• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Thread about Sports

• Thread starterPooch
  • Start date
pimpology101 said:
I'm man enough to eat some crow when there's a full plate of it in front of me. But, in my defense, I didn't know the Redskins would be without 2 of their top 3 cornerbacks and a linebacker. Still, it likely wouldn't have made any difference. Not when you give a team like New England 24 points off of turnovers. I think Bellechick did the Skins a small favor in running up the score or at least I hope he did; with any luck the Redskins will take this humiliation and play angry for a few weeks. At least we have the Jets next week. And I still say the Skins will make the playoffs and challenge for the division title.

I feel that all Wash has to do is win 9 games and they should get in as a wild card. "Boys" should win at least 10, probably 11. Won't matter much if the Pats make it to the SB. I don't see anyone from the NFC challenging them unless the "Boys" find themselves a secondary by year end.

Next week could be game of the year.

I don't think they ran up the score. In this day and age when teams score 9 points in 20 seconds like Dallas did, how much lead is safe? Besides, when you are the number 1 offense and you play the number 1 defense, you want to make a point, an example. Its tough for a passing team to just "turn it off." I think playing at home makes a difference too with the fans screaming for more.

Did you notice though how matter of fact they are. Just deadly efficiency. They know that it don't mean a thing if you don't win the big one.

A whole lot of talent on both sides of the ball with a lot of players that can play multiple positions. They may lose one game in the regular season but I would be surprised if they lose two unless a whole lot of injuries crop up. By the end of the season they may very well have the number 1 "O" and the number 1 "D" as they force teams out of their game plans and force them to start passing when they get behind. Defenses love that.

I will say it again, we could be watching one of the greatest teams of our lifetimes this year. History could very well be happening each week before our eyes.

Norm

I do think New England ran up the score and Bellechick's been guilty of it before. There are legitimate reasons he's widely regarded as an ass around the league. When you're up 38-0 in the 4th quarter and only 9 minutes are left you don't go for it on 4th down and throw in the end zone.

But I concur on all other points. This is the best team I have seen since my own beloved 1991 Skins.

Another very curious Patriot moment pointed out by Troy Aikman......Washington's headsets went out and they could not communicate from the booth to the field yet New England, as rules state, did not turn theirs off. Just another reason to question Bellechick and his underhanded ways. Note I am not saying that had any bearing on the game at all. In fact it had none so why do it? As head & shoulders above everyone else as they are they didn't need to spy either. But then again their coach is a paranoid, dictator with a God complex.

Damn...I also have to agree.

pimpology101 said:
I do think New England ran up the score and Bellechick's been guilty of it before. There are legitimate reasons he's widely regarded as an ass around the league. When you're up 38-0 in the 4th quarter and only 9 minutes are left you don't go for it on 4th down and throw in the end zone.

But I concur on all other points. This is the best team I have seen since my own beloved 1991 Skins.

Another very curious Patriot moment pointed out by Troy Aikman......Washington's headsets went out and they could not communicate from the booth to the field yet New England, as rules state, did not turn theirs off. Just another reason to question Bellechick and his underhanded ways. Note I am not saying that had any bearing on the game at all. In fact it had none so why do it? As head & shoulders above everyone else as they are they didn't need to spy either. But then again their coach is a paranoid, dictator with a God complex.

Regrettably, I must concur with you, pimp. NE is trying to make a statement. It smacks of a greedy dynasty team when you have players like Donte Stallworth, Randy Moss, Tom Brady, et al.

If the Cowboys had made the needed plays and beat the Patriots, we wouldn't be seeing them face off with the Colts for undefeated bragging rights next week.

Damn...and I'll say: :wtf:

To quote a phrase from a former pro wrestler: Somebody Call My MOMMA! :call:

The Patriots are better than that. Their coach may not be but I always thought better of their players as they all exude class for the most part. Rodney Harrison is an exception as he may be the dirtiest player in the league.

pimpology101 said:
There are legitimate reasons he's widely regarded as an ass around the league.

As head & shoulders above everyone else as they are they didn't need to spy either. But then again their coach is a paranoid, dictator with a God complex.

He is a classless ass, heartless and a bully and if he were a losing coach he would be tough to stomach all right. But in some ways it must be tough for a "nice guy" type to coach in the NFL. Look at Pete Carroll for an example.

What type of personality must it take to control a football team? Some of these coaches are just as much prima donna's as some of their players (Can you say Bill Parcells). Especially when everyone is calling you a genius. They all seem to have some quirks in their personalities.

But the bottom line is, love him or hate him, if he wins another SB this year or next, he will go down as one of the greats along with Lombardi, Landry, Knoll and (shit, brain block) the one from Miami. Besides, the players love him. The great coaches I named above were feared by their players not beloved. So maybe there is something about Bill B. that doesn't come through on TV and on the sidelines. He has a way of making the team circle the wagons in shared paranoia. "Us against them. Chip on the shoulder. They don't respect us. Play hard till the last minute." When you hold that SB trophy up high, it was all worth it.

Dallas has talent on both sides of the ball, Wash has defense, Colts have offense but the Pats are on a mission. And I don't see anyone stopping them.

Norm

How could you omit Joe Gibbs from your list, Norm?

And I agree...........the Pats seem like the best team in football this year without a doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Norm did have a brain block with the Miami coach...

pimpology101 said:
How could you omit Joe Gibbs from your list, Norm?

And I agree...........the Pats seem like the best team in football this year without a doubt.

Pimp, let Norm know he forgot Don shula, the coach of Miami.

Hope that helped the brain Block. lol

Miami hold the record for a perfect 16-0 season, but if Bill B has his way, this record wil eventually fall, like the 56-game hit streak will ultimately have if SOMEONE gets their act together. (I mean A-ROD!)

Pardon my being on the soap box.

Trivia question: Who is the ONLY coach in NFL history to win 3 super bowls with 3 different starting quarterbacks?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's Cowboy week for the Eagles and the boys are 3 point favorites. The 3 and 4 Eagles were favored in everygame until now and I'm expecting them to play with more determination and get the win. But what the hell do I know. I just returned from 2 football weekends in Vegas and had some manors laid on me. But I expect the NFC East is going to tighten up in the next few weeks. The Skins should take care of business against the Jets and the G men don't play. Don't count the Eagles out yet. In the past few years they've been slow starters and strong finishers.

Skins ain't gonna do shit what you want to watch is The eagles and Giants as the Cowboys can have trouble with these teams. Hell the jets could beat the skins who knows it all depends on the day but I don't think the Skins are gonna make the playoffs this year. You are right the eagles has a way of slidding up the ladder.

The Skins will make the playoffs. The have a relatively winnable schedule even if they lost Rodgers for the year. They just need to right the ship, get healthy and not play the Patriots. That defense is still the class of the NFC!

Hail!!

pimpology101 said:
Think Landry's biggest rival......;)

The Giants after he left coaching them. Go Boys

pimpology101 said:
The Skins will make the playoffs. The have a relatively winnable schedule even if they lost Rodgers for the year. They just need to right the ship, get healthy and not play the Patriots. That defense is still the class of the NFC!

Hail!!
That hot defense just came off giving up 52 big ones lets see the boys have a poor defense but I don't think they gave up 52 big ones and they did score more then 7 ah nothing like a hot plate of crow for supper.

You really see much of a difference in 48 and 52 mulie?

And no, not the Giants. The ONLY coach to win 3 super bowls with a DIFFERENT staring QB each time is Joe Gibbs. Not Bellechick. Not Landry. Not Knoll. Not Jimmy Johnson. Not Walsh. Not Lombardi. Not Shula. Not Cowher.

JOE GIBBS!!!!!!! ;)

Rankings mean very little, especially in week 8. I'm more concerned with the team's perception of itself than I am any so called experts at this point.

pimpology101 said:
Rankings mean very little, especially in week 8. I'm more concerned with the team's perception of itself than I am any so called experts at this point.
God Damn old Pimp here is sounding like George Bush when the media gets a going on his ratings. George also says they mean very little. Hey Norm don't you agree ole Pimp kinda has that defensive tone about him and the skins?

football seasons, much like elections, play themselves out. we'll see who among us has the last laught. ;)

Norm do you know that if the Jets beat the Skins this weekend the only pics we will see of Pimp is him bent over head in the sand and his bare ass a showing with I can't eat no more crow wrote on it. He will go into severe depression no doubt manic and not postpartum. We can only hope for a Jets win. Go Boys

Users who are viewing this thread