Negative views of female sexuality: origins, I

• Thread starterCuster Laststand
  • Start date
Carina_Halerose,

carina_halerose said:
The bible has been rewritten many times with each person changing it slightly, as King James did.

Yes.

carina_halerose said:
Now the religious right is writing their version, taking out any word or phrase that might be seen as a liberal statement.

That's interesting, although hardly surprising. There are so many different versions of the Bible that when someone refers to it, it's necessary to ask "which one?"

Beyond being comical, the current revision effort by the religious right (if it is, indeed, happening) seems somewhat risky. If one introduces changes to "the word of God," then trumpets the revision as the "new, improved word of God".... well, obviously it isn't "the word of God" anymore. It's the word of those who revised it, and as such, nothing more than another propaganda statement from the religious right.

But, the religious right has never been concerned with hangups like the truth (meaning, their truth) needing to be self consistent to seem credible. No doubt they will assert that "consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds."

—Custer

Custer...Thanks for the reading recommendations- I have read Baker's book (very well written- you are correct...), but haven't yet read Ehrman (oh goody...an excuse to visit Borders !)...You might be interested in Bachofen or LH Morgan for some thoughts on Matriarchy- though it's been since college since I read their works- and let's not talk about how many years ago that was! I remember the reading as being interesting but a touch dry- you may be familiar with their school of thought-I'll try to see if I still have the reading list from that class- there was something about ancient societies and the ruling class following the mother's blood line that I think you would have an interest in- I'll look!...again, great topic...

I realize I have become the religious zealot of this website, which is unfortunate because I did not come here for that purpose. I am a cuckold and a sissy and that is why I am here. But I do have a relationship with my Lord and Savior and felt compelled to respond when I felt Custer blamed religion for the plight of women in this day and age.

I am curious though, if you have faith in the world but not in religion what is it you are faithful to? Is it the planet itself, the people, the politics? I really would like to know.

You state that the Bible is an act of historical fiction written about real places, but you neglected to add that it was written over a period of time shortly after the events that took place, naming real people and describing a real culture and real politics. With so much real, what is the fiction? Is it the miracles, the resurrection, or the belief in a life everafter? That is the faith part (although the miracles and resurrection were witnessed and documented at the time).

Several people have commented on the translation difficulties and the slant that each translation puts into the words. I already commented on this, but will just ask, what is so important about that? Of course language changes, look at the other thread where the apparently non-religious posters are deploring the changes to the meaning of "slut" and "*****". The posters on this forum cannot even agree on the definition of the word "cuckold". There is always some political slant but for the most part the changes are to make it understandable and relatable to the people of the time.

Lastly, once again I must ask why people blame religion for all the violence and wars. Most wars are fought more for power than for a belief system. I will ask again, what religion was Hitler trying to force on the world, what about Stalin, or Pol Pot? But, yes, some wars have been fought over religious grounds. However, my Lord and Savior taught only one thing, Love! Love the Father, love your neighbors, that's all, end of story!

I don't wish to force anything on you, only to respond to over-reaching statements that in my opinion are not true. However, nothing would please me more than if one or more people took a fresh look at the love and forgiveness that Christ offers and came to accept Him as their Savior.

Now, can we please stop the bashing and get back to the topic at hand.

Susan" Slave i have read a couple of your post and you seem to be the one that brings religion in to it. you do have the right to your opinion as i do and i stand by mine. how can you say you are so religous when you are a cuck and let other men sleep with your wife is that not a sin. oh i forgot your god will forgive all your sins if you only take him into your heart. nice escape clause. if your god does truly exist i am not sure it works that way...shall we agree to disagree.

carina_halerose said:
Susan" Slave i have read a couple of your post and you seem to be the one that brings religion in to it. you do have the right to your opinion as i do and i stand by mine. how can you say you are so religous when you are a cuck and let other men sleep with your wife is that not a sin. oh i forgot your god will forgive all your sins if you only take him into your heart. nice escape clause. if your god does truly exist i am not sure it works that way...shall we agree to disagree.

I agree with every word,why does this religious nut have to bring her preachings here,get the point,we don't agree with your preachings or even the many and varied convenient interpretations of your bible.
once again,for the last time,hopefully,Christians have perpetrated some of the most violent,murderous regimes throughout the world,yes CHRISTIANS,in Africa where they murdered,looted and enslaved people,throughout South America,it was Christians,not Hitler,Stalin,etc,not to mention the Crusades,designed to teach Muslims a lesson
It is written in YOUR bible that adultary is a sin,so why are you here?to preach to us? LAUGHABLE if it wasn't so hypocritical.
Stop already,we don't care!!

The Eternal LEFT TURN

Damn! This sure got off topic - which is a point I want to contribute.
Religion and culture and human relationships frame the definitions
we attach to others - such as *****. And like all things in
society they wax endlessly. However, I think this circumstance
and inclination to label women as whores stems from the basic
need for the male to have a rag doll he can use in order to
satisfy his natural need to have a fuck toy.
If a man is assured that his "cunt" will fuck anything at any time
then she (the cunt) will always be accessible to him also. On
top of that, the cunt will not only do anything he wants (as well
as everything he needs..cook, clean, bear kids...) the cunt will
then, because she is a *****, do it and deeeply and actually love
being a *****.
I don't think it goes further than being that simple. It's like
everything else in life: we all have needs to be satisfied.
Ex. we all need an assurance that we are OK and doing it all right.
So we invent god(s).
Ex. We all need to know that the other guy is wrong and
not up to our standards. So we invent devil(s).
Ex. we all need someone 'there for us' when vitality and things in
general fail us, so we decided on a thing called family.
Ex. we all need to eat while not inviting germs to the table or
arousing our guest Attila the Hun so we came up with tableware
and we hide away all those baby calves in boxes in the hot sun
and feed them only their mother's milk until they die miserable
deaths so we can all enjoy a delicious meal of veal cutlets.
We are men so we must have whores. They are whores who
in turn need men. Simple as that. The rest is waxing and waning
and inventing stuff to over power the debate.

Hmmm...Leftbehind...not entirely sure about your point. I can see some of what you're saying- as in creating solutions for questions that we, as a species need to have answered. However...to say that you are a man so you must have a ***** and women are whores so they must have men...I just cannot agree with you on that thought...

Leftbehind, I think you have it all backwards. Using people and things rarely satisfies more than an immediate itch. True joy comes from pleasing others. The women probably would tell you that playing the ***** is enjoyable when it pleases their partner moreso than when it pleases them. The joy in family certainly does not come from having children serve you, it comes from seeing them thrive and grow. God does not exist to please you, but he is full of joy when you follow his Word and reap the blessings. The devil receives joy when you submit yourself to him, not when he is pleasing your needs. I enjoy an occasional veal cutlet but find more joy in watching a calf frolicking in an open field, or when I am petting a cat.

Psychiatrists will tell you that when you are depressed go out and volunteer at a homeless shelter, hospital, or old folks home and you will come home feeling happier than when you left.

So flip everything you said and you will find the formula works better.

Susan's Slave said:
Leftbehind, I think you have it all backwards. Using people and things rarely satisfies more than an immediate itch. True joy comes from pleasing others. The women probably would tell you that playing the ***** is enjoyable when it pleases their partner moreso than when it pleases them. The joy in family certainly does not come from having children serve you, it comes from seeing them thrive and grow. God does not exist to please you, but he is full of joy when you follow his Word and reap the blessings. The devil receives joy when you submit yourself to him, not when he is pleasing your needs. I enjoy an occasional veal cutlet but find more joy in watching a calf frolicking in an open field, or when I am petting a cat.

Psychiatrists will tell you that when you are depressed go out and volunteer at a homeless shelter, hospital, or old folks home and you will come home feeling happier than when you left.

So flip everything you said and you will find the formula works better.

Again with the god crap!!
I totaly agree with Leftbehind,we invent the solutions to suit the questions.
Which psychiatrists are you quoting,i am a volanteer worker,the things i see make me weep.

Susan's Slave,

Susan's Slave said:
I am curious, though, if you [Custer] have faith in the world but not in religion, what is it you are faithful to? .... I really would like to know.

The answer is not "nothing," but I'll avoid a lengthy reply by saying the answer most relevant to the context of your question is: I'm not faithful to any fixed set of "beliefs" that are not subject to question.

To put it differently: I don't so much believe things as think about things. With regards to religion: I'm not religious. As for how that bears on "truth:" the truth is something that can be verified. Since the underlying concepts religions (of all kinds) insist everyone should accept and "believe" are neither verifiable nor plausible, I do not consider religious beliefs to be "true." As for whether there is a supreme being who somehow manages the universe: I don't know. My suspicion is, probably not* — but if there is, I'm quite sure all of the world's major religions have the concept badly wrong. But, not knowing is OK — I'm comfortable with that. I fully accept that there are many things we humans don't know.

Relevant to all this is that illuminating the unknown and clarifying poorly-understood concepts is what scientific research is all about. The observational, experimental, data collection, analysis and interpretation methods of science, combined with recognition that new results must be reproducible before being accepted, are the best methods we have for determining truth. If scientists were to assume everything they don't understand is attributable to "acts of God" (or gods), and ban each other from ever challenging this assertion, then science would be meaningless. We would all still be ignorant of the underlying principles that govern the world, solar system, and universe around us, and we would still be living in primitive societies.

*See: "Atheist Universe," by David Mills (2006, Ulysses Press, 271 pp. [paperback]) (if you're interested). It's clearly written, easy to read, and highly relevant to the phenomenon of the increasing preoccupation of American society with evangelical Christianity. (The author is a former Christian.)

—Custer

May we be practical, this country was founded on sepration of church and state. It seems many have forgotten this, and there are seven major religions, each with their own set of beliefs, and no one knows how many have lost their lives defending one or the other idoligical belief. The Bible(which version) the Koran etc, all have their followers and each think the others are well infidels. We fall somewhere between. I told a friend, who lost his job and went to ministerial school, he was not being educated but indoctronated. Lets forget all of this and get on with life.

Have you ever noticed a good looking widow did not stay widow long?
Have you ever noticed a bold, promiscusious woman is never without suitors, proposing marriage?
And sissies like cock and will never give up their quest for cock

A Man is a Man is a Man

barbiescuckoldress said:
Hmmm...Leftbehind...not entirely sure about your point. I can see some of what you're saying- as in creating solutions for questions that we, as a species need to have answered. However...to say that you are a man so you must have a ***** and women are whores so they must have men...I just cannot agree with you on that thought...
I apologize when I cannot get my point across. Did the best I could.
My point concerning a man needing a ***** is based on the defination
of a man as one who is bound to his nature and has an agenda. Such
as needing to satisfy sexual urges and seeking to become a father (not
meaning here perverted urges yet those should also come squarely into
play also). I don't know about individual circumstances, but I am
very sure that no man wants to waste time bothering with all the
details and learning all about his woman. "He" wants it now and
that's that. Whores satisfy that urge. It is the barriers that culture
throw up at men that forces them to cow tow to a woman's need
of finding just the right fit. Hate to sound blunt and full of truth but:
what else are women good for but sex and raising kids? At ground
zero you gals are just in the way. You don't like to watch movies
that don't suck, you suck at hunting and fishing, you're all whack-jobs
every 28 days, ....need I go on?
But you also have that cunt, those fine tits and with the proper training
will satisfy our perverted appetites. That's why we're still married to you
and hand you our pay checks etc. Do otherwise, act contrary for even
a short time and the man is gone without a reverse glimpse back.
My wife is a *****, a paid ******, I met her 28 years ago when
she was a street walker. She will do anything for money - even
murder. My sexual urges demand such a women to debase me.
She adores he appetites, although aged and slow, she remains a *****.
If I, at any time, would had wanted her to stop dating, to change her ways,
to be like someone else simply because of a whim she would be like your
wife, or the president's wife. Because she is a *****. She gives me her
body, her soul for money - my money.
A real man demands nothing less ...nothing less. And trufully wants
nothing more.
As far as saying every woman is a ***** and every ***** needs a
Man; I must have screwed up my words. A ***** is a woman who
exchanges sex for money. Not every woman would. And whores are
happy accepting money from women as well as men, of course.

Here is the point.

Having replied (in post 55, above) to the question asked by Susan’s Slave in post 48, I’ll attempt to wrap up this thread by again making the point I attempted to make at the beginning. It is that ancient patriarchal religious values, passed down through the ages to the present by the male hierarchies of organized religions, play important and perhaps primary roles in maintaining and promoting the derogatory views of strongly-sexual women that are widespread throughout contemporary societies. See, for example:

Organized Religion vs. Women

Religious Freedom Room | Matilda Joslyn Gage Foundation

LitNet | The patriarchy, the religious right and the threats to human rights

Women and Religious Oppression

Atheist feminism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For those who are critical of Wikipedia, a fairly thorough evaluation of the accuracy and quality of Wikipedia articles can be found (needless to say) in Wikipedia. See:

Reliability of Wikipedia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See also (for instance):

Experts rate Wikipedia's accuracy higher than non-experts - Ars Technica

Having posted my "wrap-up argument," I encourage those who wish to continue commenting in this thread — which I’ll continue to assert is fundamentally relevant to this forum (which, in essence, advocates sexual freedom for married as well as single women) — to continue doing so.

—Custer

Wow....leftbehind,
In theory, we could discuss this women as whores topic all day long..but after reading your post, the most salient point was that you clearly have your convictions, and I will leave you to them...

And Custer...You've covered a remarkable amount of ground in this thread...and I agree, it is a relevant topic to the forum- adds some balance to the mix...nice job :)

Ditto to everything Barbiescuckoldress said. It has been an interesting exchange of views and it is time to put it to bed.

Susan's Slave said:
Ditto to everything Barbiescuckoldress said. It has been an interesting exchange of views and it is time to put it to bed.

YEP last word to the religious nuts

Then What's The Purpose?

Susan's Slave said:
OH, no, no, no! That's such a dose of Real World! What good are blogs and forums if we can't exhaust a topic beyond exhaustion?

Act as if you were already happy and that will tend to make you happy. - Dale Carnegie

barbiescuckoldress said:
Custer...You've covered a remarkable amount of ground in this thread...and I agree, it is a relevant topic to the forum- adds some balance to the mix...nice job. :)

Thanks for your support, Ms. Barbiescuckoldress. I appreciate it.

Susan's Slave said:

Thanks to you too, Susan's slave. Despite our obviously differing views, I've considered the posts in this thread to be interesting and worthwhile exchanges.

Leftbehind,

I should thank you too for illustrating so clearly the whole concept of derogatory male views of women. Since your sweeping insults are not based on religious grounds, however, I'll have to say my thanks are limited.

I find it difficult to resist commenting on a number of your points, so I hope you'll bear with me.

leftbehind said:
My point concerning a man needing a ***** is based on the definition of a man as one who is bound to his nature and has an agenda.

Many would argue that's way too specific; that a man is simply someone who has male genitalia and other male physical characteristics.

leftbehind said:
Such as, needing to satisfy sexual urges and seeking to become a father....

There are large differences among men regarding their "need" to satisfy sexual urges, just as there are large differences regarding essentially all other human characteristics: athletic ability, intelligence, musical talent, tendency to be outgoing vs. shy, and mathematical talent, to mention but a few. There are similarly large differences among women. Regarding sexual urges: roughly 1% of people, both men and women, are asexual (apparently — that's considered a weak statistic). (You can find some information on this by entering "asexual people" in the Wikipedia search box.)

leftbehind said:
.... I am very sure no man wants to waste time bothering with all the details and learning all about his woman. "He" wants it now and that's that.

This is a perfect example of the widespread tendency to assume all others (men, in this case) think and feel the same way you do — or if they don't, certainly they should.

In fact, there are many men who are interested in the psychological, biological and other details of how and why women differ from men, because (at least in part) they like women and want to have successful and rewarding relationships with them above and beyond sex.

leftbehind said:
Whores satisfy that urge. It is the barriers that cultures throw up at men that force them to cow-tow to a woman's need
to find just the right fit.

This may strike you as hard to believe, but a significant percentage of men live their entire lives without ever hiring prostitutes. For some, it's simply because there's no need to. Women find them attractive and seduction comes easily, so their sex is free. Others may resist the urge to hire prostitutes because they're fearful of sexually-transmitted diseases and don't want to pass such diseases along to their wives. Others still are so strapped for money that every dollar (or equivalent in their local currency) they earn is required for food and shelter and to support their families, if they have families.

It seems slightly unclear what you mean by "just the right fit," so I'll assume you mean that if a man wants a woman to become his lover, and/or wants to persuade her to become his wife, he has to approach her and treat her in ways that appeal to her. This, of course, is called "courting." Would it make you feel better if you realized that "courting behavior" is required of males by the females of essentially all pair-bond species throughout the biosphere, not just human females...? And if the male does not meet the standards of the female (and she feels she has alternatives), she rejects him then accepts the advances of a male she finds more desirable...?

leftbehind said:
I hate to sound blunt and full of truth but:
what else are women good for but sex and raising kids? At ground
zero you gals are just in the way. ....

That's an amazing statement. Where have you been for the past thousands of years? This is identical to a statement by a religious "philosopher" in the early days of the male organizations that were adopting patriarchy, justified by the teachings of Aristotle (which were nothing more than his opinions), which subsequently became what are now the world's major religions, and which, to this day, are still either exclusively or almost exclusively patriarchal. (A quote and the source are included in one of my initial 5 posts at the beginning of this thread.)

Your dismissal of "having sex and bearing and raising children" as among "the few things women are good for" is also astonishing. Is it actually necessary to point out that without women, the entire human species would be extinct within *one* generation...?

In contemporary society (i.e., at present), the answer to your question "what else are women good for?" is: almost all of the same things men are good for — except in many instances, women are better. There's some emerging evidence, for example, that in an average sense (not necessarily an individual sense, of course) women tend to be better managers than men. I suspect this is because, in addition to having essentially the same (or better) abilities to assimilate technical knowledge, women have superior ability to "read" others, hence potentially better ability to avoid bad feelings in workplaces and get good work out of others. The Norwegians have recognized this by passing a law that will *require* essentially all organizations, public and private, to have 50% female representation on their boards of directors and other governing bodies in the fairly near future. They're now in a period of transition. There will be heavy financial penalties for organizations that do not comply. (I've stated this from memory of a news article; the requirement for future 50% female representation in business, government and other organizations in Norway may be more comprehensive.)

leftbehind said:
You [women] don't like to watch movies
that don't suck....

So what? It's hard to imagine anything more irrelevant. As for women not being good at hunting and fishing.... even in primitive hunter-gatherer tribes, women were the "gatherers." I doubt the men of those tribes would have (or do) dismiss that as a trivial contribution, because it was (/is) so obviously necessary.

leftbehind said:
But you also have that cunt, those fine tits and with the proper training will satisfy our perverted appetites. That's why we're still married to you and hand you our pay checks, etc. Do otherwise, act contrary for even a short time, and the man is gone without a reverse glimpse back.

Not necessarily. There are many couples who regard themselves as life partners, are tolerant of each other, and deal with life's adversities as a team, thereby attaining greater success (in an average sense) on emotional, economic, and biological levels than those who are single.

leftbehind said:
My wife is a *****, a paid ******, I met her 28 years ago when she was a street walker. She will do anything for money - even murder.

That's interesting. During those 28 years, I imagine it must have caused you to feel somewhat uneasy to be always aware that if another man (or woman) wanted your wife sexually, or wanted you out of the picture for some other reason, he or she might offer her some money to "off" you and your wife would have accepted without giving it a second thought.

In any case, 28 years is a long time so it sounds like the two of you must find your relationship satisfying despite this unsettling characteristic.

leftbehind said:
My sexual urges demand such a women to debase me.

Well, whatever works for you. This isn't surprising... it isn't too unusual for prostitutes to be married. (Prostitutes need love, affection and emotional support pretty much like everyone else, ya' know....)

leftbehind said:
[My wife] adores her appetites; although aged and slow, she remains a *****. If I, at any time, had wanted her to stop dating, to change her ways, and to be like someone else simply because of a whim, she would be like your wife or the president's wife.

Your wife might be willing to pose as a "more typical" wife if you asked her to, but she would definitely not be like the president's wife. The latter is a highly-intelligent woman who graduated from an outstanding law school and obtained a position at a prestigious law firm, where she was her husband's boss when they met. Had she continued in her profession, she would now be earning a *lot* more than her husband as president. (Did you note that when Obama was elected, The Onion headline was: "Black Man Given Worst Job in America"....? But I digress....)

leftbehind said:
Because [my wife] is a *****, she gives me her
body and her soul for money - my money.

Incidentally, Baker (in his book "Sperm Wars: The Science of Sex") notes that in all other pair-bond species where he and/or others have observed their social interactions, there are females who exchange sex with males for some necessary commodity (e.g., food). Thus, ************ is not just "the oldest profession" among women. It's also widespread among other pair-bond species. In connection with this, Baker speculates that males of human and other species don't support themselves via ************ because they can't, not because they're "inherently more virtuous." The reason, as anyone might suspect, is that a female who wants sex can almost always find a male who's eager to furnish it for free.

leftbehind said:
A real man demands nothing less... nothing less. And truthfully, wants nothing more.

Again, the assumption that all other men are just like you... or if they aren't, they certainly should be (otherwise they aren't "real men"). To describe this comment as a "sweeping over-generalization" would be a vast understatement. It simply isn't true.

—Custer

I'm Flattered

CUSTER SAYS:
Your dismissal of "having sex and bearing and raising children" as among "the few things women are good for" is also astonishing. Is it actually necessary to point out that without women, the entire human species would be extinct within *one* generation...?

In contemporary society (i.e., at present), the answer to your question "what else are women good for?" is: almost all of the same things men are good for — except in many instances, women are better. There's some emerging evidence, for example, that in an average sense (not necessarily an individual sense, of course) women tend to be better managers than men. I suspect this is because, in addition to having essentially the same (or better) abilities to assimilate technical knowledge, women have superior ability to "read" others, hence potentially better ability to avoid bad feelings in workplaces and get good work out of others. The Norwegians have recognized this by passing a law that will *require* essentially all organizations, public and private, to have 50% female representation on their boards of directors and other governing bodies in the fairly near future. They're now in a period of transition. There will be heavy financial penalties for organizations that do not comply. (I've stated this from memory of a news article; the requirement for future 50% female representation in business, government and other organizations in Norway may be more comprehensive.)

I'm flattered you took all the time and effort. However, as Bobbbiescuckoldress mentioned, I'm sort of liquid nailed into position here. I really cannot, for the life of me, see the worth of woman except through the evaluation of their men. Surely I admire ladies like Clinton, Obama, Mom Theresa, yes, they are great and great anomalies. But then again one has to wonder if info were not so free and public, if the rewards for ******** were more rewarding (as before Cable and the paparazzi) would not the Cesares and Marshals and Edisions among us step forward - instead of shoving our women folk into the din? You know Socrates once said that when a man makes woman his equal she is immediately his superior. Men and women have devoted many generations at making this a man's world. It was accomplished and now we are changing our minds - maybe. Therefore we live in a time wherein roles will change. If the world falls into the hands of females I trust one day my great granddaughter will post on the Net "what good is a man's worth? Except evaluated through the eyes of its woman?"
Still, thanks for the banter, it's way kewl.
Oh, BTW, Patty will leave me the very minute a higher bidder arrives. I just asked her and that was her serious answer; her usual reply.