My Burmese wife

No such thing as "Burmese" except to the Brits. Bamar are the dominant ethnic group among many different ethnicities in the melting pot.

Incredible country. Once the vicious regime falls, and could well be this year as the tide has turned in the war, we'll go back. Lovely people, unique too. No other place uses thanaka to improve facial beauty. Maybe they should try it.

Filipinahotwife said:
No such thing as "Burmese" except to the Brits. Bamar are the dominant ethnic group among many different ethnicities in the melting pot.

Incredible country. Once the vicious regime falls, and could well be this year as the tide has turned in the war, we'll go back. Lovely people, unique too. No other place uses thanaka to improve facial beauty. Maybe they should try it.
Not true. I spent a long time in Myanmar and many people there refer to themselves as ‘Burmese’, (basically many Bamar people but other ethnicities as well).

Amazing country, I hope they one day achieve peace and stability.

That is as a nationality as opposed to an ethnicity. Nobody says Myanmarian or whatever. Myanmar means many peoples in Bamar.