Thread about Sports

• Thread starterPooch
  • Start date

Pooch

Slut Lover!
Beloved Member
May 11, 2006
If you dont like sports and only came here for IR discussions, that is certainly understandable just skip this thread, and enjoy talking about cucks and hot wives.

anybody need a ticket to see Beckham play in Houston in 2 weeks..oh yea he is hurt and wont play. well maybe posh will be there.

Any/all sports related comments/thoughts wanted.

I don't understand the thread about sports unless we're using white sluts as 1/2 time enterainment......

well some of us regulars to DC got tired of just talking/arguing about Cucks/Fakes and other freaks on here. there are plenty of threads for you Marc, enjoy.

Just an hour and a half away until the game starts and the Skins move toward 2-0. 66% of all 2-0 teams have made the playoffs since the NGL merged between the AFL & NFL. Good omen for us!

I'm not one to gloat or rub it in so I'll just say it's great to get a division win on the road and great to be 2-0. The Eagles and Gmen are two games back of us already and Gmen........you're next!!

i didnt watch the game (i get up at 4:30 am) but go ahead and gloat, you have scoreboard. I did hear sports commentators say positive things about J. Campbell, so you do obviously have a QB of the future there. As long as he avoids Rex Grossman like meltdowns, Skins should be competitive in most any game. championship material..i highly doubt it, but thats why they play the games. Luck with injuries plays so much into it. But unless injuries take down the Colts & Pats, surely one of them (maybe Steelers or somebody else could arise), but the AFC will again be highly favored in superbowl. Only 7.5 months till the 08 draft, but I wouldnt be shocked if giants upset the boys or skins this year, the NFL is so close anything can happen.

Not a gloater. I'm just glad the Redskins addressed depth this offseason. Lost two linemen to injury already and not missing a beat. One sack to a Jimmie Johnson led defense? That's awesome.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!!

just heard and found what i consider a reliable College Football Poll called "Master Coaches Survey" 15 top past college coaches are going to the games, then analyzing game films, then talking as a group over conference call, then putting together a reliable poll, unlike coaches and/or sports writers polls where they dont see the games, just go by highlites and past name! ck it out ...

LOL. it was a joke about 1/2 times ........besides everyone knows the seahawks will triumph soon enough LOL

Such a poll is long overdue. If they would have had one in place in the past maybe Joe Pa would not have been screwed out of 4 national titles.

todays bcs system is way better than what they used to have when PSU didnt win titles they may/may not have been entitled too (I think there were 2 they had real claim too)., but until it is played out on field its still another human poll...these coaches got wisconsin over PSU... Just based on who teams have/have not played so far, and how they have looked, OSU, Boston College, and Clemson should all be ahead of both Wisc and Texas. and Texas..they have now become the Cinci Bengals of college, another guy got arested today. Mack Brown keeps getting raises, but his program (built to be one of top 3-4 in college right now) is running out of control. and now McNabb is talking racism on HBO tonight....another idiot who needs to just get healthy and win a game, and keep his mouth shut.

Penn State has had legitimate claim to 6 national titles (that's how many times they have fielded unbeaten times; SIX!!!) and yet they've only been awarded two. Back then there was a clear bias against eastern football (much more prevalent in the 60's and 70's but still somewhat existent today as the South, Midwest and Far West get all the hype).

The most blatant miscarriage of justice in this regard was either 1969 or 1970 when President Nixon did a coin flip between Texas and Penn State to determine the national title. Are you kidding me? A coin flip by the President????? How does that even come close to decisively crowning a champion???

The injustice done to the nittany Lions in 1994 was almost as bad as they dropped from #1 to #2 for not beating Indiana "badly enough." That allowed Nebraska to leap frog them. Both went on to go undefeated but, instead of having co-national champions, as it should have been, the Cornhuskers won the title.

That '94 PSU team was special too; Kerry Collins, Kijana Carter, Kyle Brady, Bobby Ingram and a suffocating defense. It was one of the best college teams ever assembled. The BCS system is better than what has been but a true champion will not be crowned until teams decide it on the field: aka a playoff!

It's funny how guys, when real struggles set in after years of unimpeded glory, start playing the blame game. I just never would have expected it out of McNabb. There are tons of players I could see going this route (Terrell Owens for starters) but not McNabb. He always seemed above such petty nonsense.

Just a couple of NFL notes: Atlanta, after the Matt Schaub fiasco, has signed Byron Leftwich. I think this is a good move and made early enough to possibly salvage something of an otherwise lost season. And the Dallas Cowboys signed Tank Johnson, bringing yet another player of questionable character into their locker room.

pimp not gonna argue how/when they got screwed (especially 1994 they were awesome), but since you obviously have a love affair with PSU and Joe 'gran' Pa, you need to know he only had 5 unbeaten seasons...and PSU has had 7 overall (1887 & 1912) . I know he is ancient but i dont think he was coaching the 1912 squad??? I guess it must burn you that Bowden has more wins then him?? and I guess they are fighting it out to see who lives..i mean coaches longer... seriously i got lots of respect for the guy...just wondering why he never had a national ad campaign for Grecian Formula? Also Tank Johnson is made for the Cowboys..most everybody in Texas carries guns! McNabb is just another idiot ball player who spoke before he thought, and he is hurt (his feelings) about them drafting Kolb, and him being hurt. Philly is wrong city for him to create this controversy, especially now they are 0-2 and he basically sucked and lost game for them with his lousy play last night. I'm thinking he will be looking good in the Bears uniform next year.
Also, Tank Johnson is made for the Boys...most everybody in Texas carries a gun!

That only means he's been screwed out of 3 national championships instead of four then. The ones to Texas and Nebraska particularly piss me off. Those were just complete lunacy and very insulting. If there are two undefeated teams, at least until there's a playoff, then there should always be co-national champions. Period.

Given the current circumstances at both schools I think it's just a matter of time before Joe Pa reclaims the lead. He and Bowden go back and forth. Whoever lives/coaches longer will obviously get that record.

It used to be mandatory, to be on the Cowboys roster, that you had to have a criminal record which included at least one felony (Irvin, Lett, Newton, Stepnowski,etc). I guess they are going back to that in order to reclaim their glory days. Now they just need Barry Switzer back to coach 'em up (I actually like Switzer to a small degree).

The Bears have a capable quarterback who is smart with the football and has a strong football linneage even if he isn't spectacular in his play. But Lovie has made too strong a stand backing Rex and is now afraid he'll look like an ass if he puts Griese in. I know Griese isn't Marino or even his father but he's above average. I'd sure take him on the Redskins as a back-up to Campbell rather than Methusaluh Brunell!

easy on the boys pimp, mule is out there reading this...lol you forgot Bob Hayes, and Erik Williams) ..hey im sure we can find Redskins and Giants who have skeletons too so lets be fair. As much as I hate boys, they also have produced some very classy players/men (tom landry..well he came from Giants!, Aikman, Emmit, Staubach, Calvin Hill..some real role models). Well if they had the BCS system all those years they would have been able to play in a championship game and prove it on field, at least they have that now..unless 3 teams go undefeated...but the preseason polls really skew the ratings...especially when/we have a season with only 1 or 0 undefeateds..which is my hope every year, so we get closer to impending playoff. Grossman is football dumb everyone says which messes up his talent..when he is good he is great, when he is bad, he is the worst (like in superbowl) He is gone after this year, i would bet on that. Problem with Griese his career is he cant take hits and stay healthy otherwise he be starter for someone. Just cant rely on him for a season. Mets and Red Sox better start looking forward not in rear view mirrors.

The Redskins have had a few (most notably Dexter Manley and Tony Peters). But for the most part, especially under Gibbs, they have been a team young people could look up to and be proud to emmulate (Mann, Monk, Green & Gibbs himself). I'd recommend anyone read Gibbs book "Racing to Win." It changed my life in several ways!

I can already see a shit storm with the BCS this season, Pooch. USC, LSU, Oklahoma and potentially one or two other teams (including Penn State) going undefeated. Just another monkey wrench in big time colle football's plans!

Boston will be alright but the Mets........better pray they don't have any games left with the Phillies.

it always seems that way early in season but by season end it usually sorts itself out with the BCS deal. LSU and Florida play each other in few weeks (and prob in there champ game), as does Cal and USC, WVU & Rutgers ..Oklahoma prob has easiest run to no losses with only Texas (I guess nebraska but we saw what an offensive line can do to them) PSU has tough road games (dont look past michigan now this weekend on road) and OSU, wisc. yet. as do all those teams, so i dont see anyone out of Big Ten undefeated..yea i know you have Joe Pa playing in the superbowl vs redskins but I want to see it first. If Kirk Herbstreit knows anything we both should feel good cause he got PSU ranked 5th and thinks RU will win the big east. The Mets are just riding a slump, have easy schedule left and will win, as will the Sox, but its fun to make Boston sweat. fyi, reyes (who I love) youre mvp choice has been in major slump in sept..not how you win mvp. its got to be between Fielder and Holliday, and then rollins...and the phils do deserve extra props for there comeback..no team has had more injuries than they have had...who would have thought that Aaron Rowand would be 30/100 guy, not me..not even in that pathetic little ballpark. and go usa woman in world cup..there goalie is pretty hot, as are other chicks on other teams i have seen.

Holliday won't win it or even finish that high in the voting simply because the Rockies won't make the post season. Reyes and Wright will split votes. I think a dark horse candidate could be Aramis Ramirez of the Cubs if the Cubbies outlast the Brew Crew.

Penn State has most of their tough games at home with the exception of Michigan (who I am not overlooking and the game scares me to death) and Michigan State (both the Buckeyes and Badgers come to Happy Valley). LSU will beat Florida because it's in Death Valley, Cal is no challenge to USC nor is Texas to OU. That means at least 3 teams will likely go undefeated and one of them will get screwed just like Auburn did when JASON CAMPBELL was their wquarterback and led them to a 13-o season.

And sorry, Pooch, WVU is the class of the Big East. I don't think Rutgers can beat them even in Piscataway!

Holliday will surely be in the top 3 of voting. He has been amazing..leads in batting, hits, dbls, total bases..4th in hrs....etc etc..every top category. only player close to him all around this year has been ramirez...Hanley...Aramis doesnt even deserve to be in top 8, he has had a good year, certainly nothing special, especially after his big contract. and look out bosox...we are now in drafting position getting ready to make attempt at a pass, not that it really matters for both are in the playoffs, but i still love watching them sweat.

also..i havent said one thing bout rutgers other than im just so pleased to see there progress and all the publicity they are getting. they are getting pub everywhere. WVU is clearly beatable unless they sure up that pourous defense. if you think Cal cant upset USC, or maybe Oregon..well that isnt being real.. OSU is still team to beat until they are knocked off, they have been class of that conference since Tressle got there, and that will be great game especially if both teams (psu) are undefeated at the time. If LSU gets bye Florida at home..well they still will prob have to beat them again on neutral field to go to the championship game..and OU/Texas is such a rivalry game you never know..even though texas looks like crap so far...so much can happen with turnovers injuries, any team is vulnerable and there is alot of parity... I dont think 3 teams will be undefeated.