• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Chat nickname theft

• Thread starterbeachgirl28f
  • Start date

beachgirl28f

New around here...
Beloved Member
Apr 19, 2004
profiles.yahoo.com
Why am I getting diconnected and getting the message that someone is using the nickname I had already been using? Is someone taking over the name I was already logged in as? Whats the deal?

beachgirl28f said:
Why am I getting diconnected and getting the message that someone is using the nickname I had already been using? Is someone taking over the name I was already logged in as? Whats the deal?

In chat if someone is using the same nick and logs in before you, you have to use another.

You may have got booted. It may not be someone taking your nickname - it could be that if you were disconnected then the name logged in could still be you. Its happened to me before, I get disconnected, I log back in, and hey presto - my nick is in use. I'm no computer geek, but somehow it takes a while for the chatroom to realize. Just log in as beachgirl28a or another nickname - you'll be able to continue chatting. Not that you ever chat to me when you're in there :( lol.

Users who are viewing this thread