• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Thread about Sports

• Thread starterPooch
  • Start date
Mulie, you talk loud and you talk a lot......but I never see you backing up any of your bold statements with any kind of a wager like solo did. How about this:

At the end of the season, once the Redskins have made the playoffs, you make your avatar a Redskin helmet. If they don't make it, which you're contending, I'll put (God forbid) a Cowgirl helmet up as my avatar?

Putcha money where ya mouth is old boy........:D

I can't wait to see the cowgirl helmet I'm sure Norm will be shocked.

Well it may very well...

... happen Pimp. The redsiks have two of their victories over two of the AFC's worse teams. And each of those took overtime. Their defense is bending some now...the offense practically moribund.

Their schedule may be easier than the COWBOYS though...

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as the offense continues to progress week by week and is able to run the ball, the defense will keep them in every game. I have to believe they will beat the Eagles next week. They should split with Dallas and beat Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Chicago and Minnesota. That's 11 wins right there.

pimpology101 said:
As long as the offense continues to progress week by week and is able to run the ball, the defense will keep them in every game. I have to believe they will beat the Eagles next week. They should split with Dallas and beat Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Chicago and Minnesota. That's 11 wins right there.

Wait a minute. The Skins are 5 - 3 now which means that to win the 11 games you think they are going to win, they have to win 6 of their final eight. Oooooookaaaaayyyyy.....How about this dose of reality. Wash is lucky to end up 8 - 8. Jints win 9 or even possibly 10 if all goes right and get in the playoffs via wild card. "Boys" win 10 to 12 and take division then barely beat Green Bay by pressuring Farve into 4 interceptions then lose SuperBowl to Pats 31 to 21.

I like your college picks (though my heart is with UConn vs Cinncy) but you just have to realize that in the pros, Wash is just not a good team this year. There is no time anymore to try to get better each week. I certainly don't think that they will beat both Minn and Chicago and maybe not even Tampa and if they lose to Buff then you should put up an avatar of Niagara Falls. Not to signify Buffalo but the flow of your tears.

Norm

A dose of reality? They went 5-3 in their first 8. A one game improvement with an easier half of the schedule when the team is getting injured players back and getting their running game reinvigorated is unrealistic? I think someone's been drinking the Jerry Jones (must be related to Jim) kool-aide again.......

Like I said......we'll see.........

Being one of the biggest University of Kentucky basketball fans alive, I just wanted to add that the 20th ranked Wildcats started of the Billy Gillespie reign in fine fashion with a 67-40 win over Central Arkansas. I BLEED BLUE!!! GO 'CATS!!

Not necessarily crowing about it. Just stating the new regime got off on the right foot. If your Jayhawks were replacing Self I'd expect that you'd be paying close attention to his replacement. ;)

Well you sure couldn't tell it by tonight's game. He suffered his first loss as UK coach in a humiliating fashion as the Cats lost GARDNER-WEBB 84-68. They shot horribly (36%) and played no defense at all. I know the nature of UK fans and they'll react in knee-jerk fashion and think his hiring was a mistake already. Patience, people, patience!!

Actually, no. He did take some guff for that. UK fans are crazy loyal. Aint nobody quite as passionate as Wildcat fans (no offense to jayhawks backers, Pukies or anyone else--it's just fact). They are crazier than most in both good and bad ways.

And 3-4 of those recruits are Gillespie's (Patterson, Legion, etc). Plus they have a very good returning nucleus with Bradley, Crawford and Meeks. I think the achillie's heel is the lack of post people. It'll get worse before it gets better but in the end they'll be fine. If Kentucky fans can wait that long. I can personally but can the majority of the bluegrass faithful? Thank God Barnhardt, the ad, is smart and patient.

Hey Pimp, you should try some of that Jerry Jones Kool-aid yourself. You'll feel better.

Dallas pretty much clinched the East today. Giants will come in second and probably get a wild card. The only fight in the East will be for last place. I'm telling you, Skins just aren't a good team this year and even if they get better its too late for this year.

Damn that Farve must have found the Fountain of Youth or something.

Not about sports but I got bad news today when I went for lunch and to watch the pre-game shows at my favorite sports bar. A 26 year old waitress who worked there died this week. Apparently went out drinking with her friends and drank so much she ********** and never woke up. Damn shame.

It's admittedly frustrating, as a Skin's fan, to see them at 5-4 when they should so clearly be 8-1. They continue to give games away (they've only been legitimately beaten once all year). That being said, they are still very much in the playoff hunt and just have to take care of business in the next seven games. No excuses about the injuries....no more lamenting inexperience and no more bemoaning an ultra conservative game-plan. The bottom line is they have to produce. Luckily they have 4 very winnable games which would give them 9 wins. Then they have to step it up against Dallas twice and the Giants in New York. If we get one of those three (or even two), we'll be in.

Before today's games I had the Skins going 8 - 8. Now I say 7 - 9 and that only if they beat Tampa and Buffalo. I just have the feeling that the Bills will beat them in Wash. After all they just beat Miami. Then you are talking 6 - 10. Damn but that kool-aid makes me wild with my predictions don't it?

The Giants didn't look like a beaten team today. Just mad. I think they will play with a purpose the rest of the season and get a wild card.

I always back up my faith in my team and my predictions with wagers. Care to wager the Redskins will be an above .500 team? Hell, they may even sweep your Cowboys.

Will I think I said some where the Skins and Eagles would be fighting for that last spot. I'm glad the Eagles won though they were the better team. These teams that bring back these old retired burned out coaches never seem to pull it off as I remeber A guy by the name of Parcels that came out and just couldn't get the job done. Oh and on the other level I see Ohio seemed to have gotten beat well there went the no1 team down you just never know. The only thing for sure in life is the COWBOYS. People go buy your Cowboy coats and sweatshirts and any thing else because you will be wearing them proudly in Jan.

The only thing sure in life is the Cowboys????? Well, maybe the Cowboys not winning a playoff game since they haven't done so in OVER a decade! roflmao

pimpology101 said:
I always back up my faith in my team and my predictions with wagers. Care to wager the Redskins will be an above .500 team? Hell, they may even sweep your Cowboys.

I never back up my faith in my team and my predictions with wagers. Actually I should say rarely. Gambling is just not one of my vices. Besides I consider myself way too honorable to let you bet me at this stage without giving you some kind of handicap and I don't give handicaps.

Tell you what though, if you feel the same way after two more games, I'll consider a bet of a small donation, say $10.00 to the charity of the losers choice. For instance, if you win I will donate $10.00 to New Hope. (a battered womens shelter) Then I get a receipt and scan it into the computer and post it in this thread. If I win you donate to a charity of your choice in your area.

But I figure two more games should convince even you that the Skins just are not a good team this year.

Users who are viewing this thread