• Slutwives needs your help! Hosting costs are rising all the time, not to mention programming costs and a million other small expenses that pop up every month. PLEASE consider supporting the site! It's easy, it's cheap and it really, really helps. Click HERE or hit the support link on the left side of the page. Your support buys you all sorts of special features on the site!

Chatroom FAQ

• Thread starterdig420
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

dig420

HMFIC
Staff member
Admin
Beloved Member
Mar 20, 2013
Las Vegas
www.slutwives.com
If there is an issue with chat that isn't addressed in this FAQ, then make a post about it and we will add the solution to this document.

Q. I can't login to my account with my regular nickname. What happened??

A.
For quite a while we allowed people to create chat accounts that were independent of their forum accounts. For technical reasons, we had to stop doing that and all chat accounts must now be linked to forum accounts. You must first be logged in to the forum THEN you can access the chat. If your chat account was created without a forum account, it will no longer be functional and you must login to the chat account with your forum nick. Once you're logged into the chatroom you can change your account nick as much as you like, but your chat account will always be associated with your forum acct.

To fix this issue, you MUST clear your cache and especially your cookies. Anytime you log onto any site anywhere, a cookie is sent to your machine identifying your account. When you attempt to login to the chat, the software will search for that cookie and attempt to log you in as the user that is set in your cookie. There are several reasons why this process can cause issues. For example, perhaps you have your forum account but haven't registered your account in the chatroom yet. Perhaps you have a previous chat acct with different login information than your forum acct. In any case, the answer is always the same: delete your cache and your cookies, and login to the chat with the exact same user/pass you use for the forum. If possible, try logging in with a different browser or even a different machine. Once you have successfully logged in with the correct information the problem should be permanently solved because the information in your cookie will now be correct.

Q. I was banned/kicked/muted but I don't know why!

A.
Every chatroom must have mods to keep the peace and watch to make sure illegal content isn't posted. Generally a user will be given several warnings about behavior that isn't acceptable before being kicked or banned. Please heed those warnings and do not attempt to argue or engage in a battle of wills. We're not trying to win an argument, we just have a bare minimum set of rules that must be followed and debating them with a mod in chat is pointless. If you feel a rule is unfair, you are free to say so in this thread and if your case is convincing we may change that rule, but the mods have their marching orders and their job is to enforce the rules as they stand. Just as with the police, if you disagree with a rule you can argue it in court (this forum), but arguing with the cop isn't going to get you anywhere. Our mods are patient and of course, totally infallible, but if you disagree with a decision they made, you truly feel that you were wronged or you've calmed down now and you would like to apologize and be allowed back in, contact me via PM or in this thread.

Q. I am very sneaky and I want to use a VPN to access the chat, but it won't let me in!

A.
We do allow VPN access, but because nearly all spammers use VPN software to create spam accounts in chatrooms, we require you to contact us and let us know. We will grant your account the ability to login with a VPN. Our goal is not to block VPN users, it's to block spammers.

Q. I want the cool fonts, to create my own chatroom, or other stuff I see some users doing but I can't. Why not?

A.
The chat has certain privileges that are available to VIP users, but not to regular users. These include the neon crazy fonts, the ability to create your chatrooms and a myriad of other options. There are only a few ways to get VIP status, the most frequent being such a high quality member of the chat that we couldn't bear to lose you, so you are gifted with VIP status. Users who have been here for many years generally get automatic VIP status, verified ladies and couples generally get VIP status.

Last edited:
Reactions: slutsowner, fblrush, Jackndice and 2 others
Status
Not open for further replies.