• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Thread about Sports

• Thread starterPooch
  • Start date
Amazing game alright. Very bad late season swoon. This makes what? Four bad games in a row. Its not which team shows up. Thats for teams that are good one week and bad the next. "Boys" haven't played well in awhile. I think Cowboys were wrong to live or die by the pass this year because they do have two very good backs. I have always preferred a balanced attack as you have something to fall back on in bad weather. I good running game can only help the passing game.

One thing I have to comment on. As players I have always admired Sonny Jurgenson, Troy Aikman and Joe Thiesman. I believe that Sonny broadcasts on local Radio for the Skins so its fine to be biased. I have noticed Joe is extremely biased as color man on National TV which to me is a big no no. For example the Patriot game a few weeks ago when he thought the Pats might lose. The game where Don Shula showed up in the booth and they were all laughing at the Pats.

You have to admit Pimp, that not only is Troy a very decent color man he is very unbiased and that is as it should be on National TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite football teams all qualified for post-season play and combined to win 70% of their games. My old high school made the Ohio state playoffs for the 21st time and won a first round game. Kentucky won the Music City bowl (2nd consecutive bowl win). Penn State won the Alamo Bowl, Ohio State is in the title game and the Redskins qualified for the playoffs. Not a bad season at all for this football fan!

By the way, in Kentucky's win over FSU, Andre Woodson broke the single season record for touchdown passes (previously held by Tim Couch) in the Wildcat's first back-to-back bowl appearance since 1977.

I wonder Mulie's been? He takes these periodic breaks so I don't think it's because the Skins thumped the Cowboys and he has to make his avatar a Redskin's helmet. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I may hate Michigan with every fiber of my being but I still respect the program. That being said I have to give them major props for how they are giving Florida fits today. Given their disappointing season and their coaching situation they have played their best game of the year. In fact, had Mike Hart not uncharacteristically fumbled twice (both times at the Gator one), this game wouldn't even be close. And even though he's fumbled twice credit has to go to Hart for being only the 4th Big Ten back ever to surpass 5,000 yards. What a player and what a career!

Ah hell I'm here Pimp Norm is right you have two good backs use them also give Simpson to Norm and I and when we are done we'll give her to Pooch you ain't getting none Pimp. They will regroup and start to play I just wish they had a better coach. Pooch how did Katy do didn't see?

pimp the cowboy were just resting they knew they did not need to win, but i would have liked them to have tried harder cause other teems are also wanting to go to the big one and if a teem does not play as hard as they can then it is not fair to the rest just my two cents worth LOL

The way the Skins dismantled them I don't think it mattered how hard they did or didn't try. I guess we'll see next week if my Skins can get past the Sea birds.

So much for Hawaii and the Rainbow Warriors. I was disappointed that they couldn't even compete. I hope no one discounts how good Colt Brennan is or what he's accomplished because of one game. Tim Tebow couldn't have done better (and in fact he didn't against the Wolverines) with that little time to throw. That was the worst pass protection I've ever seen!

pimp congrats on ur skins great job by them but dont take too much in beating an unispired team with nothing to play for on road in bad weather (dont give me that rivalry BS meaning anything to Dallas players or Wash..wash was up for game, must win for them...Dallas coulndt have cared less) Dallas was coming off their first real hit of injuries all season..(what is it about the Pats that they dont get hurt???) Cowboys are hurt if Garode doesnt play center in playoffs..otherwise they are fine. Romo is healthy TO will be there, but they are beatable. that guys analysis of the teams is very fair S & P.. Pimp I know you are sweating going to Seattle ....very very tough place to play on road, but they could win. Giants...damn impressive showing even though they blew it against Pats (was watching game in a sky box while ur Lions were beating A&M in a friggin boring ass bowl game..thank god for beer). If it wasnt for them leaving it on the field last Sat, they def could beat TB, but i think TB will now take them. and i still think the Colts will upset the Pats in playoffs and repeat..

Michigan btw..finally showed there talent ..damn they got at least 6 NFL players on that team. Look out for them in future Rodriguez is a top coach. and they have the best uniforms in sports! and I hate them too!!! Hawaii didnt deserve to be in that game. Georgia is a top team..bit nobody would likely beat USC right now ..nobody. but teams having weeks and weeks off...they are all flat and timing off...the Bowls SUCK. lsu in squeeker over osu 17-16

anybody see that hockey game outside...if that wasnt stupidist thing i ever saw.. i mean they didnt even put up stands by the boards...it was rediculous.. 71000 there and i wonder if any of them saw anything...and game ended in shootout with the latest Gretsky wannabe winning it on last shot...how they ruined that sport with that strike years back.

oh yea Mule Katy kicked ass and won State title here. not sure if they finished 2 or 3 nationally in usa today. Pimp there running back had signed early with UCLA , but when they fired Durell he looks like he is now favoring going to OSU.

Great job by skins nevertheless...

Actually the game against Dallas wasn't a must win after Minnesota and New Orleans both lost and even Aikman said the better team (on that day) won. Dallas played all their starters well into the 3rd quarter and were already soundly beaten by then. A lot of people (analysts) are picking Washington over Seattle and I can see why. They are the hottest team in the NFC, won't be daunted by playing on the road and, I believe, have a better team in all three phases of the game. Most of my optimism comes from knowing Collins will not make costly mistakes that can get a team beaten.

I hope that back plans to sit behind Beanie Wells for two years unless he goes to the pros early. Michigan will be down next year but I agree, will be tough to beat once Rodriguez gets his stuff in there. But, if anyone can beat him, it will be Tressell. And I still say PSU has the best uni's in college football by far. How 'bout them Mountaineers, speaking of Rodriguez? They kicked the daylights out of Oklahoma. I admit I didn't think they could win given the coaching situation but they not only won, they kicked the shit out of the Sooners and basically without Slaton. Very impressive!

My prediction, in a mild upset, Buckeyes 24 Tigers 17. Go Bucks!!!

My biggest problem Saturday is that Louisville and Kentucky play on CBS @ 4 and the Redskins on NBC @ 4:30. I'll be wearing my clicker out!

"Didn't care about the game" to me doesn't explain the way Dallas played. Something is fundamentally wrong and Wade better get on it.

Dallas has already lost their Scouting Director and two other important guys including Jason Garret have interviews this week. And the brain drain begins.

you guys are the typical fans who dont look at the big picture, and live and die week to week. Football is so much about passion and intensity..it dont matter if Dallas had its starters in...if they only cared 99% well that is not enough to compete against a team desperate to make playoffs, playing at home, bad weather, etc. results of other games not withstanding. Seattle gave up 40 to Atlanta in a totally meaningless game for them think that has any effect on playoffs when they play at home? and that dont mean they will def win, but Dallas fan...ease up...14-2 jesus christ you think the NFL outlawed the cheerleaders or something. they let up off gas pedal a bit, Romo hurt his thumb the other game and played like crap cause of that...when a team gets hit with a bunch of injuries at once...it usually takes 2-3 weeks for them to recover. these are the facts of the NFL. Romo thumb will be fine, Jessica Simpson had nothing to do with it. If youre center is out..well that is HUGE that effects everything, he is far more important than TO. but that is why the home field and week off is so important. they will be refreshed and ready to go im sure. the Skins are playing well, Gibbs did great job holding them together...but expect Todd Collins to revert back to who he really is now...you know the guy you hadnt seen for 10 years, not the guy playing like Tom Brady, but if he keeps playing this great, look out for them. but turnovers likely decide that game as they do in most and Seattle is #1 home field advantage in the league. also Skins emotional ride will likely deminish also..that is more a likely normal human result. Its easy for me to judge the Giants ..my team, who i like just as passionately as you like youres...cause I never got caught up in any false expectations this year. frankly they exceedeed my high end by 1 game for i thought them to be one of the many 7-9 9-7 teams...but they didnt beat any of the top teams this year, when they had there chances.
personally i hope Jacksonville survives pittsburgh and goes into New England and beats them up before they play the Colts that is why i think Colts will beat them, plus its hard to beat a great team 2x in a row.

Think any WVU people are thinking about Pitt game this morning? I think long lay off def effected Oklahoma, not to mention not being in championship game, but they played like crap...but i dont see WVU being twice as good as them. Even Missouri team that really got screwed out of BCS ...benefitted huge by getting Arkansas with coaching change...no way they blow out Arkansas like that normally, although they certainly could beat Arkansas, for they are fine team. I hope the TV ratings suck for these bowl games...that is only thing that will force a playoff eventually. Doesnt this season even with this so called championship game...feel like the years past with the bowls and then trying to figure out who is #1? Quick ...there is a game tonight..can u name the 2 teams playing? off top of my head i can only think of 1 and it shouldnt be in it either.

i

Almost every anaylyst agrees that you can't "turn it on" when you want to and it's far better to be going into the playoffs with momentum than without it which is precisely the reason why fans and experts alike are concerned about Dallas (who was 13-3 not 14-2) and the Seahawks. Seattle is far more one dimensional than the Cowboys but even Dallas has to be concerned; they haven't played good football in several weeks (and neither has the Seahawks) so for either of them to expect to "turn it back on like a light switch is both dangerous and wishful thinking. And as far as Todd Collins reverting back to who he is...well just who is that to you, Pooch? He's never been one to turn the ball over. If the Redskins shut down Alexander and make Hasslebeck throw the ball all day long, and there's no reason to think Alexander (who's a shell of his former self and done nothing all season) will have a breakout game against the 4th best rush defense in the entire NFL, then it will be a long day for Seattle and a great one for Washington!

As for the bowls? I still continue to enjoy them and like them for the simple fact lesser schools get to participate and have a tangible achievement for a job well done. That being said, I would also enjoy a playoff or at least "and then one".....where the two top teams after the bowls are over play for the title (which would either be USC, Georgia or winner of OSU/LSU). Tonight's game features, to me, a highly overated Kansas team against and under rated one in Va. Tech. And as far as the Mountaineers go......I do believe they are one of the top 5 teams in the country and would benefit from a playoff. What they did to the Sooners last night, without Steve Slaton, was shocking! The hiring today of their interim coach was even more so and, I think, a bad choice. Ohio State plays @ Southern Cal in week # 1 next season--what an awesome game to start off with!!!

Hail to the Redskins, beat the Sea birds!!!!

Predictions obviously don't mean much

but here are mine:

BCS Title game

Ohio State 24
LSU 17

AFC Wildcards

Jacksonville 20
Pittsburgh 17

San Diego 28
Tennessee 13

NFC Wildcards

Washington 23
Seattle 10

New York 17
Tampa Bay 13

Way to go Mangino and the Jayhawks! This is one time I was happy to be wrong and boy, was I! I love to see the under dog get the bone! And congrats to Beamer ball and Va. Tech on another fine season in the face of such an awful tragedy.

The Buckeyes are as good as anyone else this year. And people only hate the SEC because it's the most dominant conference in college athletics! ;)

And congratulations to the Jayhawks. Let's see if they, much like Kentucky, can sustain success on the gridiron and rival their basketball programs for awhile or are just flash in the pans.

Users who are viewing this thread