• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Thread about Sports

• Thread starterPooch
  • Start date
Not sure why you don't think so when they clearly are but that's neither here nor there. From top to bottom, while exceptions do exist, they clearly outclass the other conferences in football. Usually basketball too although not as often as the ACC and Big East are up there too.

But the Big Ten, Pac 10 and Big 12 are almost afterthoughts in both sports. Hey, I hate to say it too since I love PSU and OSU but, if they had to play an SEC schedule year in and year out? They'd have 2 or 3 losses every year. So would Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, etc. Like I said there are exceptions; Penn State beat Tennessee in a bowl game last year-Ohio State may beat LSU-Michigan beat Florida-Missouri beat Mississippi. But those are all one game scenarios and not a conference schedule.

New Cowboys coaches next season Muleman Head Coach Norm Defensive Line Coach Pooch Offensive Line coach Pimp fetching drink boy for Jones. Would be better then Wade

Better check the cups I bring 'em.......be filled with piss and vinegar! ;)

Quit welching on the bet and upload your avatar already! LOL

im def a defensive coach mule. i was leaning toward Penn State pimp def dont side with A & M..it just wasnt compelling game in person.

the sec clearly has been the best overall football conference top the bottom for quite a few years now. doesnt mean other conferences arent really good, and for 1 year might be best, but for sure this year again its the SEC. they have more top quality teams/depth than any conference, and get more players drafted into the pros. there bowl record is usually good. this year 6-2 with a second consec nat championship within its grasp. at Miiss St. and Kentucky as damn good teams after all the big boys they have florida, lsu, bama (on its way up), auburn. Georgia, Tenn not even mentionaing Spurrier at SC no slouch even though they finished bad. oh yea arkansas too.

Let's not forget Sylvester Croom (my choice for SEC coach of the year) and the bulldogs either.

But see, therein lies the rub....half or better of those football champions would not have been had they played in as tough a conference as the SEC top to bottom. Miami won their's in the big East when it was a joke. The Pac 10 has always been one or two good teams and a bunch of runts. Much like the Big Ten was the Big 2 and little 8 until Penn State joined and even my beloved Nittany Lions haven't challenged as much as I thought they would. In the Big 12 Oklahoma was down for years as was Texas. Now they're both back and Nebraska sucks. None of these conferences, collectively, are anywhere as tough (or "dominant") top to bottom as the SEC.

i only commented on football but for sure this year there is no debate the SEC is best top to botton

Just look at head to head matchups. That pretty much validates it. Penn State (Big Ten) beats Texas A & M (Big 12). Alabama (SEC) beats Colorado (Big 12). WVU (Big East) crushes Oklahoma (Big 12). There are exceptions (Missouri trouncing Arkansas and Kansas upsetting Va Tech) and even the Big Ten has beaten and been competitive against the SEC (Michigan beating Florida, Wisconsin playing Tennessee close).

i only got in this argument stating the sec is the best conforence in football. being the best doesnt mean dominant. THEY ARE 6-2 IN BOWLS SO FAR DEF GONNA HAVE 2 TEAMS IN TOP 5 AT THE WORST.

Wisconsin didn't beat UT either, Vols won 21-17. And I do think Florida would beat any team in the Big 12. Auburn would beat most. Tennessee would beat most. LSU would beat them all, as would Georgia. Kentucky would beat several. Mississippi State would beat a few. Alabama would do very well in the Big 12. The Razorbacks, despite their cotton bowl meltdown would do ok. Arkansa's game against Missouri was an aberration and they didn't come to play, Nutt had left, McFadden was thinking about Sundays. All I'm saying is that ANY Big 12 team playing an SEC schedule would get beaten regularly and never go througj the conference unscathed.

Anyone find it curious that Seahawks are favored yet most all the "pundits" as well as regular fans are picking the Skins in a minor upset? If the actual betting moves the line and everyone thinks that Wash will continue winning on momentum and a new found cohesiveness, then why isn't Wash favored?

Anyway, its fifteen minutes to game time and I will be rooting for Wash and the Giants this weekend to make three NFC East teams in the second round of the Playoffs. That would be nice. That and the Boys playing them a third time.

Gotta love those arch rivalries huh Pimp?

Norm

You're right, we don't agree. If I were a homer I'd say the Big 10 is the best conference since my two favorite teams reside there. I only say the SEC is the best conference in football because, top to bottom, it is. Are you sure, Big 12 guy, you're not the homer? ;) :D

You know I'm just ribbin' ya right?!

Redskin's wild ride comes to an end

Skins sure had their chances, especially after they recovered that kickoff. Can't make big mistakes in a road playoff game and the missed fg and the int returns for tds were too much to overcome. Oh well, considering what they overcame this season it was a testament to what a great coach Gibbs is that they even made it. Barring injuries to the offensive line again, next season should be even better. Even though they lost I couldn't be more proud of them.

I guess now, for me, it's GO PACKERS since, if the Redskins can't win it, I'd like to see Favre win another ring before he hangs it up.

By the way, Pooch, congratulations on your Scarlet Knights bowl victory.

Sorry pimp

The magic is over. 35-14 'hawks.

Yeah but it was much closer than that. In fact, had the Skins converted that kickoff recovery, I almost guarantee they'd have won as they'd have been up 21-13 with 8 minutes to go and all the momentum. Oh well, gives Romo and the Boys a chance at redemption against the team that sent them packing last year (if Seattle can upset Green Bay). Maybe Dallas will actually win a playoff game for the first time in a decade. ;)

There is a reason Todd Collins hadn't started a games in many years.....Collinsworth saying he performance was "spectacular" is truly idiotic. I wonder what adjective he would use to describe a QB whose team actually won the game and who hadn't thrown 2 pick-sixes? (PS: Tony Dungy owes the Browns and the NFL an apology for the end of game travesty of not using his final time out on a 4th down Titans play late in the game. Compare the Colts effort to that of the Giants v NE. Absolutely no playoff implications were riding on the Giants game and they did not have a bye week yet they played the hearts out for the entire game.)

Sorry for the illiteracy above. I flamed...too emotional about the Browns I guess.

The Browns can't bitch one bit about the Colts. Don't lose to the Raiders or the Bengals instead of putting all your hopes in a team who'd already clinched and well within their rights to rest their players.

Dallas

Your right about the blue and white's lack of recent playoff suck-sess. If my 'boys do fall in turn Im all for the Packers too.

I am feeling all warm and fuzzy on the departure of the lavendar and old..I mean burgundy and gold. : )

Users who are viewing this thread