Safety Concerns

• Thread starterAbsinthe
  • Start date

Absinthe

New around here...
Beloved Member
Jul 28, 2016
hi everyone!

so we are new to this and entertaining the idea of sharing. I have had reservations in the past on safety, both physical safety and with STDs. Has anyone else has this concern and if so, how was it addressed?

Being this is my biggest concern before diving in I need to find a way to ensure a clean and safe experience

Reactions: FurriesRock and JimboJam
Use condoms re the STDs. The fantasists on here will bang on about you shouldn't but that's all they are, fantasists. As for the physical risk use common sense just like you would in any new situation.

Reactions: FurriesRock, JimboJam and Absinthe
Condoms are a must for everything. With viral STDs like herpes you can infect w/o even showing symptoms. Some people are latent and can have STD's without ever showing a sign. So they can say they've never been *******, and it could be true, but they might not know they have an STD. It's a big risk because there are some people with STD's who just want to have sex without regarding others' safety. For me, it's about knowing who you're playing with and taking the time to build trust. I've only played with one couple but I talked to the husband for over the course of a year. We played in their home. I'm friends with them on facebook. I came in his wife's mouth, she swallowed, he came in her, she swallowed, I made out with her afterwards. I wouldn't have done that on a one time encounter. I actually stopped playing with them b/c they expanded their playing field by taking out Craigslist ads for other partners. They said they were being safe with others, but I didn't want to chance it. When you know for sure all parties are STD safe, you can be a lot more uninhibited without fear of catching something.

Reactions: FurriesRock, SandyWho, Absinthe and 1 other person
Tyyyy both

I always feel like condoms are a must... and if you decide they are not needed, I would hope you all come to the table with a clean STD report card from a doctor. As far as physical safety, it is the same as if you were trying to start any relationship... there are always risks. You just have to be smart and not take unnecessary risks. :)

Reactions: JimboJam
I never use condoms, I know for a fact my hand is STD free so its always bare for me

• Haha
Reactions: FurriesRock, funexhusband, JimboJam and 1 other person
swmJOtoIR said:
I never use condoms, I know for a fact my hand is STD free so its always bare for me
I laughed a little too hard at this! :p

• Haha
Reactions: DamonBlack9, FurriesRock and JimboJam
Absinthe said:
hi everyone!

so we are new to this and entertaining the idea of sharing. I have had reservations in the past on safety, both physical safety and with STDs. Has anyone else has this concern and if so, how was it addressed?

Being this is my biggest concern before diving in I need to find a way to ensure a clean and safe experience
Your concerns are out of date. I suggest updating them to include the coronavirus and its various permutations. Don't establish a sexual relationship with anyone unless they can show you, convincingly, that they've been fully vaccinated, with boosters, against the coronavirus.

Reactions: ZudlyZooright
I think most genuine people would be happy to chat with you by phone etc and even do a social meet up in public to get comfortable with each other, before diving straight in.

Always use condoms.

Use condoms. Meet in a public place first. Meet in an upscale hotel with security for the action.

Reactions: DamonBlack9 and FurriesRock
Absinthe said:
hi everyone!

Well, If you're concerned about STD's I would recommend condoms and avoiding meth heads. There's risk in everything we do, just don't let fear paralyze you and mitigate the known risks the best you can.

We used condoms years ago when we were both swinging, but my wife doesn't really use condoms with her lovers on the side. She loves bareback too much.

Reactions: Cuckedboipussy
dig420 said:
Use condoms. Meet in a public place first. Meet in an upscale hotel with security for the action.
We also use the Life360 app on our cellphones. When she goes out on a date, I can follow their location in real time so I know exactly where they're at. I would consider that a preventative measure though. Creepy people can't do creepy shit if they know they're being tracked.