• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Thread about Sports

• Thread starterPooch
  • Start date
Just as I will feel the same once Dallas does their annual playoff choke job. ;)

This warm and fuzzy

..is pretty intense though. Considering all the DC area sports radio and TV stations were coming up with these ridicilous predictions for the game today. Not to mention our local paper. (I know they are THE team around these parts...but they were so lusciously wrong) . =p So Im warm here,warm and fuzzy to the nth degree. Mmmm mmm.

I'd wager no more warm and fuzzy than Skins fans are when Dallas loses. ;)

Wand Fuzzy...

...and the wife promised me head if her Redskinnys lost. Foolish ( and gorgeous) Girl.:clap:

First Downs Wash 21 Sea 14

TOTAL NET YARDS Wash 319 Sea 304

NET YARDS PASSING Wash 244 Sea 227

NET YARDS RUSHING Wash 75 Sea 77

TIME OF POSSESSION Wash 34:15 Sea 25:45

Several moments in that 4th quarter doomed the Skins. The biggest, obviously, was recovering the kickoff at the Seahawk 14 and not getting any points. Cooley dropped a pass on 1st down that would given them first and goal at the two and a likely score which would have put them ahead 21-13 with less than 8 minutes to play. Next was Suisham missing the 30 yard fg. A 17-13 lead would have still meant Seattle would have had to get a touchdown.

Then, after Laron Landry's 2nd pick of Hasslebeck on the Redskin 9, Washington had to go three and out and punt from their own end zone and into the wind. That gave Seattle the ball at Washington's 42. After the go-ahead td came the next critical mistake. Seller's penalty on Cartwright's ko return negated starting at the Seahawk 34 with 5:56 to go. Instead we start on our half of the field.

The final nail in the coffin came the very next play. Trufant's 78 yard int return. Moss had no idea where the ball was or he could have turned db and broken up the pass and saved possession more than likely. The last TD was insignificant and came in garbage time. Bottom line is Washington had plenty of chances and very well could have (maybe should have?) won this game. But they didn't and Seattle escapes. They Seahawks, to take nothing away from them, negated Portis and harassed Collins all day.

A great game that was far closer than the final score indicates.

Hail to the Skins for overcoming more adversity than any one team should have to face and making the playoffs, for the 2nd time in Gibbs 4 years back, in spite of it!!

pimpology101 said:
The Browns can't bitch one bit about the Colts. Don't lose to the Raiders or the Bengals instead of putting all your hopes in a team who'd already clinched and well within their rights to rest their players.

Pimp you are right about the Browns blowing their chance, especially against the Bengals when it was all laid out in front of them. It was a choke job and Derek Anderson looked like a 6th round draft pick/waiver pick in that game. I was pissed and still am about them losing a game they had no business losing.

Also, I absolutely do not have a problem with Tony Dungy only playing his starters for a half (though I wonder why no coach has ever considered resting his starters for the first half and playing the starters in the 2nd half). I have a problem with him not doing all he can at the end of the game to win. Al Michaels was incredulous that the Colts did not use their last timeout on a 3rd down play. Immediately after the game Dungy said he was proud that the AFC south had 3 teams in the playoffs. Under the circumstances of the final minute, that just sounded bad. Also, this week Kerry Collins said he was ready to call a run on the play in an effort to get the 1st down, but got a message from HIS sideline telling him that the Colts would not use their final timeout, so he took a knee. That is the definition of collusion and it is a shot at the integrity of the NFL.

I know this is sour grapes on my part but I also know that if the Giants had done the same thing against New England, you know Coughlin would have caught hell. A link to Collin's comments: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22487240/

(Would the the Skins be interested in Derek Anderson for a 1st and 3rd round picks?)

Seeing as how Jason Campbell is the franchise quarterback and Collins has proven himself a more than capable back-up (at a young 36) plus having Carson Palmer's younger brother on the depth chart, I can see no circumstance where the Skins would sacrifice that much for Anderson. The Bears and a few other teams might but I don't think the Browns would be wise to part with him.

also, living in Ohio, I'm a rare Buckeye who likes both the Browns and Bengals. I always have. Of course being a Redskin fan for the last 33 years, I'm not really invested in either one which is why I can like both. From Ken Anderson to Brian Sipe, Isaac Curtis and Clay Mathews (my all-time favorite linebacker), I've rooted for both provided they weren't playing the Skins. So with that said I was disappointed the Browns missed out on the playoffs; especially considering how well they played when they weren't expected to be or do much.

I hope they can build on the season they had and, with any luck, both they and the Bengals can be perennial playoff teams in the AFC.

pimp pimp oh pimp how did it come to this excuse after excuse shame on you after all that talk about my cowboys shame shame LOL

I didn't make any excuses. The game was what it was. I still think the Redskins are the better team and they did have a chance to win and that's all they or their fans could've asked for. I've not said anything about Dallas that isn't true as even Norm, Mule and Chick will tell you. Skins pounded em two weeks ago and Dallas hasn't played well in weeks. They better figure out what's wrong fast or they still will not have won a playoff game in 13 years.

for once and i can say my analysis was right on. pimp todd collins is a below ave nfl qb thats what he was, and thats why we hadnt seen him for so long. he didnt play horrible yesterday, but made the key mistakes to kill them, but other than that short 2 touchdown spurt, they were beaten soundly. there is no QB controversy in Wash!
Seattle does have players btw. but will lose on road where they not same team in GB. SD will take out Tenn and then NE must deal with rough Jax team who loves to run which is NE biggest weakness. Jax is set up for cold weather ball will make a real game for them next week. Giants are gonna get beat today and Dallas will wipe up TB and then beat Farve and Dallas will meet..Colts who will beat SD and upset NE and beat Cowboys in SuperBowl and repeat... "I had a Dream" ...dont put any money on it, I'm not!

imagine what the Trailblazers could be doing if they had Oden? hate the Celts but Garnett is fun to watch. NBA is still mostly unwatchable until last 4 min of most games.
Spring training is not far away!!!!

pimp that missed fg def hurt yesterday.

I don't think it's a fair assessment of Todd Collins at all, especially given the lack of quality quarterbacks in the league. He's a career back-up yes, but he's a quality one. If he wasn't Washington would never have been in the playoffs to begin with. His play did not get the Redskins beat. You can put that on Suisam and the offensive line.

As far as your predictions go.......I don't think you'll be right on any of 'em but San Diego so smart not to put any money on your I had a dream predictions! LOL

You may be using reverse psychology but I think the Giants beat Tampa Bay. New Englad will likely go 19-0 and win the Super Bowl. To prevent that I'd almost root for Dallas to beat them if Dallas actually gets there (highly doubtful given their recent play and playoff ineptitude).

Told you the Gmen would beat Tampa Bay. The Giants are road tested and that Buc offense is anemic as hell.

Doom and Gloom for the Blue Star?

I dont really like the idea of the 'boys having to play the same opponent for the 3rd time. Unless TO plays ,( I understand he may NOT be ready) and there is intense pressure on Manning you have to like the Giant's chances.

I think the 'blue and white' may still be a couple years away from being truely in the elite.

Pimp: You just might be having that warm and fuzzy feeling in about a week.

I'll get it eventually whether it's in the playoffs or the Super Bowl so I'm not worried about if but rather when. ;)

happy to be wrong bout giants..all i know is they will show up in Dallas.

I would rather have had a third game with the Skins but I'll take a third game with the Giants. I think the "Boys" will take it with their defense. TO and Glenn will be just average receivers with their bum legs. But still too much talent (twelve pro bowlers) to go out in the first round unless Wade really fucks it up. I think Dallas can shake up Manning real good.

Gotta hand it to Coughlin for bringing the kitchen sink to the Pats last week. With nothing on the line I would have rested the players. Gotta respect him.

Indy absolutely can come into Foxboro and beat the Pats. We are all hoping for really bad weather here if they do come. It would hinder Indy's passing game, their speed and their timing since they are a finnese team.

Indy is definitely capable and so is Jacksonville. Don't think Indy will have a cakewalk with the Bolts though. But I just think the Pats have accomplished too much to let up now.

Pimp stats like that are for losers. Seattle made many more big plays on both sides of the ball, and the final score indicated that. SD is a formidble team but I like indy at home, rested.

They made one or two more plays total. That game was as close as a cock hair and you know it.

Users who are viewing this thread