• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Thread about Sports

• Thread starterPooch
  • Start date
Excellent then, we'll watch two more games and if you still think the Skins can win 9 games or more we can make the wager.

The Skins will win 10 or 11 games. And that, with the 3 wins they GAVE away (NY, Philly & Green Bay) would have left them 13-3 or 14-2.

pimpology101 said:
The Skins will win 10 or 11 games. And that, with the 3 wins they GAVE away (NY, Philly & Green Bay) would have left them 13-3 or 14-2.
You better lay off the pipe man you are HALLUCINATING. There is only one thing people give away and that is shit my friend so if the Skins gave away three games I see what they are made up of. HA HA GO BOYS

The facts speak for themselves; they blew those three games and should be 8-1. We'll se after 7 more games where they stand.

pimp glad to see this thread has continued during my vacation from DC...had to stay away for few weeks..got tired of all the BS and stayed completely off net ....anyway..hope all good for you and all the others in here....mule is obviously be happy for his cowboys are healthy and class of nfc with packers...

i know you keep holding on to the pipe dream that your'e skins are a superior team, but they are merely a good team with a very young QB, and 2 very inconsistent receivers, neither of which can be counted on game in game out...Portis has lost a step of speed, and no longer the take it to the end zone threat he once was, but still is competetent...yea you have/had some injuries, but no more than any other team, so that cant be an excuse...every team wins and loses close games (you say they 'gave away')..well that is just excuses for losing...that is how the NFL is...the diff between 6-10 & 10-6 may be as little as only 5-12 plays but that is what makes the NFL what it is. Look out for them next year after they draft and sign a legit #1 wide reciever, and Campbell has another year under his belt , for I think he is going to be a very good QB from what i seen..he just far from it now...they are pretty much equal to the Giants...good not great...strong in some areas, weak in others... that goes for most teams except the Pats and well Colts before this past week... Maybe steelers will be a factor maybe not ..if Pats stay healthy well who is going to beat them in NE in JAN? I doubt they will go undefeated but they have a real shot at it...and in the superbowl...the NFC team..will be a major underdog to them..prob 12 points or more..
and well PSU...enough said, I told you the QB there wasnt anything... its been tough season for you i guess...nothing special for me either ..rutgers went back to who they are/were.. i'm hoping all the top ranked college teams lose again..and the whole thing is a total mess... although a oregon kansas/missouri final would be pretty cool (as long as you arent the TV network)

congrats to youre indians btw for beating my yanks before blowing it against Sox...Beckett showed who is the best but Sabathia did deserve the regular season Cy Young...i'tl be interesting to see who wins NL mvp...i was holiday fan (i think i even said they might pull it out and make playoffs..but dont remember, but them and phils were amazing). anyway...i will look forward to your'e redskins rebuttle..lmao take it easy

ps..they made me a moderator..or asked me too..i see u are one now too pimp...wow...

pimp glad to see this thread has continued during my vacation from DC...had to stay away for few weeks..got tired of all the BS and stayed completely off net ....anyway..hope all good for you and all the others in here....mule is obviously be happy for his cowboys are healthy and class of nfc with packers...

i know you keep holding on to the pipe dream that your'e skins are a superior team, but they are merely a good team with a very young QB, and 2 very inconsistent receivers, neither of which can be counted on game in game out...Portis has lost a step of speed, and no longer the take it to the end zone threat he once was, but still is competetent...yea you have/had some injuries, but no more than any other team, so that cant be an excuse...every team wins and loses close games (you say they 'gave away')..well that is just excuses for losing...that is how the NFL is...the diff between 6-10 & 10-6 may be as little as only 5-12 plays but that is what makes the NFL what it is. Look out for them next year after they draft and sign a legit #1 wide reciever, and Campbell has another year under his belt , for I think he is going to be a very good QB from what i seen..he just far from it now...they are pretty much equal to the Giants...good not great...strong in some areas, weak in others... that goes for most teams except the Pats and well Colts before this past week... Maybe steelers will be a factor maybe not ..if Pats stay healthy well who is going to beat them in NE in JAN? I doubt they will go undefeated but they have a real shot at it...and in the superbowl...the NFC team..will be a major underdog to them..prob 12 points or more..
and well PSU...enough said, I told you the QB there wasnt anything... its been tough season for you i guess...nothing special for me either ..rutgers went back to who they are/were.. i'm hoping all the top ranked college teams lose again..and the whole thing is a total mess... although a oregon kansas/missouri final would be pretty cool (as long as you arent the TV network)

congrats to youre indians btw for beating my yanks before blowing it against Sox...Beckett showed who is the best but Sabathia did deserve the regular season Cy Young...i'tl be interesting to see who wins NL mvp...i was holiday fan (i think i even said they might pull it out and make playoffs..but dont remember, but them and phils were amazing). anyway...i will look forward to your'e redskins rebuttle..lmao take it easy

ps..they made me a moderator..or asked me too..i see u are one now too pimp...wow...

And thus the prodigal son returns.....

But just to clarify a point or two......I never said the Skins were an elite team merely a playoff one and I still firmly believe that. I also don't think there isn't any reason, if they make it, they can't go on the road and beat Seattle or Green Bay. Dallas, on the road, may be another story. But there are no elite teams in the NFL except the Patriots. That's especially true in the NFC.

And as far as Penn State goes........why would I not be happy with a 9-3 record and a New Year's Day bowl? I especially look forward to next season as they have 20 of 22 starters back (but then again so does Ohio State).

And how did the Tribe "blow" the Boston series if "every team wins and loses close games (you say they 'gave away')..well that is just excuses for losing?" They were simply beaten by a better team with a better pitching staff and line-up top to bottom. But how bout Sabathia winning the Cy Young award? Told ya! ;)

Anyway, glad you're back and hope that you've re-energized yourself for the long haul. Remember, this is a marathon not a sprint.

elite team

you stated the skins were a definite 13 win team this season as I recall. too bad we cant combine the skins and giants then we have ...a team capable of playing with Pats...lol pipe dreams... PSU..if u are happy with your'e 9 wins against ....who did you beat this year? anybody worth a damn? you had them 1 loss or undefeated too i think. but that is cool its waht being a fan is all about ...unrealistic and unweathering hope and support for youre' teams.

true i dont really think a team blows a series even if they are up...etc etc.. but tribe had there chances and had great season..and have great future...sox have come up biggest in there 2 champ seasons when there backs were against the wall.

prodigal son...def not me...least not in here.....not what i want to be...nor do i plan to be a moderator either....i'm staying away from all the BS/ fighting ...racial crap got so sick of it.... in here, sticking with sports....reality with out true meaning or importance.... dont care if people want to be cucks or want to hate on them. dont care bout the haters and rude people...have enough of that in real world..dont need it here in 'fantasy land'

good to hear from ya...and if skins get on a roll, i wouldnt be totally shocked but don't expect it. they have good chance to make playoffs...its in there hands....Campbell isnt yet, but will be a really good QB, certainly capable of leading team to superbowl some year...as can many QB's in the league now...need a lot of talent..and luck with injuries...Pats have been pretty healthy overall....but if they get some key players hurt...they can be taken too. I think the Packers are far better than people giveing them credit for..there defense is really good, they are developing a running game now, and they do have alot of (no-name???..not for long) playmakers on that team...and farve is playing out of his mind right now...but he is good for some interceptions when it counts most...dont worry bout that.

God Pooch I'm glad your back Pimp has just been eating so damn much crow he has feathers growing out his ass. Norm and I keep telling him the Cowboys are a better team and the Skins and Eagles will be fighting for the bottom and does he cry. His whole world is going to pot did you notice Ohio got beat last weekend also I just hope he doesn't have any rope hanging around come the end of the season as damn depressed as he's going to be. Hey a big hello Pooch.

I did say the Skins could win 12-13 games. As it is now I think they'll get 11 (and whether or not you think they shouldn't have beaten NYG or GB just because they didn't) they had those games well in hand and no other way to put it but they blew it in both games. Even Moose Johnston and Tony Siragusa said they've given away three gaames this season. Hell, they ought to be 8-1. But ought to be's don't count so they are what they are.

And I said Penn State had a chance to go 11-1 so I was only two games off. Considering they also blew a game (4 turnovers inside the Illini 15 yard line in a 7 point loss) they could be 10-2. Maybe should have beaten Michigan too. And I find it laughable when people say "who did a team beat?" They beat the teams on their schedule. A team should never be penalized for beating whoever is on their schedule. They beat the opponent in front of them.....what else is expected? Is it Penn State's fault Notre Dame is down? Is it their fault that Wisconsin, a pre-season top 5 team, didn't live up to expectations? Is it their fault Purdue, once a top 25 team, struggled late?

I also get and empathize with your point about not wanting to deal with some of the crap you find on an internet forum board. But one must take the good with the bad. And you know I have never deviated on my belief that just because some of this is fantasy that it means it should be automatically tolerated. Fantasy can be in poor taste just like reality can.

And as high as I am on Campbell I do question whether or not he has the needed touch on deep balls and if his arm strength is what everyone has said it is. Granted he has only started 16 games in his career which is the equivalent to just one full season. But he has missed way too many deep, open passes. I'm also hopeful he emmerge into a much stronger and more vocal leader and take that team by the balls and say "this is my team, damn it, this is what we're gonna do so do it!" as he gains more experience.

I don't hate on Green Bay and agree they are a good team. They are just not a great one. Neither is Dallas-there are no great teams in the NFC, merely a few good ones. In fact, if the Skins fall short of the playoffs or go down to defeat in them, my fanship will align with Green Bay if they're still alive as I love Favre and would like to see him get one more ring before he hangs it up (no matter how far fetched that actually is).

Anyway, good to see you back and to be bullshitting with you again. Stick around awhile and don't get too bent out of shape about the hostilities you spoke as there's far less of it than there once was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Teams

No, I dont think Dallas is a GREAT team this year.

Very good yes, but dont seem to compare to Aikman/Emmitt/Irvin/Novacheck days or Staubach/Dorsett/Pearson/Randy White/Harvey Martin(RIP)/Too Tall days.

I think they are manifestly better than the redskins...but this great rivalry has always shown that the favorite very often fails to live up to that status.

(All this talk about sports!)

Still love to watch my wife please black guys.:clap:

I think the Skins are better than the Cowboys defensively but the Cowboys are leaps and bounds better offensively. Doesn't help that Sean Taylor is out either.

Injured Injuns

Yeah,they have had a tough time with injuries this year.

BTW...There is a some very quite whispers...very quite ,mind...about Joe Gibb's future w/the Redskins on local radio stations.

Bring Marty Ball Back!

Chickory 123 said:
No, I dont think Dallas is a GREAT team this year.

Very good yes, but dont seem to compare to Aikman/Emmitt/Irvin/Novacheck days or Staubach/Dorsett/Pearson/Randy White/Harvey Martin(RIP)/Too Tall days.

I think they are manifestly better than the redskins...but this great rivalry has always shown that the favorite very often fails to live up to that status.

(All this talk about sports!)

Still love to watch my wife please black guys.:clap:
I agree here about as good as the team in the past but they also had a hell of a coach there with Landry. I remember Mike Dika saying one time when he was under Landry he called in a play that Landry had told him not to run and Iron Mike said that was the last time he ever went against Landry. He was a coach that made that team run like a clock and had a good owner in which Landry could run the team like he wanted. Gibbs should be gone also his days are gone and he dosn't have the team like in the past that made him.

I will go to my grave as a Joe Gibb's admirer but even I will admit he's had a tough time in regards to certain aspects. I also thought letting Schottenheimer go was a mistake. I thought so then and think so now, even with my beloved Gibbs back. I only hope that the Redskins don't fire him and let him honor his contract. If he chooses to resign or retire then that's fine. But he's earned the right to finish what he started--even with Cowher waiting in the wings.

By God Pimp we agree on one thing here "letting Schottenheimer go" he was a good coach just always had trouble pulling the big one off good man though kinda like Norm and Pooch and I.

thanks for hello mule same to you...

pimp campbell can make all the trhrows he has very strong arm but that is only 25% of whati s important for a QB...I'm sure they havent yet even opened up the whole offense to him yet...very few QB's come into league and are great from the start...VERY FEW...He is not your'e long term problem. It would be huge mistake for them to let Gibbs go...next year could be their year.

todays Cowboys are not even remotely in the class of the Jimmy Johnson Boys (whom I think were the very best team of all time (even better then the steelers..although we could have long debate on that) with the most dominant OL ever and so much talent throughout the roster (Charles Haley and Darren Woodsen will make HOF in time too) wor Landry teams. I dont think any teams in football today (well maybe the Pats and Colts) compare to the teams of 70's-80's due to free agency ..the overall quality of football is down, but the parity is there, so the league is very competitive and exciting..today's cowboys are good team (Parcells drafted great for them and built solid foundation) and getting suburp play from Romo, who benefited from hanging around a few years to learn before getting thrown in..and when he was, he was ready...

My pt about PSU isnt to be unahppy they may win 9, but as a real fan, are you really impressed? (i didnt get on Giants band wagon with 6 game streak cause they didnt beat a winning team other than Skins and i knew they have deficiencies, and they couldnt beat boys again at home..or Rutgers when they started 4-0 and were ranked 10th and beat all lame teams not even in their (or any supposedly top team's) class. cause with 11 -12 win and national championship expectations going in, the only challenges on PSU schedule, they lost, they haven't looked particularly good in any of their 'tough' games (although PSU football is eastern -ie.ugly football), Moving forward with them only will get tougher as Joe P gets older...they have no top skill position players..and will have a new QB next year (which may be a blessing for them) ..OSU will remain a #1 power..look out for them next year they are very young too, and once Les Miles gets to Michigan next year, well you see what kind of coach he is. Then therre is Wisconsin who is the equivalent of PSU, and you have the upcoming power in Illinois who has been recruiting top players for few years now, and well you have seen the results. OH yea lets not forget Iowa..ok lets!!!! So i dont see anymore championships for joe pa. (i'm hoping he and Bowden end up tied for wins)

I'd start a thread about Bonds but dont want to reap all the racist BS that would cause.
well Vick is due to get sentanced soon so that BS will start up again soon...so be good to you're dogs people. OUT!

Penn State has no top skill position players? They have, as a unit, one of the best receiving corps in the country with Derek Williams, Deon Butler, Terrel Golden and Norwood. Kinlaw and Royster are very good backs. Their defense is one of the best in the country. 20 of 22 starters back and it shouldn't be hard to replace Morelli given he didn't give them much. Joe Pa may not win another title but he'll pass Bowden in wins.

As far as the best team ever in the NFL? There's no way I'd give that title to the ASikman lead Cowboys--not over the 49ers, Steelers or even the Skins of 192 or 1991. Their offensive line was very good but not in the class of the Hogs (then again no offensive line in history could match the Hogs as a unit).

Bonds, like Vick, will get what he deserves. Every rule breaker does ultimately. Just ask OJ.

Users who are viewing this thread