• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Thread about Sports

• Thread starterPooch
  • Start date
Pooch forget Iowa wow another three players this week are gonna be charged with sexual assault little party in the frat house got out of hand. Oh and by the way our Iowa coach is the highest paid person in the State of Iowa this year. He is speechless about his team so far this year this will be sixth player in trouble with the law. To top it off Kurt says yesterday one more win and we can be in a Bowl Game. How many Bowl Games are there now big fucking deal the Rose Bowl is what counts. By the way the Alamo Bowl loves Iowa see you there.

Actually the Alamo Bowl is likely Penn State's destination. Was set to be the outback bowl but looks like Wisconsin will get that bid even though we destroyed them 38-7.

Hay Pimp now what do you think of my Cowboy's oh yes ride ym hard and put them away wet ehhaaaaaa

a trip to the river walk in San Antonio is a good time for anybody trust me. I went to one of the first Alamo bowls bout 10 years ago and saw Iowa shut out Texas Tech. Its a good place to see a game. BTW Iowa has nice uniforms at least..lol

come on pimp, ive seen PSU games this year and they dont have talent like they used too...or if they do and i missed it, it is because the QB and OL are so below average....from what i have seen they do not have speed on offense to compete with the better teams. (typical of most Big Ten teams ..at least this year) .thats my observations..and from what i have heard from the so called experts...they are and always will be solid on D....even in bad years....and replacing a QB no matter how much talent you have coming back is still tough thing to do..especially if he is freshman coming in?
I woould venture to say that Iowa would fire Ferenz prob but cant afford to pay him off/buy him out...or they happy with what they have for all that money???????
And if they do fire him, how much better can any other coach do there? Frye was a hall of fame coach and how many Rose Bowls (conference championships) did he get to? but most of his career was befor PSU joined the league and Purdue and Wisconsin decided to play football for real too i think, so he was mainly just battling OSU and MI year in year out..now its so much more competitive.

Hows this for a thought...5 or so or more years from now we can visit Cooperstoon and what will be missing???? Plaques for the All Time Hit Leader & All Time HR Leader ..something to think on.

here's my big upset special....dial 1-800......--its free..lmao Jets upsetting Steelers.

It was in the paper today that Penn State is likely headed to the Alamo bowl. Hell, Iowa has to beat a MAC team (hardly a given) just to get to a bowl game. The toilet bowl is a nice consolation! LOL

What do I think of the Cowboys? Not much. ;)

The Hawkeyes, given all their youth and injuries, have salvaged their season somewhat. They’ll be back to their normal Hawkeye selves next year which is 3rd to 5th best team in the conference like always. Their uniforms, while not as awesome as the Nittany Lions, are pretty decent.

Derek Williams was a top 3 recruit nationally and has Olympic speed in the 100. Deon Butler runs a 4.4 forty. They just don’t have anyone to get them the ball. That is not entirely an indictment of Morelli because yes, you’re right; Penn State’s offensive line hasn’t been the dominating unit it once was. That being said they are better than average and the entire line is back next year fully in tact. The heir apparent to Morelli is a freshman so will be a sophomore next year. Said to be in the mold of Juice Williams as far as athletic ability but a better passer.

Just three or four years ago Farentz was national coach of the year and the hottest coach on the circuit. Now listen to the fickle fans. He’s a good coach and does as well as, if not better, than any other coach could do in Iowa City. Face it, who wants to play in children of the cornville? No one is going to win a national title there so you can either keep him and get your overachieving 8-9 wins most season or replace him and struggle to win 5-7.

I never was a fan of Pete Rose although I grew up watching him play and saw the Reds 5 or 6 times a year at Riverfront Stadium. I think now, as I did then, that he is an arrogant, concieted, pompous ass-clown. Still, that being said, he’s more than paid his dues and deserves induction into Cooperstown. No one played the game harder or loved it more. Bonds, on the other hand, is an entirely different story. He mocked the game, lied and cheated his way to the most hallowed record in all of sports. Hank knew what the rest of us did all along and refused to acknowledge the self-absorbed narcissist who now likely faces prison time. Wipe his name from the books and give Hammerin’ Hank back his record because he earned it fairly unlike Bonds. And another point about Rose….Steve Howe can fail EIGHT drug tests and continually get reinstated to the game while Pete is the pariah of baseball because he bet on his team to win every game?? Give me a damn break!!

IOWA CITY PRESS CITIZEN Notice Coach Farentz is leaving Iowa to replace Joe Gibbs as head coach. Please bring a covered dish and join the children of Cornville wishing him a big fairwell.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have covered dishes in Iowa? Thought they had covered wagons......

SaltandPepper98 said:
What do they play in Iowa? Golf? You mean they play football in Iowa? Oh I get it, the Iowa band is going to the Alamo Bowl. You almost had me there MuleMan.

Norm
Hey Norm this dumb ass coach is still saying it isn't over yet we might get a bowl just one more game. In Iowa the main sport is cow chip throwing contest. See you put a helmet on and one team throws the cow chip down to the other then they all try and fight to see who comes up with the cow shit. You and Pimp ought to see the tail gateing with the covered wagons man it is fun we all have a fiddler playing and dance around the bond fire before the chip toss. Oh don't forget we pass the jug. OK so much for Iowa but seeing how no one else brought this up who won yesterday between the BOYS AND skins didn't see any post from Pimp. Can you believe the Jets yesterday also now I did hear that score. Oh well how big of Crow you having for Thanksgiving Pimp ole boy let me send ya a Turkey starting to feel alittle sorry here maybe I could get Norm and Pooch to kick a little in and get ya a pie also. Your Buddy Muleman

Fuck This!!!!! I am so sick of getting timed out. I just spent time on about six paragraphs and lost everything again. Fuck it.

Why does it do that??????????????????????????????

pimp i respect youre fantasicm and how you bleed Blue/White and Red/Gold but yea yea yea all those national recruits..just like ND...and no developement or production..enough said about PSU. like i said before san antonio is a great place to party for couple days for a Bowl Game..you should go if you can...and the Skins, well they are in big time trouble now...behind 4 teams and tied with 2 others. however youre prediction of 11 wins pimp is still acheivable..lmao....but likely they are heading to either the Golf or Draft Bowl. just giving you a hard time...

for once i made the right pick and actually placed a bet on it at same time...won a wopping 20 bucks from a client of mine who is steelers fan.

no way Ferenz gets a head coaching job in NFL without being a coordinator first..what did he have 1 real good year and got the big contract so he wouldnt be stolen away. cant really blam Iowa, for that is how it is, but Paterno or Bowden or Spurrier or Parcels can only win so big at Iowa...year in year out they cant compete at the very top level. the skins would be stupid to replace Gibbs as he has built a solid foundation, and they could easily be very good next year, but if they tank down the stretch (very possible with there schedule), Sneider might look to make another change.

went to my first Texans game yesterday...Reliant Stadium is an awesome facility. ears are still ringing from the noise.

Not that i really care and havent watched a single game (although i did buy tix for Beckam game which he never played in) but I have to shout out the Houston Dyanmo for winning back to back MLS titles...ok 4 sentances for soccer is again too much for most people here so i will stop now...lol

I'm no bonds supporter by any stretch...but I'm not one of those who has made big deal about Roids and all of this..frankly i dont care about it...its pro sports..we want to see the best.....if he wasnt and hasnt always been such a mean spirited ass...the whole wolrd wouldnt hate him so much...he was hall of famer before he took any supplements, illegal or otherwise...and when that report comes out, you will likely be shocked at many other big names that will be listed as abusers...in the 70's -80's Rose and them were taking speed pills...and others Coke... Baseball records/stats are so skewed over past 15 years due to expansion, small stadiums, harder balls and bats (see anybody in this forum can enjoy this thread..lol), and athletes getting bigger stronger, and training year around. with or without steroids...hgh or whatever else is out there...chicks did the long ball...do i care that Bonds passed Henry Aaron..no...does it change what i think about Hank..no...do i know that he was one of the best players ever...of course...nothing will change that.....its all just sad....Bonds is just a fool for not hiring a PR firm years ago and fixing his reputation, but he is obviously too pompous for that..but I also think, he has been far singled out for the ills of steroids above and beyond.....statistically so far, more pitchers have been caught testing positive in baseball than regular players, so he was going up against cheaters also, so again I just dont worry about that..but again mostly caause he is just an SOB that everyone hates..which also has nothing to do with his color, and wants to see fail, but he didnt. its all just a shame. but lying in court well that deserves what ever he gets ..allegedly....peace out peeps

now that Carr is leaving Michigan, i expect LSU to get beat in the title game due to all the distractions they will now need to face while Les Miles is the obvious replacement..and there d coordiantor is one of the top choices for Nebraska and other jobs too...its all screwed up , i feel bad for the way it all works..but it will have a big effect on LSU preparation (assuming they dont stumble between now and then).

Frankly the Big ten is done..if all confeneces finished this past weekend...think how easy it would be to now have a 16 team tourney, culminating with the Jan 1 bowl games being semi finals, and playing a champ game during the off week before the superbow...ONE DAY.. i pray missouri beats kansas..and then loses in the title game to OK or whoever they play, and Georgia beats LSU or whatever and it is total chaos this year...

Kevin Everett got out of Hospital in Houston 10 weeks after he was paralized on that first play of the game in Bufallo..Pimp i am sure it was youre prayers that made the difference...seriously..its a nice story hear in Htown..and i guess everywhere.

I didn't expect to go in and win at Dallas yesterday to be honest. Especially with Sean Taylor missing the game. And no fan is ever happy about losing but I am as pleased as one can be with the way the Skins played yesterday. They finally opened up the offense and turned Campbell loose and he tore Dallas a new ass. Given a few plays here and there and Washington could have easily won the game (if Cooley doesn't drop that pass at the 5, if McIntosh's interception return to the Dallas 3 wasn't overturned and if Campbell doesn't throw that pick at the Dallas 15). It still boils down to a loss but we are only behind New York and Detroit for the wild card. The loss of Taylor just absolutely killed our secondary. Reed Doughty is good but only a 2nd year player making his first career start and he looked like a deer in the headlights on Owen's touchdowns.

I fully expect the Redskins to be 10-5 or 9-6 when Dallas visits for the rematch (no givens but I expect them to beat Tampa Bay, Chicago, Buffalo and Minnesota). We also hold tiebreakers over Arizona and Detroit because we beat them head to head (plus Detroit has 2 games left with the Packers and one with Dallas). Still, I'd much rather be 8-2 or 9-1 as we should be (4 of 5 losses by 23 ponts which is less than a touchdown per game).

And don't put LSU in the national championship game yet (there's a Bulldog team who gets to play in the Georgia Dome possibly waiting) or count out the Big Ten. I can forseee scenarios that would provide an Ohio State/West Virginia title game. Frankly, that would be one I'd love to see!

First downs: Washington 28 Dallas 19
Total net yards: Washington 423 Dallas 359
Yards per rush: Washington 3.6 Dallas 2.8
Punts: Washington 2 Dallas 4
Turnovers: Washington 2 Dallas 1

The same old story; Washington dominates a game but has to settle for field goals.

New York 24, Washington 17: blew a 17-3 halftime lead; mismanage clock and cannot score from first and goal at the 1

Green Bay 17, Washington 14: Green Bay’s only 2nd half points come on a 57 yard fumble return

Philadelphia 33, Washington 25: led 22-13 going into the 4th quarter; from first and goal at the 3, the play calling gets ultra conservative and they get a fg goal to go up 25-20 when a touchdown would have salted the game away.

Dallas 28, Washington 23: Chris Cooley drops a pass right in his gut that would have given the Skins a first and goal at the 4. Instead they settle for a fg. Campbell throws incomplete on 3rd down and then an interception on 4th at the Dallas 20. He had wide open running lanes on both downs to get the first down that would have probably led to the winning score.

I’m tired of the Redskins beating themselves. Easily should be 8-2 or 9-1. What’s done is done and can’t bitch about it-they just have to win 5 (or maybe just 4) of their last very winnable 6 games.

What'ya going to do?

Superbowls have been lost by the team that dominated statisically.

Statistics are immaterial

Final Score at 0:00 of the 4th Quarter=relevant

The Redskins did play very well though,so congradulations on that.

You're right, the only stat that matters is what the scoreboard reads at the end of a game. Still, they often tell the tale of the game. And in this instance it tells the Skins offense was clicking like it hadn't all season. Very good signs and why I'm both hopeful and confident they'll get on a roll. If they play like they did yesterday I think they can run the table.

I am not pleased with the way the "Boys" played. Granted Wash played a bit over their heads but thats expected because everyone brings their "A" game when they play Dallas. Its the whole attitude I don't like. Like its gone too far the other way from the Parcell days. They have to get serious. You can't keep giving away the first half of a game assuming you'll come back the second half. Especially when they hit the playoffs. I like an attitude like the Pats bring. Just get it done and go home.

Now Pimp, here is how I see it. Wash has Tampa, Buff, Chi, NYG, Minn, and Dallas left and they are 5 - 5 right now. Lets give them the split against Dallas as the "Boys" will have clinched by then and it won't be a must win so there is one win for Wash. Lets give them Tampa and Buff so there are two more wins. NYG and Minn will be fighting for playoff spots so there are two losses as Minn seems to have QB now. That leaves the pivotal game as Chi which should be a low scoring game and therefor could go either way. That leaves at the very most 9 wins but I still say 8 - 8 because I think either Tampa or Buff will upset. Probably Buff in Wash. Giants win 9 or 10, Dallas wins 11 or 12. Philly who cares.

I had thought all along that the "Boys" could beat Green Bay but now I am not so sure. They just do not have a Championship caliber defense. I figured they could pressure Farve into intercepts. The game with GB next week will be interesting and important as far as home field, but not crucial. They should meet again.

Pimp, did you see where Madden called Brady's performance this year the best he has ever seen including Montana? He has always thought that Montana was the best there ever was.

Norm

I don't think there's any way the Vikings beat the Redskins. Our run d is too good and they'll likely be without Peterson and no, they have yet to find a quarterback. They are done at 4-6 and facing NYG. I am most worried about Tampa Bay and their defense. Beyond them I think we can beat everyone we have left.

And yes, I heard Madden's comments but that's no great leap given Brady's success this year. He's having, BY FAR, the single greatest season in NFL history by a quarterback.

I don’t think the Skins played over their heads at all on Sunday. In fact, that was the type of performance both the team and the fans have expected all year long (but have only gotten occasionally). In Cooley, Moss, Randle-El and McCardell, the Redskins have a very talented cast of people to catch the ball. In Portis I believe they have the best running back in the NFC and Betts is a far better than average back-up. They have a very, very talented quarterback—albeit one still relatively green behind the ears. They have a good offensive line and that’s with two of their best lineman not playing.

On the other side of the ball they have an excellent defense which is particularly strong at linebacker and in the secondary. Granted without Taylor that secondary was significantly weakened on Sunday. All they need to do is sustain the momentum from Sunday’s offensive performance and carry it over to the last six games and duplicate it. If they can, and they get Taylor back quickly, this team will be a force to be reckoned with and I’m very confident that they’ll do so.

A few interesting stats I just found. The first one really caught my eye.

Stat of the Week No. 1: New England has 44 more touchdowns than San Francisco.

Stat of the Week No. 2 In its past two games, Detroit has a net total of 7 yards rushing.

Stat of the Week No. 3: There were three return touchdowns and 459 total return yards in the Arizona-Cincinnati game.

Stat of the Week No. 4: Miami has had 11 starting quarterbacks in the past five seasons.

Stat of the Week No. 5: Philadelphia rushed for more yards (202) than it passed for (150). Note: This is not a misprint.

Stat of the Week No. 6: Peyton Manning has thrown eight interceptions in his past three starts; he threw nine interceptions in the entire 2006 regular season.

Stat of the Week No. 7: Randy Moss had more touchdown catches in the first half at Buffalo (four) than all Bills wide receivers combined have (three) in the entire season.

Stat of the Week No. 8: (Bonus college stat) In Division I-A this season, 11 unranked teams have defeated a top-five team.

Stat of the Week No. 9: Oakland had a scoring drive of minus-14 yards.

Stat of the Week No. 10: Since taking the field in last season's NFC Championship Game, Chicago and New Orleans are a combined 9-14.

Users who are viewing this thread