• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Thread about Sports

• Thread starterPooch
  • Start date
O-line lost it for Wash. Three sacks and twenty (count them) hurries and hits will kill you. Wash lost the war in the trenches as they say. Seattle won't push the Dallas' huge O-line like that if they play. Plus Romo is more mobile and has a great TE to dump off to.

Pimp, saw an article this AM that argues that teams should be seeded by record rather than by division. The best records won this weekend though some weren't the highest seed. The argument was that the winner in a weak division shouldn't be ranked higher then a wild card in a tough division.

Here is the link.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...wild.card.snaps/index.html?eref=si_topstories

in the NFL dominating a game comes down to a handful of plays, and Seattle made sacks, turnovers, and touchdowns on those key plays. they dominated the first half, you dominated 1 quarter, and they took the 4th the score was not close stats dont mean anything in that game. scoreboard Seattle, Wash had a good year. You can proclaim youre 12-14 wins for next year now. the draft is only 3 mos away. Dont think Giants have enough healthy players to withstand rested Dallas, but if TO isnt TO..he kills the Giants, and they get running game rolling, keep score down, i can still dream. GB will beat Seattle by at least 10. Im more looking forward to see the trench war Jax is gonna bring to NE. cant see Norv Turner going into Indy and leaving with a win.

I would likely agree with the author of that article, Salt. It makes good sense and presents a fair case (unlike Pooch who I wonder sometimes if he even watches the games he comments on). At any rate the NFC is likely just fodder for the AFC champion unless there's an upset or two in that conference (which I don't foresee).

Pooch said:
happy to be wrong bout giants..all i know is they will show up in Dallas.
I'm with Norm I would of like to see the Boys kick the Skins ass as they could have trouble with the Giants but it will all depend if Wade has got his head out of his ass and Romo 's dick doesn't have any Simpson on it. The Boys should win they are the better team.

Mighty big talk about you'd kick a team's ass you don't get to play considering they just kicked the livin' hell out of Dallas two weeks ago.

So are you officially welching on the bet, Mule? I don't care if it's after the fact or not and the Skin's season is over. You lost the bet and I wanna see a Skins helmet as your avatar for a week! :D

Cowboys~The OSU

We lost to the redskins? Oh yeah...last year...irrelevant today. LOL

You know what's weird? I saw one of the small flags people put on their cars...you know of their favorite teams? Well it was an Ohio State flag that had broke or something,and it was laying on the road. What does that portend?

I don't like omens like that. Not good!! :(

I did read on yahoo today where Gibbs will be given, and accept, a multi-year contract extension. I saw also where several veteran players, in a sign of loyalty not seen often in sports today, offered to restructure contracts and take less money to stay in Washington, citing love of Gibbs and coming together with teammates as actual family, as reasons why. Among them were Portis, Chris Samuels and Marcus Washington. Now when you get three veterans and three stars to do that, and for the reasons they gave, that's really saying something!!!!!!

But Todd Collins did say he wants to test free-agency and hopefully start somewhere.....

Gibbs

Good. I hope he does well. He has always been my favorite person /place/or thing associated with the Burgundy and Gold.

Him and also the fabled and missed RFK. I believe the best stadium for football in it's day. (Although actually built for the Senators)

P. S. I think the OSU will be ok! ;)

I could not admire another man in life more than I do Joe Gibbs. What he does and who he is is incredible (and the Cowboys had, at one time, a man just like him in Landry). That his players will take less money to stay and play for him speaks volumes, especially in this day and age. And I, like you do, miss RFK terribly. It was the biggest home-field advantage in all of football (Mile High included). Dallas players used to say the earth actually moved like an earthquake when the fans stomped and cheered.

And I hope you're right about the Buckeyes. They have to be able to block Dorsey and run Wells otherwise they are in trouble because Boeckman cannot beat the Tigers if ****** to.

pimpology101 said:
Mighty big talk about you'd kick a team's ass you don't get to play considering they just kicked the livin' hell out of Dallas two weeks ago.

So are you officially welching on the bet, Mule? I don't care if it's after the fact or not and the Skin's season is over. You lost the bet and I wanna see a Skins helmet as your avatar for a week! :D
Shit as a dumb black guy I tried to get a avatar next to me but hell I can't figure it out I'm not welching on my bet I was a redskins fan this last weekend till this Sat then it is the boys does that count? Gibbs needs to retire and the skins ought to get a new coach in there he's to old new blood is what they need Gibbs hangs around they will be like Miami in a couple of years. Hell two boys coaches are heading to miami maybe they can hire wade.

With all due respect, Mulie, you are clearly out of your mind about Gibbs. If you don't take my word for it, maybe you can actually go by the results and what the players say. Wade Phillips couldn't hold Joe Gibb's jock on Joe's worst day and Wade's best.

Halftime: LSU 24 OSU 10

Well the first half is in the books and the Buckeyes are on the verge of getting blown out in a 2nd straight national championship game. They started out on fire, taking a 10-0 lead but have disappeared on both sides of the ball, letting the Tigers reel off 24 unanswered points.

Actually I'm not at all displeased with the Bucks offensively. They have played good, if not great, at times on that side of the ball and Beanie Wells is a flat-out beast. But I never thought LSU could do that well offensively. I never thought Matt Flynn was that good but I guess I shouldn't have slept on him.

Still, if not for the mistakes, OSU would be right in it (and they aren't quite out of it yet). A dropped touchdown pass, a blocked fg, two fumbles by LSU they did not recover, an interception that set up LSU's last td of the half. They've made enough mistakes for an entire game let alone a half. Hopefully they've got all of the fuck-ups out of their system and will play mistake-free football the 2nd half. If they do they will be ok.

The first possession of the 2nd half will tell the tale. If the Buckeyes can stop LSU and go down and score themselves they'll be right back in it. If not it will be over; may as well stop the game and give Les Miles the crystal football right then.

Are you fucking kidding me????????? You hold them to start the 3rd quarter and rough the @#@#@# damn punter plus commit a personal foul??????? SONOFABITCH!!!!!!!!

Well I suppose it's better to play for a national title and come up short than not play for one at all. That's little solace to Buckeye fans or players who are 0-2 in back to back seasons. This was a weird one to gauge (for me). Ohio State played well and churned out yardage but so did LSU. The game was quite possibly decided by that damn roughing the kicker on the first possession of the 2nd half. If these teams played a ten game series, at neutral sites, I'm not sure sure it wouldn't end up 5-5. I definitely feel Ohio State is a top 5 team (and one of the two or three elite programs overall). Given the fact they have 20 of 22 starters back (assuming none leave early) they might well be back in the title game next year, assuming they get by USC in week one at the Coliseum which should be a hell of a game and a clash of titans. I definitely think last year was an aberration and that OSU can at least compete with the SEC.

i called the seattle game right on. i was happily wrong about giants, but i try to see the games objectively, something you have no idea bout when talking bout youre respective teams. I dont expect Giants to win, but its fun to watch cowboys fans nervous.
LSU would beat OSU at least 7 out of 10 in neutral site. they have far too many skill position players, and won the battles overall on both lines. there cornerbacks controlled OSU wideouts who could never get open deep. OSU may have been the 2nd best team (unlikely) or the 8th best (prob also unlikely) who knows they are somewhere in there.
I would put lsu, usc, UGA top 3 w/ missouri,Kansas, OSU, OK, WVU and few others in that next group. Too bad Oregon St lost its QB earlier or they would have been playing LSU last nite.

mule interesting analysis on what the cowboys need to play well..very inciteful. however, the pressure you obviously applied to Gibbs put him over the edge, sending him back to Nascar. pimp must be really hurtin. I'm sure Gibbs career stats and accomplishments will soon follow. Let me start....Hail to the Gib!

LMAO you may call it objective but most would see it as clueless. I'm as objective as they come but I also keep track of something statistics don't show. I call these things PNS (points not scored) and OPSBM (opponents points scored by mistakes). These are two critical elements of any game. The first is obviously points a team does not score but should and it costs them a game. There were incidents of this in both the Skins playoff game and the Buckeyes game last night. The other is unforced errors that translates into points for the opposition. This also happened in both games. I can cite the specific incidences and plays if you'd like me to. Factoring into account these two elements of a ball game, on both sides, then the Skins "should have" won 21-13 and LSU and OSU would have been tied 24-24.

Pooch said:
mule interesting analysis on what the cowboys need to play well..very inciteful. however, the pressure you obviously applied to Gibbs put him over the edge, sending him back to Nascar. pimp must be really hurtin. I'm sure Gibbs career stats and accomplishments will soon follow. Let me start....Hail to the Gib!

Yes Pooch the Gib did have some accomplishments nobody can take that away but it is like anything else sooner or later your days are done and it is time to get on the horse and ride. He is really doing the skins a favor by stepping down he had his day not that he wasn't a good coach. It is time for a new head coach hell he likes to race cars anyway make some records on the track. I really don't know about the Boys here pooch the Giants can give them some headaches at times and Wade shit maybe Katy could use him for a coach. I'm still going with the Boys and Pats for the big one.

Well it certainly saddens me obviously but I am also kind of glad in a way. He's 67 years old and a diabetic. The real reason for his resignation is because of his own family issues as he has a grandson battling leukemia. And for any moron (and yes I do mean MORON) who thinks he can't coach anymore.......this season alone, not to mention his career accomplishments as well as the fact the Redskins had been to the playoffs once in the 12 years he'd been gone but twice in four seasons since his return, speaks volumes to the contrary. It's a bittersweet day for me as I LOVE the man and don't think there has EVER been a better coach. But I'm happy he's leaving the game on his terms and having proven, in the most trying of times, what a GREAT coach he is. I hope either gregg Williams or Cowher takes over but, if it's Cowher, the assistants will likely leave and I don't want to lose Williams.

Gibbs' final career totals: 187-106, including 17-7 in the playoffs, a career .630 winning percentage that ranks third all-time behind George Halas and Don Shula among coaches with more than 125 wins.

Gibbs will also continue to imprint this team as he will remain a special consultant and advisor to Dan Snyder. Most everyone within the organization credits Gibbs with turning the organization around by being less frivilous in free agency, filling the roster with high character players and wise football decisions. To a person, both the players and team employess cite Gibbs for turning the franchise around.

And it's already a rumor that Cowher is set to be named coach and the NFL's first "ten million dollar" coach: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/...lt=AlPBThGfS9qaxMJrnzzAmR6b2bYF?urn=nfl,60590

Users who are viewing this thread