• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

How do I respond?

tanya_wife

New around here...
Beloved Member
The name’s Tanya, 38 years old, married, have a fantasy about going with a younger black man.

About two weeks ago I started noticing a younger black man on my way into work. He is handsome, tall and well built, pretty much everything I’ve fantasised about.

What really took me by surprise, though, was that he’s started saying “hello” as he passes me in the morning. No flirtation or provocation on my part, if anything I felt so shy I was doing my utmost to avoid eye contact, he just came out with it and said “hello” one morning. Of course, I smiled and said hello back.

This has gone on for a few days now. He passes me, looks me over, smiles, says hello, I smile nervously and say hello back…..the next day he passes me, looks me over, says hello, I smile nervously and say hello back…….we’re stuck in a loop!

I’m normally not shy, but with this young man being everything I’ve fantasised over, I just feel so tongue tied. Before I can think of anything to say, he's passed me by.

So how do I take this a stage further? One of my fears is that we won’t have anything in common to talk about. What interests younger men, younger black men, these days?

What is my next move?

what to say

Say hi as you always do then say well if we are going to keep meeting this way whats your name.
simple introduction will go a loooong way.
xxx

Here's a surprise, Tonya. He is INTERESTED in you. Men are more perceptive than you think. Tell him your name, ask if he would want some coffee, perhaps meet later for drinks. TALK to him! He wont bite (unless you want him to). Also it depends on what you want. Be upfront about your marital status. If you just want a casual thing, I bet he'd be cool with as long as you dont treat him like a sex toy.

Here's a surprise, Tonya. He is INTERESTED in you. Men are more perceptive than you think. Tell him your name, ask if he would want some coffee, perhaps meet later for drinks. TALK to him! He wont bite (unless you want him to). Also it depends on what you want. Be upfront about your marital status. If you just want a casual thing, I bet he'd be cool with as long as you dont treat him like a sex toy.

Thanks for the advice, but you make it sound so easy.........

Mocha, I just don't see myself being confident enough to say all those things. Perhaps I need to take it in stages? I need to find the confidence to say something more than "hello" first!

hand him a note with a phone number or email on it as you pass by when he says hello...its simple quick and easy ...

Small steps Tanya :) Say hello and say how are you - start slowly. Then say Hello I'm Tanya whats your name, etc. He is interested in you other wise he would not say hello every time you meet. Good luck and keep us updated

Last edited by a moderator:
a subtle invite

Thanks for the advice, but you make it sound so easy.........

Tanya, I assume these happenings are taking place because the both of you are in the same place at approx the same time, like on a street or in the lobby of an large building. If there might be a coffee shop or a small gathering place
close and you arrive with a little time to spare, you could enter and order a cup of coffee or tea and see if he drops in also. Subtle and you are not being
bolder than you want to be. dawn oh P S. a movie called Jungle Fever, by Spike Lee I think would answer your inquiry on the Obsessed thread. have fun

Hi Tanya just let things develop Let him know you have an interest in him also as its plain he has an interest in you Eye contact is always best way When you catch his eye hold the contact He if he has any sense take the hint
Good luck

Hi Tanya just let things develop Let him know you have an interest in him also as its plain he has an interest in you Eye contact is always best way When you catch his eye hold the contact He if he has any sense take the hint
Good luck

"Accidentally" drop some papers from a folder or notebook as you pass. Or perhaps be carrying a awkward burden you need help with.:flash::flash:

Change up go in late or early one day and see if he notices and says something the next day. That will strike up a convo and take it from there.

Just say hello and smile alot. I tell you, a lady smiling at a guy makes a big impression.
Play coy.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do not need to panic. Just say to him" Hi, Iam Tanya" He will lead the conversation as he is after you. Believe me! Just be cool and answer his questions and do not lie about anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back