• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

problem with chatroom

• Thread starterpittmedic7
  • Start date

pittmedic7

New around here...
Beloved Member
Nov 26, 2006
I'm sorry if this has been discussed to death, but I'm confused when I see the chatroom with people in it an I am unable to log into the chat room. My java applet loads fine, I enter a screen name, and the chatroom comes up, but instead of logging into the room, i get a message that says something like "this parachat room is not configued to run on this website. To connect visit www.darkcavern.com. disconnected". Is this a tech. issue or am i doing something wrong? thanks....

i have the same problem sometimes if i just come in through forums, if I come in from the front page it seems to work alright.

im having the same problem and cant seem to fix it

Your browser may have cached an old copy of Chat. Clear the cache, exit your browser completely and open the page again.

I find that it only works when I come in from the main page. Go to www.darkcavern.com and click on the link for 'The Dark Room (FREE message board and chat room)' then click on enter chat. Works for me every time.

Users who are viewing this thread