cuckolding in the 13th century - bulgaria

• Thread starterEngine9
  • Start date

Engine9

New around here...
Beloved Member
Oct 20, 2007
in bulgaria, the 13th century was a period of transition and times were often hard. many years, a worker would farm the land all spring, only to find that many of the crops he had planted would not grow. the worker would throw his primitive farm equipment down and curse up at the sky. "galante, bisandede" was a common worker refrain, meaning, "thanks god, for causing me and my family to starve to death!"

back then, the streets were even harder to pronounce than they are now. bicalsmnaeda was a main thoroughfare. to the east was mnelseicoza, bendedzse, and elezaitsakia, to the west was drvvnelseda, dwssyndradala and pmimmestazova.

medicine was considerably less advanced than in western europe at the time. the use of leeches to drain the bad blood out of the patient was still a few centuries away.

they didn't call hospitals "hospitals" back in those days. but there were places where people took those that were sick.

when the young princess Yzaliyade was struck with the pestilence, Dr. Mzen was called back from bartaslava to help. Yzaliyade's mother, Tzettianao, immediately fell awe-struck at the site of Dr. Mzen.

with striking features & a deep baritone voice, she felt like she was she was in the presence of a famous Count.

but she was married to the prince and had even wore chastity belts growing up as a rebellious teenager in the 1230s.

dr mzen wanted yzaliyade but he knew if he got caught - which he probably would - they'd split his head open with a hundred pound rock - dropped precisely on his head from a height of 30 feet - and feed his carcass to the starving dogs.

that was what stood between the two of them.

but what to do? say to hell with 13th century bulgarian society, and in the process make a cuckold of the prince?!!!!

fascinating questions, which i'll leave to the scholars and critics.

but if you want to know about probably the biggest cuckold event in bulgaria in the latter half of the 13th century, you're in luck my friend.

in the next months, i will give the story of what happened to them, with as much background, context as possible.

it's not enough to know the web of jealousy & intrigue, for in order to fully understand it, one must go back to the year 837 AD, when both sides were divided.

i challenge you & welcome you to learn more about a very interesting time in bulgarian history - and look forward to starting a dialouge in the weeks & months & years to come.

thought before I post about the political situation in 837 AD and what had preceeded it, I should share some imporant facts about bulgaria....

bulgars are related to huns & started showing up in what is now bulgaria in the 5th century. they must have liked the mountainous landscape & majestic lakes & ponds, because many of them decided to stay & establish their homelands there. i have personally never been to bulgaria, but from what i can gather from photos i've seen in books, much of the landscape is quite beautiful.

for those of you wondering how i can attempt to tell this tale, having never even been to europe, let alone bulgaria, i should point out that bram stroker had never set foot in transylvania but still was able to write the classic horror yarn, dracula.

bulgars were particularly astute in astronomy. many say that it was actually a bulgarian who discovered pluto. the planet's since been down-sized but it was a remarkable achievement for that time.

but at that time, like everywhere in europe, people went home happy with a loaf of bread and a sack of butter.

and nobody knew any better.

the bulgarian politician who first articulated this most clearly was a gentleman named borister dahvenshta, who will come up alot in the next few months, even though he really doesn't figure into the cuckold story. dahvenshta lived a good 700 years earlier & from all accounts, was very religious & faithful to his wife.

bulgars had their share of painters & many believe that di vinnci's mona lisa was inspired by a painting by the bulgar Tsarstvo in his famous portrait of queen dinesta (circa 802 AD). many bulgars refer to da vinnci as "msabado" which translates to "the plagarist".

the best way to describe bulgaria at that time is "backward." people ate with their hands. some didn't even use their hands. everyone fell into line tho when they sang their victory song about pillaging constaninoble.

mispronunciation?

Yzaliyade, according to pre-Tudor texts, was originally pronounced with an emphasis on the "L". This has been the source of some contention between scholars until only recently (the former half of the twentieth century). This is because the middle syllables were always emphasized in royalty for clarity of diction and for the purpose of generally providing an authoritarian ring to the name when announced in large ballrooms. (Study of thirteenth century architecture confirms a large central hall as the norm for royal families ranking mostly anywhere above the title of fief.)

Until the twentieth century, scholars thought a name such as Yzaliyade would then have two "L"'s. This was because of the publishing scribes were mostly learned monks still using wood carving implements. Often the grain of wood may appear to have natural lines resembling an "L" already. The double "L" was thought to avoid confusion and make certain any reader would at once realize the name as royalty.

How this issue was finally resolved among modern scholars circa nineteen-twenty is uncertain. There were even rumors of a challenge and duel between Ergstrom and Maplthorpe (two of the leading seminarians on the subject at the time)! Who knew philology could be so dramatic? It was even further rumored that Maplthorpe then made love to the wife of his dead opponent - the wife of Ergstrom being a legendary beauty. Can a cuckold be dead?

just the name bulgaria, makes it seem like a weird place. and this was particularly true in the 7th century. if new mexico is the capital of ufo sightings, bulgaria is the capital for reports of animals tranforming into humans or visa-versa.

but in the 7th century, it was more just about worshiping the sun or whatever mountain or lake happened to be there. if i lived back then, i could see wanting to be reincarnated into a rock.

i do want to state upfront that i don't speak the bulgarian language but i do know a number of words & phrases, but if you want to email me about medeval bulgarian customs, please do so in english.

as for the cuckolding, it needs to be understood that the seed was laid a half-millenium earlier, when the russian czar, was introduced to the bulgarian woman who would later start the bulgarian equivalent of the red cross.

she grew up a poor peasant girl who got into trouble for dancing, whenever the gypsies came to town. but the little freckled faced gypsy girl who was her age, why, she was her best friend!

little panamaria wondered aloud, "why do my parents not allow me to fraternize with my gyspy friend caratanya?"

little did panamaria know that her father had been cuckolded by caratanya's father when he was off fighting the slavs!!!

that is the first of many medeval bulgarian cuckold stories i intend to tell on this post. i welcome all comments, as i find this subject matter to be absolutely fascinating.

thanks ytrewq - just saw yr post - see, yr somebody who "gets it" - interesting insights & questions

Ufology

No problem, I look forward to the history lesson as I have become a bit rusty what with all the trade journals I need to keep up with an ever changing industry.

I have to say, you touched on a topic of great interest to me besides that of the obvious one up for plain discourse: our cuckolding heritage throughout all the European empires (of course, one cannot focus on Bulgaria alone and expect it to end there!) and how they have come to influence America today. The topic you perchance brought to this thread, I choose to believe subconsciously, is that of ufo's or as those of us in conspiracy circles call it: Ufology. This, by mere coincidence of your serendipitous analogy, has deep relativity both in a general and special sense to me as I have tried to purvey these values to colleagues of mine in the past.

Ufology has, throughout history (and yes, I am talking of distant history, not just what is known as twentieth century ufology), been an integral part of religion, politics and sex. (Sound familiar? The three topics one is never to discuss on a professional level. It is NO WONDER why ufology is swept under the rug, man!) I won't go into the former two regions of discussion, since that would take a book the length of a man's arm to cover in any respectable depth. I will however, attempt to eradicate any doubts as to the veracity of my claims on the relevance of sex and UFO's.

Whether one believes that ufology has sprung into popularity since the tradition of art in history (there are many paintings rendered by the masters here, both in chiaroscuro and cubist, depicting, though not indubitably, saucers and other shapes in skies above holy figures and Flemish landscapes) or via the minds of prepubescent teenagers during the repressed yet tumultuous fifties, there is a correlation between sex and ufo's that cannot be denied, or rather, cuckolding and ufo's. To understand this in any complete way, one must first know and accept the common "abduction" scenario that has been mostly documented in the last one hundred years. (Though ufo abduction has been well known throughout the centuries, even dating back to Cleopatra, documentation has not been obtained in anything more substantial than the third person. This would be referred to in legalese as "hearsay").

The standard abduction scenario goes something like this: A close encounter of the third kind, in which physical contact involves a medical examination of the human reproductive system not limited to but including a mating practice concluding in the successful insemination of a human female by a donor of an extra-terrestrial's design. Usually this means either a combination of DNA/RNA strings from both human and alien origin, or, though less common, pure alien DNA strands (this latter would culminate in an artificially inseminated impregnation of the human "vessel" which, after a gestation period of anywhere from three weeks to six and a half months (Earth time), an alien baby would be born. (This baby would be carrying the genetically encoded instructions for an Earth invasion within its cell structure, usually to be time-released on a predetermined date.)) This latter form of insemination by the ET would be the bridge to religious fables in history (yes, many of these fables, not coincidentally, spring from the "imaginations" of Bulgarian poets and historians). It is a topic I said I wont go into at this writing, only keep in mind that unexplained science has always gone off into the realm of spiritual and organized religion. Often referred to as demon-children, the ET babies had the supernatural abilities to stare down anyone in their path or voluntarily throw up on them. These Damians were often misunderstood, being exiled and finally burned at the stake if they so much as set foot in their home village.

The correlation between cuckolding and abduction becomes more plain when we recap the "cuck" relationship. This basically breaks down to female hierarchy, which encompasses all sexual rites including the spreading of the gene code. From the point of perspective of a cuckold, he, being the husband in title only, bearing the responsibilities of social appearances and monetary income, will not only have no authority or delegation as to his wife's sexual partnerships, but he may, as is very often the case, not even be knowledgeable of his wife's chosen donors or "lovers". The wife of a cuckold may have sexual relations with anyone she may choose, either for purposes of her own pleasure, the humiliation of her husband, impregnation by her "bull", or all of the above.

The reasons for an ET's participation in the cuckold relationships various scenarios are still debated by some. It could be an investigation of genetic manipulation on their part or it could be that human women, as medical journals have popularized, exude pheromones that ET's have the ability to receive and respond to. Whether this is for pleasure or some "higher" purpose is yet to be determined. One constant remains in all this: The human female has the power to reach out across the universe, backwards and forwards through time, and she can use that power to strangle you. Many of us today could never be certain of our true ancestry due to the reality of human natures. That goes for Bulgarians, too!

Allow me to steer this thread back to original course by pointing out that Bulgaria is a neighbor to Romania, where, as the author made reference, is the origin of the legendary Dracula or Nosfuratu. This is not a coincidence but a discovery of our own global culture and our own common heritage that can lead us down the path of enlightenment. If there is influence in the human genome from an extra-terrestrial origin, it probably began in the eastern European region for all folklore tells us. This may or may not be the case, but one thing remains certain, the female is all knowing, and her lips are sealed.

Cuckolding in the 13th century

Not very sure about Bulgaria, History is rather sketchy. However, there is a scene in the movie BRAVEHEART where just after the wedding, the British landowner exercises his 'privilege' to be the first to have sex with the new bride thereby causing the husband to be a cuckold. I suspect that happened a lot in British colonies during the historic time of 'surfdom' I wonder if there is any literature to document it.

yawn

yawn:( yawn yawn snooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Too long, didn't read.

No one wants to read this shit, you get 1 star from me.

If you don't want to read it

Then don't fuckin read it! Just shut your piehole and let the man provide some historical background. Some of us may find it interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't find this interesting. Why Bulgaria?

If you're going to give us a history lesson then there are more interesting countries or times than Bulgaria. How about Ancient Rome for starters?

They gave us our system of governemtn, they gave us our eagle and a bunch of other stuff. They are more relevent to us than some country where count dracula came from

The Ancient Romans were more highly sexual than any other ancient country. They used to screw there slaves and had huge oprgies and wives could be prostitutes. Much more interseting and relevent to this web site I would of thought.

Like read this which I got from another web site. The Romans and Greeks were obsessed with sex. When they weren't busy writing Illiads, waging war, or inventing architecture and indoor plumbing, they were engaging in sex almost non stop. Given their obsession with sex and sensuality, it's actually kind of amazing they got anything done. Although the Greeks and Romans were sex-crazed, their orgia were not what modern folk imagine when the word "orgy" is used, with a few exceptions. The original orgies were associated with the Greek cults of Orpheus and Dionysus, who was literally the god of sex, drugs and rock-n-roll (or as they were known then, sex, wine and ritual dance). A fertility icon, Dionysus was attended by mythical creatures known as satyrs and nymphs, who later lent their names to the Freudian complexes that house sex-crazed quacks.

Of course, in the final days of the empire, there were a few brave pioneers such as Caligula, whose legendary sexual excesses helped give the orgy its good name (or bad name, depending on your moral stance). Outside of the cradle of the classics, there were mostly inconsistent sexual practices that varied pretty substantially from region to region. Of these, India was another early pioneer in sexual adventurism, and ancient Indian temples contain numerous depictions of almost every conceivable sexual configuration, with participants coming in duets, trios, quartets and more.

Jump here: History of Sex: Roman Empire

And here: Ancient Roman Empresses - Crystalinks

Let's have more discussion of the sex practises of the Ancient Romans. Less Bulgaria thank you

Don't forget the Mongols

Bull Durrem said:
I don't find this interesting. Why Bulgaria?
[snip]
Let's have more discussion of the sex practises of the Ancient Romans. Less Bulgaria thank you

Well -some people get the significance of Bulgaria and its influence on cuckoldry... some don't. If one looks to the Mongols - the Eastern Counterpart to the Bulgars - one plainly sees that the culture, the society, the government, and the sexual mores perfectly match. One concludes, then, that given the same set of circumstances, human beings will tend to behave alike, making similar decisions and moving in similar directions. Is it any wonder, then, that cuckoldry emerged in various societies as an alternative to legacy sexual lifestyles?

Thanks to E9 for a thoroughly entertaining and informative exploration of a very important subject.

BB

wow, i havent even started telling the story yet & i'm already one-starred?

many people find history boring i realize, but if you lived in let's say, the year 300, you'd be fascinated by how people would live in the 8th century, or the 13th century.

if you got hit in the head & had amnesia bout what happened to you in the last 20 yrs, would you be some history geek for asking what had happened since your memory went awol?

& i don't understand why bulgarian history is bigotedly prejudiced against in favor of roman & greek history.

what needs to be understood, is that even though bulgaria doesn't rhyme with any words that i can think of anyway, in their native language, "bulgaria" rhymes with tons of words: love, breasts, coffee, trees, sunshine, blowjob, roman empire.

as a result, "bulgaria!" is the end of the chorus of many bulgarian gypsy songs. i know that doesn't have to specifically do with cuckolding, but i thought it was interesting.

ytrewq, smith988, bb, thanks for your comments & for sharing in my enthusiasm, which btw, i got a ton of insight on how cuckoldry might've been viewed by this old bulgarian couple i met in the park today.

i'm looking forward to telling the tales of cuckoldry, many of which could not happen today, and are unique to bulgaria during those times.

i know many of you have wondered why i haven't posted in so long, but rest assured, im hard at work in research.

there's a senior citizen/retirement home in my neighborhood, and i'm supposed to meet with a man tomorrow who's wife emigrated from bulgaria in 1934 - and no doubt, she gave him some secrets, before she went to the grave.

i've contacted literally hundreds of professors who specialize in eastern european/bulgarian history, and at first, they are all anxious to be heard, asking me what publication i'll be sending this to.

when i tell them, im investigating cuckoldry in 13th century bulgaria, the general reaction i get from most professors is silence on the other end of the phone.

they typically reply "what in the 13th century?"

when i reply cuckolding & what i mean by that, many supposedly "enlightened" professors hang up the phone on me.

others ask why i would even care, which i find ironic, given that history professors are the ones who should most care about history.

but there are a few history professors who focus on bulgaria in the middle ages, who have asked me to come in, and when i have, they immediately close the door. they talk in hushed tones & tell me things like "ive been waiting years for someone like to you to show up at my door."

some of them want to take a walk or get away from campus. these are professors who believe ideals & truth trump cushy, tenured jobs.

i had one professor tell me that i'm a modern day paul revere, that the story needs to get out. he told me so many stories of cuckoldry in bulgaria from 700-1400 AD & when he hugged me, he said "i can die knowing, you're going to tell the tale."

and that is what the purpose of this thread is. i'm still compiling my notes, but everyone's going to get a comprehensive history of cuckoldry in bulgaria, specifically in the 13th century, but six centuries of history before, so it all makes sense.

btw, most of the focus is going to be on eastern bulgarian lands by the black sea, which is where most of the population lived at that time. if anyone, has issues with that, or feels im being exclusive, let me know & i will run it past some professors.

Bull Durrem - please let Engine continue with Bulgaria without ridicule, what he is saying is very interesting to me and no doubt many others. I want to learn about the underground secrets that Professors only whisper about behind locked doors.

Keep the Roman empire for another time or start a special thread by yourself.

you guys must watch a very sexy and historical movie directed by the famous italian TINTO BRASS the move name is Caligula

this movie shows you the cuckoldry and real sex back in the romanian empire 100 BC i think

very interesting movie

i received a few emails asking that i not limit the focus to just eastern bulgaria & include the western parts as well. as one person said "after all, the capital city, sofia, is on the extreme west, and so are many of the major cities!"

that is actually an excellent point and while it's going to increase my research load, i think i'm up to the task. but to start, and because many of the cuckold stories i've accrued are from eastern bulgaria, i will focus with that to start.

i had the most amazing conversation at the senior center saturday. the nurses wouldn't allow me to see him at first, said he was senile & "off his rocker" & when they finally let me into the room, he was urinating out his 4th floor window and screaming expletives in bulgarian.

when he saw me, he lunged at me, thinking i was hospital staff, but when i told him i was here to talk about mideval bulgarian tales of cuckoldry, he smiled broadly & told me "please sit down, sit down" and handed me his flask of some native bulgarian liquor.

when the nurse continued to hover by the door, he threw a book at her & said "get out of here you nosey bitch."

after a while, he said "you know the story of how count mdalia cuckolded the great prince milobeden's nephew, but did you know that count madlia was cuckolded himself?"

when i replied "no", he shouted at me, "you see, they all want to white-wash history, these professors with their fancy phd's & awards & book deals, they wouldn't know the truth if it hit them in their goddamn heads!"

when i asked him how he could be sure that count madlia was cuckolded, he told me he had enough with me and to get my "gypsy ass" out of his room.

i said "mr. bssedivik, sir, i meant no disrespect, i am your humble student, and im grateful to be in the presence of such a great man."

he said "ok" and proceeded to tell me the whole tale, amazing & extremely controversial.

it would be irresponsible for me to relay what he told me without running it passed a few trusted history scholars, but rest assured, if he is correct, this is going to be a story that will blow everyone's mind.

so i posted on my other thread and it didn't display.

the guy before me's post also didn't display.

im wondering if there's a post/page limit that's been exceeded.

im using this a test to see if my posts display here.

things with allie & bill are progressing...but i've been quite crazed, including tonite, & will update things tomorrow.

im done posting on the orig thread & it's started to recede but will contact admin about further sending it out to sea.

the first two pages about bulgarian nonsense should be a good moat, and the 2-star rating helps, and the title itself should scream "don't bother reading me, this post is insanely boring."

i've been a bit unnerved since my last post - i'm sure some will take some "u deserve it satisfaction" from that. but it's not just them, but anyone who knows them learning about this, reconginzing them, and the potential wildfire of rumors that'd create.

so will use this thread to continue & would much appreciate any comments here, not there.

Just a bump to move this forward. Looking forward to the weekend report.

I think a lot of us are waiting for more news too.