Institutional racism at Wales' main asylum centre

• Thread starterWifeLuver
  • Start date

WifeLuver

Slut Lover!
Beloved Member
Dec 13, 2006
A former UK Border Agency employee claimed bigotry about immigrants and asylum seekers was widespread at the organization's Welsh base in Cardiff. Louise Perrett, who had previously worked at the centre on Newport Road, spoke publicly about practices and staff behaviour there. The whistleblower told the Guardian that after starting work at the office last summer she saw staff trick and humiliate asylum seekers. The 29-year-old also alleged workers used a stuffed gorilla - "a great monkey" - as a badge of shame whenever an employee approved a asylum application.

Ms Perrett was deployed to the city office last year after being taken on as a temp by Hays recruitment agency. The tone of her career was set on her first day, she claimed, when a manager allegedly said that if it was up to her asylum seekers would be shepherded outside and shot. She claimed it later emerged that senior staff members routinely shared anti-immigration views and that one employee had tested claims of ****** conscription by African boys by asking them to lie on the ground and demonstrate how people were shot. Ms Perrett said she had very little training, but was charged with making legally-binding decisions to grant or refuse asylum and whether to detain individuals and families for up to 28 days. She described her colleagues' alleged behaviour as humiliating and rude.

Kate Smart, director of policy and advocacy at the Welsh Refugee Council, said it was worrying that vulnerable people, many of who have been tortured and seen relatives killed, may have been treated badly after arriving in Wales. No Borders South Wales said the case of Ama Sumani - a 39-year-old Ghanaian, whose treatment for kidney failure at Cardiff's University Hospital of Wales was stopped when she was deported for breaching visa conditions - backed Ms Perrett's assessment of the office environment.

Source: WalesOnline

Other Sources:

Whistleblower's claims about Cardiff asylum office - BBC News

Border staff humiliate and trick asylum seekers - whistleblower - The Guardian

Asylum Seekers Claim to be Tricked and Humiliated by UK Border Agency - Emigrate.co.uk News

Being welsh myself, and taking into account that my country is 98% white i find this shocking. any back man with a cock of 7 iches or more should be allowed in

what the fuck has this got to do with ..ir sex

WifeLuver appears to have a problem.

I have to admit that this is disgusting.

You would be hard pushed to find this of racism towards White people, on any part of the globe. It seems Black folks who merely want to help out our nation are fair game for abuse.

However, this does not mean we are all bad. Just because a few thousand workers are evil.

blackcocklover29 said:
I have to admit that this is disgusting.

You would be hard pushed to find this of racism towards White people, on any part of the globe. It seems Black folks who merely want to help out our nation are fair game for abuse.

However, this does not mean we are all bad. Just because a few thousand workers are evil.
Hmmm, yes, Zimbabwe was a shining example of racial integration.

Also, "want to help out our nation"? How, by getting my taxes increased to pay for more freeloaders over and above the natives and the ones already here? No problem with people coming here to fill skills gaps but if they're here because we're a soft touch, that's out of order.

_Mark_ said:
Hmmm, yes, Zimbabwe was a shining example of racial integration.

Also, "want to help out our nation"? How, by getting my taxes increased to pay for more freeloaders over and above the natives and the ones already here? No problem with people coming here to fill skills gaps but if they're here because we're a soft touch, that's out of order.

That is nonsensical racism, and typical of the attitude that wifeluver is against.

I'm afraid that with so many people falsely claiming refugee status that the genuine ones are not believed. Here in Canada many are tired the games claimants play. It often takes a couple of years to adjucate the claim and meanwhile they live at the government expense. I expect it is similar in the UK.

Anyway, let us please get back to IR sex!

blackcocklover29 said:
That is nonsensical racism, and typical of the attitude that wifeluver is against.

Everything's racism when you don't understand isn't it?

Were the white Zimbabweans given a fair crack under Mugabe or were they fucked over? Ethnic cleansing is alive and well 8 years on:
Robert Mugabe closes in on last white farmers - Times Online

As for the UK situation, what benefits do asylum seekers bring? How can me saying I don't want more dole bludgers here putting my taxes up be racist? It's a protectionist attitude that the government need to adopt to stabilise the UK. Unfortunately Brown and his cronies are either too clueless or too spinelss to take up the opportunity to close the borders and find out who the hell is living here. There's no way I'd get into Canada or Australia without at least a trade to bring and most likely a job to go into.

Also, don't make the other mistake many do of confusing racism with patriotism

WifeLuver said:
A former UK Border Agency employee claimed bigotry about immigrants and asylum seekers was widespread at the organization's Welsh base in Cardiff. Louise Perrett, who had previously worked at the centre on Newport Road, spoke publicly about practices and staff behaviour there. The whistleblower told the Guardian that after starting work at the office last summer she saw staff trick and humiliate asylum seekers. The 29-year-old also alleged workers used a stuffed gorilla - "a great monkey" - as a badge of shame whenever an employee approved a asylum application.

Ms Perrett was deployed to the city office last year after being taken on as a temp by Hays recruitment agency. The tone of her career was set on her first day, she claimed, when a manager allegedly said that if it was up to her asylum seekers would be shepherded outside and shot. She claimed it later emerged that senior staff members routinely shared anti-immigration views and that one employee had tested claims of ****** conscription by African boys by asking them to lie on the ground and demonstrate how people were shot. Ms Perrett said she had very little training, but was charged with making legally-binding decisions to grant or refuse asylum and whether to detain individuals and families for up to 28 days. She described her colleagues' alleged behaviour as humiliating and rude.

Kate Smart, director of policy and advocacy at the Welsh Refugee Council, said it was worrying that vulnerable people, many of who have been tortured and seen relatives killed, may have been treated badly after arriving in Wales. No Borders South Wales said the case of Ama Sumani - a 39-year-old Ghanaian, whose treatment for kidney failure at Cardiff's University Hospital of Wales was stopped when she was deported for breaching visa conditions - backed Ms Perrett's assessment of the office environment.

Other Sources:

Asylum Seekers Claim to be Tricked and Humiliated by UK Border Agency - Emigrate.co.uk News

wow who would have thought that!!!,after receiving suitable training Ms Perrett was allowed to make decisions,is that a first for a government employee!!!?

WifeLuver said:

Other Sources:

Any person coming to the UK with good reason, that is prepared to integrate,is prepared to shed the whining chromosome, not to mention the 'i want everything handed to me on a plate' state of mind, will get along just fine here in the UK.You do realise dont you that the reason that virtually every political refugee in this world firstly tries to settle here in the UK, rather than any of the other western democracies, is because the UK is the most tolerant,understanding and supportive society in the world.The UK is always the first port of call for anybody in a foreign land that is in distress from his or her own government

Can we all get away from racism. This site is about BBC fucking white wives. Can we just stay on that topic. Racism is wrong but this isn't the place to discuss it. Now let's get back to ir and cuckolding

blackcocklover29 said:

Your comments show your level of ignorance. The poster was making a point, whether he be right or wrong, just because he challenged your blinkered view does not make it racism, and to step back into the "you disgaree so you must be racist" position is childish to sasy the least. I suggest both you and wifeluver grow up and stop trying to wind others up, it will only end in tears, albeit entertaining ones for me.

welsh wimp said:
Being welsh myself, and taking into account that my country is 98% white i find this shocking. any back man with a cock of 7 iches or more should be allowed in

ROFLMAO,you'll have to start up a pressure group to lobby parliament

whitesubhubby said:
Can we all get away from racism. This site is about BBC fucking white wives. Can we just stay on that topic. Racism is wrong but this isn't the place to discuss it. Now let's get back to ir and cuckolding

With all due respect fella, we're in the off topic section. We could mention the Tweenies or Ann Widdecombe. That'd kill youre stiffy wouldn't it. :D

Zimbabwe a prime example of todays double standard on racism

What is happening in Zimbabwe is a prime example of the double standard in what is considered racism. They kill, mame, rob, steal and harass the white people who are helping feed them and they are supposedly just reclaiming what belongs to them. On the other hand, white people poke some fun at would be settlers and it's disgusting and purely unthinkable. Within 25 years, Zimbabwe will be facing starvation and begging this country for aid and assistance. Wake up world, things are deteriorating quickly.

wholesaler57 said:
What is happening in Zimbabwe is a prime example of the double standard in what is considered racism. They kill, mame, rob, steal and harass the white people who are helping feed them and they are supposedly just reclaiming what belongs to them. On the other hand, white people poke some fun at would be settlers and it's disgusting and purely unthinkable. Within 25 years, Zimbabwe will be facing starvation and begging this country for aid and assistance. Wake up world, things are deteriorating quickly.

Harsh words there my friend.

Even though there is racism in Wales, there is persistent anti-Welsh racism in the UK.

Recent examples of anti-Welsh sentiment in the media include the journalist A. A. Gill (born in Scotland to English parents) who in the Sunday Times described the Welsh as "loquacious, dissemblers, immoral liars, stunted, bigoted, dark, ugly, pugnacious little trolls."

The English writer A. N. Wilson stated: "The Welsh have never made any significant contribution to any branch of knowledge, culture or entertainment. They have no architecture, no gastronomic tradition, no literature worthy of the name."

In 2000, a cross party group of Members of the National Assembly of Wales, representing all four political parties in the Assembly, called for an end to what they termed "persistent anti-Welsh racism" in the UK media.

BBC presenter Jeremy Clarkson is well-known for his xenophobic comments which sometimes take an anti-Welsh direction, e.g. "It's entirely unfair that some people are born fat or ugly or dyslexic or disabled or ginger or small or Welsh. Life, I'm afraid, is tragic."

Source: Wikipedia