• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Paris Hilton for President

• Thread startermissouri_hubby
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

missouri_hubby

Not quite a lurker
Beloved Member
Sep 29, 2007
Anybody see the latest "Paris Hilton for President" spoof where she "asks advice from the greatest fake president of all times (Martin Sheen)?" She then proceeds to insert some of her own ideas about how things should be handled.

Yes, I know its a joke, but it's pretty damn sad when a stupid bimbo like Paris Hilton comes up with ideas at least as good as any the two real candidates have come up with! Which just goes to show what I've thought all along is true: It doesn't matter which of these two losers win the election. We The People are screwed either way.

Maybe we should just write in her name come election day. She's stupid but she's cute... At least we can all go to Hell with a hard on.

At least you have a sense of humor, maybe Sarah Palin and Paris Hilton could go head-to-head for President of the Girl Guides.

I think McCain secretly likes Obama because at one of his rallies a woman was really being over the top with her abusive criticism of Obama, and McCain tried to bring her back to reality by saying, "no, Obama is a really decent family man", and McCain's voice was really sincere.

Sexy Sara is young enough to remain President for 8 years if McCain's age catches up with him. Hilary's following could all vote for McCain to get in, but I hope not as Obama is held in extremely high regard by the rest of the world's leaders.

Some like Obama, some like McCain.
Some like Sarah, some don't.
Not much talk about Joe Biden - don't he matter?
Maybe Paris Hilton really could do as good a job as the others?

The job of President does not have to be difficult.
Surely a President should carry out the wishes of the people? Shouldn't he ask them what they want, instead of telling them what he is going to make them have?

I don't think a President should be able to do whatever he/she likes - that is arrogance?

Shouldn't a President ask the people how they feel about a lot of things, including the Death Sentence and penalties for various crimes?

If you want a good President, then why not advertise the postion and offer a salary and go through job interviews. Truly, the political system does not select suitable candidates, and only suits rich people able to handle all the taunts and verbal abuse.

Nelson Mandela would probably make a good American President.
Mother Teresa would have been great also as a woman President.

The President doesn't even write his own speeches. His clothes are bought for him, someone puts on his makeup for the cameras, dozens of people brief him on a variety of matters. To some extent, he is just rubber stamping what him and others have agreed together, and he makes a wee speech about that decision to the public. He even gets training in speech making and what body language to use.

Nelson Mandela and Mother Teresa spoke from the heart, and people listened to them.

Richard Nixon refused to wear makeup for an important television appearance and he looked so bad that he lost a huge number of votes.

A President who cares about all Americans would find the job very easy. It only becomes difficult when he does not bother to talk to all sections of the community.

Why vote for a President who won't listen, who won't bother to ask, who forgets his promises once he takes up office. Most are in for only one term, so they only have to smile long enough to get your vote and then they can carry out their secret agenda.

Actually, since FDR only 4 presidents have not served more than 1 term. And 2 of those are really anomalies(IMHO) due to assasination and Vietnam, JFK and LBJ.
So, since FDR, 60 years have been served by presidents holding office for multiple years vs. 16 years of presidents serving single terms.

Josetta said:
Sexy Sara is young enough to remain President for 8 years if McCain's age catches up with him. Hilary's following could all vote for McCain to get in, but I hope not as Obama is held in extremely high regard by the rest of the world's leaders.

Despite my remarks, that many have taken as a statement that I'm a die-hard Republican, I have mixed feelings about this election. I tend to agree with the guy that said:

"I'm pulling the lever for McCain because he's not Obama. I'd rather vote for Jay Leno than McCain but Jay's not running. I'd rather vote for a pile of cow shit than vote for McCain, but the cow shit isn't running either."

One thing I do NOT have mixed feelings on: When "world leaders" like the Castro brothers and Hugo Chavez endorse Obama, it sends up a red flag. Why are they interested? What do they have to gain? What's good for our enemies is probably bad news for us.

When you let the Castro brothers or Hugo Chavez influence your voting, are you sure that they don't want the opposite? Do you really think they give their 'endorsements' thinking Americans who hate them will embrace it?

Arguments can be made either way.....

Josetta said:
Some like Obama, some like McCain.
Some like Sarah, some don't.
Not much talk about Joe Biden - don't he matter?
Maybe Paris Hilton really could do as good a job as the others?

The job of President does not have to be difficult.
Surely a President should carry out the wishes of the people? Shouldn't he ask them what they want, instead of telling them what he is going to make them have?

I don't think a President should be able to do whatever he/she likes - that is arrogance?

Shouldn't a President ask the people how they feel about a lot of things, including the Death Sentence and penalties for various crimes?

If you want a good President, then why not advertise the postion and offer a salary and go through job interviews. Truly, the political system does not select suitable candidates, and only suits rich people able to handle all the taunts and verbal abuse.

Nelson Mandela would probably make a good American President.
Mother Teresa would have been great also as a woman President.

The President doesn't even write his own speeches. His clothes are bought for him, someone puts on his makeup for the cameras, dozens of people brief him on a variety of matters. To some extent, he is just rubber stamping what him and others have agreed together, and he makes a wee speech about that decision to the public. He even gets training in speech making and what body language to use.

Nelson Mandela and Mother Teresa spoke from the heart, and people listened to them.

Richard Nixon refused to wear makeup for an important television appearance and he looked so bad that he lost a huge number of votes.

A President who cares about all Americans would find the job very easy. It only becomes difficult when he does not bother to talk to all sections of the community.

Why vote for a President who won't listen, who won't bother to ask, who forgets his promises once he takes up office. Most are in for only one term, so they only have to smile long enough to get your vote and then they can carry out their secret agenda.

I agree.:clap:

America has had a cold war with most countries of the world at some time or another - and world leaders see Obama as being able to show empathy and understanding to many of the hot spots of the world. The cold war has to be dismantled if the world is to move closer to Peace. When we show the hand of friendship, change can come much quicker than we might think.

It is less about letting terrorists off their past mistakes. than saying enough is enough, and "from this moment on, let's have a pause to all hostilities so that Peace can have a chance to move us all forward to better times".

Obama has a vision, and he might just be able to pull it off spectacularly, if he gets his chance. Someone has to plant the seeds of Peace, someone has to stop planting the seeds of war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread