• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Roger Clemens

• Thread starterpimpology101
  • Start date

pimpology101

SLUTWIVES VIP!
Beloved Member
May 27, 2006
groups.yahoo.com
Let's hear the sport's fans of DC's take on the Rocket. After watching his "60 Minutes" interview and the live press-conference which is still actually ongoing on ESPN2, I am inclined to believe Clemens. I am one who usually gives someone the benefit of the doubt when they make declarations. If, at a later time, it comes out that they've been lying then I make amended determinations at that time. But, from what I've seen and heard the last two days, particularly the taped conversation Of Clemen's accuser, Brian McNamee, I have to say, as of now, I believe Clemen's version.

I have never thought his body took on the disproportinate dimensions that steroids or HGH seem to impact on the physical form. His body appears to have just aged normally and naturally (to me) and not taken on mass like Bond's has. Also McNamee, via the taped phone conversation, comes across as far less than credible, again unlike those who have accused Bonds. I know the jury is still out and the truth may never be known but, as for me at the present time, I firmly believe Roger Clemens in his steadfast denials of ever using steroids or HGH.

Chime in.........

I watched this also pimp I haven't made my mind up he danced around a couple of questions and also the eye contact to questions he didn't care for wasn't there and if you had watched his hands also when questioned they were dancing around like a ***** in church mostly a guilty sign by his body language. I don't know yet he's screwed either way because they won't think he is telling the truth. His trainer threatened to sue him that ought to bring it to the boil.Undecide pimp

The thing is, they all deny using steroids... Ben Johnson said the tampered his urine sample, Marion Jones lied her way into possible jail time before she finally came clean.

Two reasons I doubt Clemens... why would McNamee lie? And Clemens, like Bonds seemed to cheat age late in his career, which isn't really the norm.

I mean, McNamee told the truth about Andy Pettite and HGH, Pettite has admitted it. Too bad Roger Clemens won't man up like Andy Petitte... same with Barry Bonds, his supplier of "flax-oil" is still rotting in jail protecting Barry.

Everyone is cheating, that's not why I disrespect these guys... it's because they'd let the guys who supply them the juice suffer job loss and jail time just to preserve the myth of their greatness.

McNamee isn't the bad guy here.

Interesting takes and it's also interesting how differing opinions can be when viewing/listening to the same thing. I take Clemens at his word and to me his body language only showed how angry he was. I'd be angry to if someone told bald-faced lies about me and tarnished a 24 year career I'd worked my ass off to attain. Roger Cossack, legal analyst for ESPN said it was a victory for Clemens and I tend to agree. Who else has an opinion? I'm sure Pooch will given his love of baseball.

McNamee would lie because he was given immunity and this whole thing enabled him to stay out ot jail for drug dealing and various other offenses.
Regarding his body language, if you've ever seen other interviews with Roger Clemens, you'd have seen the same body language when he's talking about prepping for a game, his family etc. Most of what people are saying about body language with him is normal for Roger.
Also, Roger filed suit today against Mcnamee for defamation not the other way around, mule.
In addition, the whole affair amounts to one man's word against another, there is no other evidence except Mcnamee's statement. One a hall of famer, one of the best in baseball for 20 years being accused of 2 years of hgh use (which wasn't banned by baseball anyway at that time) by a man trying desperately to stay out of jail at any cost. I know who's word I'm going to take.

And in case anyone wonders, and for the sake of honesty here, I'm a HUGE Yankee fan,lol. Probably go to about 20-25 games a year and adore Derek Jeter. I'd do anything to fuck him, anything !!! Roger, I'd pass on,lol!

GO YANKEES !!!

Damn....a Yankees fan! :( Here I'd have hoped a Sawx fan and Big Papi had a chance!!

RoSquirts said:
McNamee would lie because he was given immunity and this whole thing enabled him to stay out ot jail for drug dealing and various other offenses.
Regarding his body language, if you've ever seen other interviews with Roger Clemens, you'd have seen the same body language when he's talking about prepping for a game, his family etc. Most of what people are saying about body language with him is normal for Roger.
Also, Roger filed suit today against Mcnamee for defamation not the other way around, mule.
In addition, the whole affair amounts to one man's word against another, there is no other evidence except Mcnamee's statement. One a hall of famer, one of the best in baseball for 20 years being accused of 2 years of hgh use (which wasn't banned by baseball anyway at that time) by a man trying desperately to stay out of jail at any cost. I know who's word I'm going to take.

And in case anyone wonders, and for the sake of honesty here, I'm a HUGE Yankee fan,lol. Probably go to about 20-25 games a year and adore Derek Jeter. I'd do anything to fuck him, anything !!! Roger, I'd pass on,lol!

GO YANKEES !!!
RO I'm glad Roger did file a suit against him if he is clear of using it might help a few of the undecide about him.

Okay, let me amend the question... why would McNamee tell the truth about Petitte and lie about Clemens?

Did prosecuters tell McNamee to lie about Clemens?

Do prosecuters give you immunity to lie about someone? Or don't you run the risk of further legal ramifications if you give false testimony? That explanation makes no sense to me.

We know McNamee is truthful about Pettite. He probably wouldn't have squealed on Petitte if he wasn't facing jail... but why throw in other names of innocent players? He's already given prosecuters something... I'm sure he was told to name names... and if he left anybody out, the deal would be off. So he named everyone he injected.

In fact, Clemens admits McNamee injected him with a substance, but he says it wasn't HGH.

Reminds me of when Clinton said he didn't have "sexual relations"... "with that woman"... "Miss Lewinsky"... then even when faced with the DNA evidence on the blue dress, he admited to the blow job, but that his above statement under oath wasn't lying because of the way he phrased it. Spin city.

Anyhow, now that the lawsuits are starting, Clemens lawyers must rubbing their greedy palms together with glee... Roger will spend a lot of money in legal fees trying to preserve his all-star image.

Good points made by everyone. What I find curious is that almost everyone, sports fams, sports talk radio hosts, and the press, all seem interested in finding the athletes that used steroids or hgh. I guess its human nature to point your finger at someone who is on top and call them a cheat and liar. But, it seems to me if we really want to solve the problem, there should be some effort into finding who is illegally distributing these drugs and make them pay. Somehow, making a deal with the dealer to prosecute the user doesn't seem like justice to me

pimpology101 said:
Damn....a Yankees fan! :( Here I'd have hoped a Sawx fan and Big Papi had a chance!!

My gawd! A red sox fan, heaven forbid !!!

I was almost starting to like you too!

Even remotely suggesting, hoping, inferring, daydreaming or fantasizing that I might, possibly ,could be, would even think of ever being a red sox fan even under the threat of torture is like the worst thing you could say to a Yankee fan like me,lol !!

But I do think Manny Ramirez is a hottie !

Whatever the truth, and it will probably never really be known for sure, its sad that Roger will never get this off his back. There will always be that suspicion.

Ro, I was just beginning to like you too until your yankmee fan confessional! LOL That may prove too much for even us to overcome! hehehe

I grew up a HUGE fan of the Big Red Machine of the early, mid and late seventies. In fact the Reds dominating sweep of the Yankmees in 1976, led by series mvp (and my all-time favorite player) Johnny Bench is one of my sweetest sports memories. But, as that team was dismantled piece by piece, I became more of a fan of individual players than any one team.

I root for players like Clemens, Jim Thome (my favorite player now), Glavine, Ken Griffey Jr., Curt Schilling, Travis Hafner, etc. Team wise I like Boston, Cleveland, Detroit and the Cubs. I still root for the Reds also but I doubt they will ever really turn that organization around.

And Norm, you're right. That's the real shame of this mess. Clemens, innocent or not, will never regain his reputation in the eyes of many and that's both sad and unfair. A fundamental wrong of this society is that any bozo can make an allegation against someone else these days and, instead of "innocent until proven guilty," it's sadly just the opposite and even exoneration never restores a man's standing in the eyes of most. It's pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, in theory. But we all know it's sadly guilty until proven innocent. I liked the fact he basically told everyone, especially HOF voters, to kiss his ass today. A lot of people better be prepared to pucker up!

First to correct one poster, Anderson is not in jail now. He was released and that was on the government. They were just so hell bent to get Bonds until they have ignored the leaks from federal grand juries that failed to even indict Bonds until now. Also not one has anyone claimed to have seen nor injected Bonds with anything. With Clemens it is a trainer who injected him and Pettite has admitted that he was injected by the trainer. If Mcnamee was to have lied about any material evidence in this case, his immunity would be over with.

I also have a problem with the whole thing when people start talking about "performance inhancing drugs". The fact is that any drug that you take that allows you to play if you could not have played without is performance inhancing. Also let's look at reality. When the owners brought the weight rooms and the weight training culture into baseball, didn't they think that the steroids from the weight lifters would follow? Baseball invited the steroids in and now they are dealing with the designer steroids which has probably been in use by pitchers for some time now. Pitchers are the players who need to recover faster than any other player.

personally i hate all the steroid talk i really dont care who used and didnt i dont come to sports for peoples morality..but for entertainment. they are professionals, what they put in there bodies dont bother me none (other than how it may effect the youth) being around gyms my whole life i have seen real steroids and there effects...the HGH i have little experience with. I think Clemmens deserves to be considered not guilty since nothing been proven, but in my heart of hearts, i dont believe him...sorry rog.

Roger Clemens is handling this far worse than Barry Bonds.

Clemens took a few injections to expedite his recovery... but he is choosing to lie and treat fans like chumps. Roger should be a man like Andy Petitte, history will treat him kinder.

How come people want to make excuses for these athletes?

You know, we always knew those female shot putters with mustaches from East Germany in the 70's were on the juice, but no one could prove it.

But when the USA gets *******, everyone acts shocked.

That is merely your opinion. A consensus has not been determined but, it seems from polls and feedback, on espn.com, you're of the minority opinion. I for one applaud Clemen's handling of this. If he's innocent, as he claims, being aggressive in saying so is what he should do. Instead of cowering and hiding like Bonds has.

Freejames, it's nice to see you have this inside knowledge.

Thanks for sharing it, now I know the facts.

innocent until proven guilty but guilty in public opinion. oj is still searching for the real killer

Last edited by a moderator:
Pooch said:
innocent until proven guilty but guilty in public opinion. oj is still searching for the real killer
Yeah pooch and he sees him every time he shaves.

From George Mitchell, testifying before a House Comittee today, about the truthfulness of Brian McNamee's statement about Roger Clemens steroid use...

"No truthful statements can be used against him (McNamee) in any federal prosecution by that office. If, however, he should be untruthful in any statements made pursuant to that agreement, he (McNamee) may be charged with criminal violations, including making false statements, which is a felony," Mitchell said.

So you have to ask yourself... why would McNamee lie about Clemens if lying could put him in jail? It doesn't make sense.

Why won't Clemens release tape of another phone call to McNamee?

Clemens says McNamee injected his ass with painkiller Lidocaine and vitamin B-12... you can take this stuff orally... how come Clemens was taking it in the ass?

But people still want to believe Roger Clemens...

Users who are viewing this thread