerable time and effort that you should write them in a text editor first.

Thanks Buzzy. Do you mean compose and edit in a program like word and then copy and paste it in the message box, or is a text editor another tool? Thanks again. On the lost thread, would it make any difference if I had clicked on go advanced many times and then just used back space to spell, proof, and edit a number of times as well. I know it is still probably gone, and I thought I should just clarify this to be certain. If this is the case, I will do my best to recreate it when I can make some time.

denwest said:
Thanks Buzzy. Do you mean compose and edit in a program like word and then copy and paste it in the message box, or is a text editor another tool? Thanks again. On the lost thread, would it make any difference if I had clicked on go advanced many times and then just used back space to spell, proof, and edit a number of times as well. I know it is still probably gone, and I thought I should just clarify this to be certain. If this is the case, I will do my best to recreate it when I can make some time.

Yes you can use program like word or notepad then copy and paste in the message box.

Not sure what you mean by clicking on advanced many times, but do not think that would help you.

You can also highlight your text in the message box then right click and copy. You could do that as you work to minimize the chance of losing what you've written.

Users who are viewing this thread