• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

natural insemination

l.a.levine

New around here...
Beloved Member
So, here's the basic rundown on my situation and why I'm posting it here. My wife and I can't have a biological kid right now due to financial concerns, (I've got sperm banked, but it'll be years before we can afford IVF), and we're considering our options. I hadn't been opposed to using a sperm donor for our first kid, or even somebody else's kids, (we're close friends with a gay couple who'll be using her as a surrogate in a couple years), but she recently told me she wants donation via natural insemination, meaning sex with a donor. She's meeting with a prospect as I write this. I feel really flighty when I think about that. Like I'm standing at the at the edge of a huge drop, staring down.

Why can't I knock her up, you might be asking. Well, due to the fact that I'm a transgendered gal who's been on hormones for the last three years, I'm shooting blanks. That's the price you pay for being happy and sexy, which I am. Wife and I have been dating me for five years, popped a ring on me a year ago, we got married when it went legal in our state. That's the abbreviated history of our relationship, and the quick and dirty of my unique situation.

Back to what's going on now, I feel really conflicted about this, because I know it won't be just a one time thing for her, because she really wants the whole donor thing to be really open, which means she'll be staying in contact with the donor, and I know she's never wanted NSA sex, so there's likely going to be a relationship between the two of them. Also, up until now I've always been the end-all-be-all best lay of her life, everyone before was either too inept or too boring. I really don't like the thought of having somebody else challenge that role.

At the same time, I understand this whole process has been hard for her. She's bisexual, but she fell in love with me as a guy, and now that I'm not one she might be missing some of those things. Getting on hormones hasn't made me any worse at changing tires and making love, but there's an energy of desire very unique to males that leaves once you replace testosterone with estrogen. I've dated guys before, and I know what it's like to be the subject of that desire, and I know what it's like to miss it. I also can't really fault her for wanting to experience a natural motherhood, from conception to birth. I've got the worst case of baby crazy you've ever seen, and I know if I had the right setup downstairs I'd definitely be a mom myself right now. I don't feel like she would leave me if I flat out said no, but I don't want to be the reason she has regrets when she's older. I'm going to get a drink and then continue typing.

Glenmorangie makes a good scotch. Anyways. So I'm dumping this huge chunk of words on here, because I need somewhere to vent. I'm the type of girl who doesn't think about the important stuff unless she talks about it, and since I've got no one to talk to about this, I'm going somewhere anonymous and non-judgemental. Kinky forums are both, and given what's going on right now I thought it was a little pertinent to this one. I don't expect advice. I really just need to get this stuff out.

Speaking of which, she's on a date now. With a sperm donor. Someone she met through a friend at work. As far as anyone knows, and if any of our friends ask, I'm there too, because we're not leaking the details of how the insemination is happening. Wonder if they'll pick up on it if a relationship develops between the two of them. He's a med student who's studying pediatrics, and attractive from what I know. However he pans out nothing's going to happen tonight, but the fact that she's going on dates now twists me up inside.

continued vent

Wife came home early and gave me the details. The date didn't pan out. I guess he seemed like a good guy, but he's planning on moving back east after he graduates. Neither of us wants the guy to be out of the picture, so the search continues. She asked me how I was doing, and we talked, but it came around to the same points, her desire to experience this, our needs for a fam, and all the research we've done. She told me everything that happened on the date, and her feelings on what happened. We agreed early on that this whole thing would be transparent, which I'm not regretting so far. Definitely a weird feeling to hear her describing a potential mate.

Well, of course you know if she's not ovulating while she's fucking this guy, she AIN'T making babies, that's for sure. Of course the "practice" is most the fun anyways. If she's going to be making babies, however, with other men AND wants you recognized as a paternal parent, your being there during both conception & birth would be most appropriate, I think. And, the men need to be screened AND not allowed to ejaculate the week prior to her ovulation.

I have a bottle of Glenfiddich 25 in my liquor cabinet right now. Wife hates the taste of scotch, but says this scotch is as smooth as the lakes in Greenland in January. Two shots of this over ice, with a tablespoon of distilled water ... and BINGO ... the gates of heaven open and the harps play. :D

Yeah, when the actual deed happens I'm going to be there, though I don't know in what capacity or state of mind. We also know all about the mechanics, (try each day the three days leading up to ovulation, she needs to orgasm within a minute of him, tilt that pelvis up, no smoking, etc.) I should really be there on the dates, I'm certainly invited. I realize this is a little immature, because these guys are probably very professional, but I just have no idea what to say around someone who's potentially going to impregnate my wife. As for health, testing, and practice, right now we're in the seeking out phase, so there's not going to be any of that until we find the right person, (smart, local, has his shit together). The health screening and all that ensues is the last part of this bargain.

Also, the next bottle of scotch I get is going to be old enough to take on a date. Likely Highland Park.

I do this for couples at least 2 or 3 times a year.

Any experience with lesbian couples? I'd ask our friends, but they're all single/unmarried and miles away from starting a fam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back