• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Thread about Sports

• Thread starterPooch
  • Start date
Well Norm Pimp is gonna have a melt down this comming weekend. Now Jimmy Johnson never liked him any time. John Madden he does know defense and the Boys do need some help in that direction as stated short passes will eat them up. The next thing if I had Jones money this would of never been the coach I would of bought. So any way I'm a boys fan good or bad they will do wonders this year. I won't tell you what I think of the Pats. Muleman

Eagles fan

I have to give Pimp his props. I thought he was just blowing steam when he told us in early Sept the Skins and Campbell were giong to be a team to be reckoned with. Now, it looks like he knows his NFL. My Eagles look to be in trouble with the resergence of the Giants as well as the Boys and the Skins but I ain't ready yet to throw in the towel. It's still early and there's a lot of football to play. I heard a rumor Andy Reid miight step down and Purcells ready to take over the Eagles...Oh I think I started the rumor...lol

Norm, I do venture "out there". I have always spent most of my time in three main threads; the general forum, let's meet up and wive's photos. I still frequent them most often. There are some threads, even as a moderator, that I'm not stepping foot in. I will leave that to the other mods or else, yes, I'd blow a gasket in no time flat. I did let fly, albeit modestly for me, on GBGB and Slavetoe for their bitching about a clearly marked sports thread. I don't react well to many things, stupidity and over-the-top fanatacists/extremists chief among them.

Now as far as the football end of things goes.....

Dallas is clearly a very talented team, one of the best in the NFC. But again, if you revive the original football thread, I broke down the Skins and Cowboys head to head by positions and I saw it (and still do) with a 7-5 advantage for Washington with two "evens." The Redskins offensive line is better. The Cowboys recievers are better. The Skins have a decided advantage in running backs. Tight ends are even. I know most will disagree but I believe Campbell is an even match with Romo (still not sold on Romo until I see him perform in tight spots). Defensively, the Cowboys are better only in one place: the defensive line. Washington has much better linebackers and their secondary is the very best in the NFL. Coaching is in favor of Gibbs. Saunders over Garrett and Williams and Phillips even as defensive coordinators. The kicking game is basically even. In the battle, head to head and for the division, it will come down to, as it always does, to who makes the least mistakes.

Washington, Dallas and Green Bay are the class of the NFC (and don't count out the Bears). Arizona is capable of making noise as are maybe the Buccaneers. Detroit, though looking terrible against Philly and Washington, have enough weapons to scare teams but their defense is too soft to really vie for anything. Seattle's time is done and Alexander looks like a broken-down field mule trying to run the field. The Gmen could be a factor if they develop consistency.

In the AFC, it's clearly a two horse race between New England and the Colts. Pittsburgh can compete but not explosive enough to win the conference in all likelihood. Who knows about the Bolts but with Norm in charge I don't think so. There are up and coming teams ready to, in a year or so, give people fits. Teams like the Texans, Jags and Titans.

All that said I will stick to my preason prediction of a New England/Washington or Dallas/Indianapolis super bowl.

Hail to the Redskins
hail to victory
Hail to the Redskins
and hail to old DC

Oh, and since Mule and Norm convieniently ducked the question.......

Cowboys/Redskins in NFC championship games:

1972 Washington 26, Dallas 3
1982 Washington 31, Dallas 17

Average score: Washington 29, Dallas 10

Better hope it doesn't come down to the Skins and Boys in the title game you two! ;)

kdawg68 said:
IR pissing videos???? Good god....I suppose everyone's got their kink, but I hadn't realized anyone was clamoring for quite that specific a kink????
Yeah my friend it is just the start watch.

If it comes down to the skins and Boys in the title game mark my word Pimp I will buy the tickets and you are gonna set between Norm and I and watch the Boys roll their magic.

Why are we talking about the pissing thread in the sports section? If I didn't go in there to see it or read it, I don't wanna hear about it in here! LOL

And what did I tell you about the Cowboys? That's not the mark of a great team (overlooking the team in front of them for New England). I also told you Romo was not the second coming and it'd be interesting to see how he played when pressed. 5 interceptions is your answer. If Buffalo's d is doing that to him, Cowboy fans ought to shudder to think what the Skins can do.

And that body language, almost to a man of the Dallas players, looks like prima-donna, immature, spoiled babies. Be surprised if, after they loss to New England, this teams locker room won't start to splinter and fragment.

How 'bout those Cleveland Indians? It didn't happen in '95 or '97 with that murder's row lineup but, I am beginning to think, this may be the Tribe's year with that pitching staff!

No more the mistake by the lake! Look out Sawx, here come the Injuns and they're on the warpath!

Bye bye yankmees! You deserve what you get evil empire for trying to buy championships. And if you fire Torre, Steinbrenner, you're even dumber than the average fan thinks!

Even the Cowboys miracle comeback can't dampen my happiness over the Tribe eliminating the Yankmees!!

I'm not sure if the Cowboy's win, playing so poorly, speaks to how good they are or how bad they can be. Time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
pimpology101 said:
Even the Cowboys miracle comeback can't dampen my happiness over the Tribe eliminating the Yankmees!!

I'm not sure if the Cowboy's win, playing so poorly, speaks to how good they are or how bad they can be. Time will tell.

It was a bizarre game. The Bills deserved to win but I'll take it. You know Tom Brady is licking his chops right now.

You are right Pimp. Lets see how some of those individuals react after some losses. But then its up to the coach and team captains to keep it together.

One thing I like about the NFC East is that every division game is a rivalry and they all hate the "Boys." Makes the wins that much sweeter.

By the way Pimp, have you seen the new Redskin Cheerleader uniforms? Here is their best looking cheerleader modeling it.

Norm

Attachments

• 2000491529772658926_rs.jpg
    2000491529772658926_rs.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 114
Sad part is every player on the Cowboys roster wants to bang that cheerleader! ;)

Yep, there's no other division in all of football quite like the NFC East and those rivalries. The NFC Central and AFC Central are close though.

Hey Norm the Redskins cheerleader with the new outfit on your wrong that is Pimp getting ready to go to the game. You think he looks good in PINK?

kdawg68 said:
Hey Pimp, what's your thought on next week's WAS at GB game? I'm thinking that a one dimensional GB team facing that vaunted secondary could be a massacre.

I need to win my office pool this week to maintain my legacy as the resident guru, and this is the one game that really tore me. The TEN/TB game is another. I sided with TEN, but TB could wind up being a division winner. That NFC South is wide open for anyone to step up. I would've thought Carolina, but now with Delhomme the clown out and Carr wounded, I'm not so sure. Did Chris Weinke's pager just go off???
GB A LOSS TEN winner

don't count Carolina out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordinarily I might pick the Packers. I usually use instinct and the law of averages to make my selections. Reason says that the Packers won't lose two home games in a row. History says my Skins are inconsistent and have a hard time putting good back to back performances together. Reason also says that Jason Campbell is a young qb making only his 11th career start and making it at Lambeau. All that aside, these are not the Redskins of the past. They are just very, very good defensively and getting better offensively as well. Given the Packers anemic running game, the Skins smothering defense and the fact that Green Bay's starting center is out with a broken eye socket.......I'm gonna go out on a precarious limb and pick my Skins, 24-14.

The law of averages also tells me Tampa Bay will not lose two in a row. They're playing at home and Tennessee played horribly against Atlanta. I don't expect Vince Young to play that badly again but will still take the Buccaneers 23-20.

Given everything you just wrote and the insightful points you made, I thought it might be interesting to post my "preview" of the 2007 NFL season which I posted on my yahoo 360 blog before the season. Now obviously I am gonna get several things wrong (I admit I thought the Rams would be very good) and the Dolphins better than they are. And I may have not given Tennessee, Jacksonville and Houston the credit they deserved but I figured they'd all beat up on each other. Even still, I think I'm pretty much dead-on in more cases than I'm not......

2007 NFL Breakdown:

Cowboys vs. Redskins:

Offense

Quarterback edge: Even

Running back edge: Redskins

Receiver’s edge: Cowboys

Offensive line edge: Redskins

Tight end edge: even

Defense

Defensive line edge: Cowboys

Linebacker’s edge: Redskins

Secondary edge: Redskins

Special teams:

Field Goal kicker edge: Cowboys

Return teams edge: Redskins

Punter’s edge: even

Coverage team edge: Cowboys

Coaching:

Head coaching edge: Redskins

Offensive coordinator edge: Redskins

Defensive coordinator edge: even

Breakdown:

Total edges: Redskins 7, Cowboys 4, even 4

2007 Season Predictions:

NFC East

1) Washington Redskins 13-3
2) Dallas Cowboys 11-5 (wildcard)
3) Philadelphia Eagles 8-8
4) New York Giants 7-9

NFC Central

1) Detroit Lions 10-6
2) Green Bay Packers 10-6 (wildcard)
3) Chicago Bears 8-8
4) Minnesota Vikings 6-10

NFC South

1) Tampa Bay Buccaneers 10-6
2) Carolina Panthers 8-8
3) New Orleans Saints 7-9
4) Atlanta Falcons 6-10

NFC West

1) St Louis Rams 12-4
2) Arizona Cardinals 10-6
3) San Francisco 49ers 8-8
4) Seattle Seahawks 7-9

AFC East

1) New England Patriots 14-2
2) New York Jets 9-7
3) Miami Dolphins 8-8
4) Buffalo Bills 5-11

AFC Central

1) Indianapolis Colts 12-4
2) Jacksonville Jaguars 8-8
3) Tennessee Titans 8-8
4) Houston Texans 8-8

AFC North

1) Baltimore Ravens 12-4
2) Pittsburgh Steelers 11-5 (wildcard)
3) Cincinnati Bengals 9-7
4) Cleveland Browns 7-9

AFC West

1) San Diego Chargers 11-5
2) Denver Broncos 10-6 (wildcard)
3) Kansas City Chiefs 8-8
4) Oakland Raiders 5-11

NFC wildcard: Packers chosen but could be Arizona

NFC Champion: Rams, Redskins or maybe even the Cowboys

AFC Champion: Chargers, Patriots or Ravens

Super Bowl Champions: Patriots, Chargers or Redskins

Blast From The Past Just For Pimp

SI today gave their "Top 10 Monday Night Finishes Of All Time." I found it interesting that the "Boys" were involved in four of them. They won three of them and the one they lost was on Sep 21st 2005 against the "Skins" 14 to 13.

Pic below from that game.

Norm

BTY In answer to your comment about Romo not being the 2nd coming.

For an undrafted free agent out of Eastern Illinois who has started about 15 games, to be ranked 2nd to Brady in the league thus far isn't doing badly. Certainly he is the best to come around for the team since Aikman.

Though I don't think he reads defenses all that well as Monday night showed, the coaches and players love him. You got to admit Pimp. He is a lovable type of character with an infectious smile who doesn't take himself too seriously.

At halftime while he was headed to the locker room, he was asked about the 4 interceptions he threw. He answered "four, I thought it was seven." Ya gotta love that. Of course lovable goes only so far with Jerry Jones I'm sure.

Attachments

• redskins.cowboys.jpg
    redskins.cowboys.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 110
I have question about the refs in that 20 second comback
1. with 20 sec left the boys kickoff and recover a free ball and the refs determined who recovered and mark the ball dead in just 2 sec.

2. a 15 yds pass play to TO that used only 5 sec.

3. 4 plays in all in 20 sec and no timeouts. The refs kept putting time back on the clock that enable the boys to get close enough for the boys to get a shot at a 53 yds fg. You have to give the boys credit but i think it was made possible by some help on the clock

I do think Romo is the best qb option the Cowboys have had since Aikman but it still remains to be seen whether or not he can lead them to the same success or anywhere close.

I don't think the refs managed the clock for the Cowboys so much as Jaroun and the d coordinator mismanaged the defense. They knew the only option the Cowboys had was an out route to the sidelines to get out of bounds and stop the clock yet they had the corners playing way too far off the ball.

By the way, my "picking expertise" was awarded again as I won the weekly $25.00 contest sponsored by my local newspaper for last week's college games. :D

ODD PREDICTIONS FOR THE 2008 SUPER BOWL
By: Larry Petton

Vegas is already busy crowning a winner for Super Bowl XLII (42 if
you are in Arkansas ). We should probably go ahead and mail the
Lombardi to Foxboro and let the Pats take the year off. They are
the clear odds-on favorites. Here is the latest from Point-Spreads.
com:

New England Patriots 2-1
San Diego Chargers 5-1
Indianapolis Colts 7-1
Chicago Bears 16-1
Philadelphia Eagles 18-1
Seattle Seahawks 18-1
New Orleans Saints 18-1
Cincinnati Bengals 25-1
Denver Broncos 25-1
Carolina Panthers 25-1
Dallas Cowboys 25-1

Looks like another boring Bears blowout with T-Rex Grossman
looking extinct again. Maybe Randy gets rid of his bad boy tag and
finally becomes the Super Bowl MVP. But hold your horses just a
dad gum minute. We need to play some games first. What will the
upcoming season look like? Well, let’s look into Professor Petton’s
crystal ball of predictions and make some fearless forecasts for
2007-2008 NFL season:

NEW ENGLAND – The Pats have a lot of new faces who will make
an impact including Adalius Thomas, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker
and Randy Mess, umm Moss. What kind of chemistry will they
have? Bill doesn’t put up with much. If this Brady Bunch blends
together, they could be very dangerous with the NFL’s top gun qb.
Move over, Indy.

SAN DIEGO – The Chargers are facing a major upheaval with most
of their coaching staff being replaced this fall. They still have LT,
Gates, Merriman and a rising star in Phillip Rivers. I think they are
going to need another year to get comfortable with a totally new
system. Solid year….no crown again.

INDIANAPOLIS – It’s the NFL….NOT FOR LONG. Indy will have
another good year and Anthony Gonzales will be a good fit in their
spread. Manning has the curse off his back, Dungy is the best
coach in the league, but unless they get the championship game at
home, they will be watching XLII on tv.

CHICAGO – This team so bores me. Everyone has them at the top
of the NFC, but I am not in their camp. I say that, in the name of
Grossman, there shall be no REXurrection in the Midway. In
addition, losing Thomas Jones was a mistake they will soon regret.
The Bears will be hibernating in their den next February….believe
me, it is better for tv ratings.

PHILLY – This team bothers me. They have an innovative coach
who knows how to motivate them in tough times. With a healthy
McNabb back for a season, who knows? I still have a problem with
their receiving corp. They are going to have to make a major step
up in the loss of Stallworth. But as long as McNabb and Westbrook
are on the field together, you will have a battle. McNabb creates
plays more than any other qb and Westbrook is a superstar multi-
dimensional back who is the most underrated rb in the game. But
they still come up a little short in January.

SEATTLE – We find out what the Mariners, oooops, Seahawks, are
made of in 2007. They had more key injuries than any other team
last year, but lucked into a playoff win, thanks to YOU KNOW WHO
who dropped YOU KNOW WHAT. Seattle suffered a major setback
with the loss of Steve Hutchinson, monster guard who fled to
Minnesota . Alexander will be good, but without Hutch, he will never
be awesome again. Good team, good coach, good fans, but good
bye Super Bowl. Flukes happen.

NEW ORLEANS – Watch out for the boys on the bayou. Sean
Payton is the most aggressive young coach in the NFL. He has
conquered a major battle after only year – the Saints shed their
‘Aints image and now believe in themselves. They have added 4.3
speedster, Robert Meachem, to their arsenal of weapons and have
helped their defense in free agency. This team goes to the
championship game again and the Saints win it if they play at home.

CINCY – Oh, you got trouble, right there in River City . Enough
said. Cincy will continue developing their growing prison ministry in
2007. What a mess.

DENVER – The Broncs added several new pieces to the puzzle in
the off-season. Do hey have enough? Not quite. Cutler needs
another year of seasoning. He will have a big season and Travis
Henry will fit in just fine (as almost any running back does in
Denver ). But they cannot beat New England on the road with an
inexperienced quarterback. Pay your deposit and come back and
see me next year.

CAROLINA – No. Too many questions at quarterback. The good
news for the Panthers is that the Smokey Mountains are really nice
in February. Enjoy!

DALLAS – The Boys have not won a playoff game in a decade.
Talk about a drought for the franchise that has more Super Bowl
appearances than anyone. Can Romo lead Dallas back to glory?
Maybe. But some things have to fall in place.

Romo has to cut down on turnovers and manage the ball
better.

T.O. has to settle down and focus on a ring. Imagine that.

Wade has to sell his new 3-4 attacking scheme to the
defense.J

Jason Garrett has to grow up and take his place in the NFL
as an aggressive offense coordinator. Tony Sporano has to
mentor him well and unselfishly.

Dallas has to find a way to free Roy Williams from deep
coverage in the nickel and let him rush the passer.

Dallas needs to play the championship game at home. You
don’t want to go to Philly, Seattle , New Orleans or Chicago
to win a trip to the Super Bowl.

Team health is a key. An injury to Romo and you can forget
about Bad Brad taking the Boys all the way.

What are the odds of those things actually happening next
February? I think the Cowboys take a while to get their system
together and play well at the end. However, they will have to defeat
New Orleans at home in front of a Saints crowd that is deafening.
'Boys lose to Brees, Inc. Say it isn’t so.

New Orleans goes on to play New England in one of the best
offensive displays in Super Bowl history. Brady captures a fourth
ring.

For Cowboy fans, it’s not ideal….but it is a major step up.

‘Boys get the number one pick in the draft in 2008 and win it all in
the 2009 Super Bowl.

Here’s a dream…….Dallas playing a home game in February
2011. It could happen. I didn't see any odds for the Skins here.

That's because the so-called experts are usually amateurs if that. They are frontrunners just like LeBron James and only pick "glamour." I hope they sleep on my Skins all year.......all the way to the NFC title game! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread