• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Thread about Sports

• Thread starterPooch
  • Start date
OK Pooch here it is Boys 27 Giants 21

Congratulations Giants

You won fair and square. You executed,my team did'nt. Im pulling for the Packers now. (But lets face it...NO one is going to beat the Patriots this year boys and girls).

I blame coaching. Someone should have told the "Boys" that talent alone doesn't win games. You have to actually beat the other team on the field. You could tell throughout most of that game who was the better team. They just did not execute. The "Boys" always seemed like they expected to win by just showing up for the game. Again, coaching.

I don't think the "Boys" would have beaten Green Bay the way they are playing anyway. Damn, so much for my dream game Cowboy/Patriot Superbowl.

Disgusting. Why did they stop using Barber?

Well, a lot can be said for momentum with teams peaking at the right time.

At least I still have one team to root for but they look vulnerable too. The Pats can be had but I sure am glad (and shocked) that the Colts are out of it. Norv Turner had an excellent game plan and stuck with it even after the Colts great start. Turner is the ex Cowboy I wanted Jones to hire instead of Wade.

Green Bay vs Pats would be a good game too I suppose.

thats right sports are fun to follow, watch, analyze, and talk about.

Giants beating the Boys is so sweet i cant put it into words. Jerry Jones..couldnt stay in his luxury box...was whiter than a ghost. Classic!

Gut check win for SD, damn impressive. Farve upsetting the Pats on Super Bowl would prob be the perfect hollywood story...but I'll just enjoy today's win for a few days.

i'm going with the Pats,but old man Farve might have some more Ammo left in that right arm....

Cowboys need new coaches all the way through. They suck Coaching lost the game. The Giants was giving them the game and they couldn't even take it from them. I think Katy could of beat the boys yesterday.

Victoria and Dan said:
Now I really miss Pimp. I can't rag him about his Washington Foreskins getting the boot in the playoffs.

Heyyyyyy now, I just thought of something.

Hey Pimp, I know you are dying to rag me about the game yesterday. Email me at oneblk2whtmen4u@yahoo.com I'll even pm Muleman a msg from you if you want.

Norm

Will, this isn't going against the spirit of the ban is it? Too bad you can't ban people from particular parts of the site like say, IR Extreme or something. Pimp never caused trouble in the sports thread.

SaltandPepper98 said:
I blame coaching. Someone should have told the "Boys" that talent alone doesn't win games. You have to actually beat the other team on the field. The "Boys" always seemed like they expected to win by just showing up for the game. Again, coaching.

Below is an excerpt from the Dallas Morning News which put it into better words than I did.

Norman

Phillips allowed Dallas to become arrogant, enamored with success
Monday, Jan 14, 2008 7:39 am EST

The 13 wins. The 7-1 road record. The prolific offense. The individual accolades. None of it means anything right now according to Jean-Jacques Taylor of the Dallas Morning News.

Taylor wrote: "Wade Phillips, so defensive any time the Dallas Cowboys were criticized, coddled this team. He provided the players with ready-made excuses for their few deficiencies, while failing to recognize that they had become a collection of narcissists.

"This team, which had accomplished nothing of real significance in the past decade, became arrogant and enamored with its success. Either this humiliating defeat will help the team mature enough to win a playoff game next year or Jones must begin the search for his seventh head coach.''

Source: Dallas Morning News

i love seeing cowboy fans cry.....If ya gonna put blame it needs to go on jason garrett...you know the 3 million dollar man. for 2 .5 games..the giants didnt lay a hand on Romo. the second half of this game, the Giants D line dominated...what changed? conditioning? schemes? thats where game was won an lost. Garret didnt make adjutments to protect Romo who was running for his life. Wade phillips has been a successful regular season coach everyehwere he been but he has had some BAD flameouts in playoffs...(tenn miracle vs. buff!)...love it...asking for win in GB is way too much, and frankly Farve in Super Bowl will be huge, but still beating Cowboys makes any season. Giants Rule..Big Blue Wrecking Crew!

Spring training only a month a way. Baseball has never been more competitive from top to bottom, and more popular..guess people just like to talk bout steroids but dont stop them from watching

Green Bay vs Pats would make a nice Super Bowl and I am sure the network who carries it would be happy. I will have to root for the Giants this week though as I always root for the NFC East. Even if Washington had made it. aghhhhh (finger down throat)

I will root for Pats in the SB though to make it 19 - 0 because after all, it is history and they are my second favorite team. If San Diego wins tomorrow they will deserve it. A high of twenty and windy enough to bring wind chill to below zero. Just what we wanted to bring a warm weather team into.

Norm

The Giants can do it if they want to. I'm for them to the top now. Anyone but the Pats

i am now so psyched to know the Giants have our Super Mod on their side. >>>>now i'm calling my bookie and putting my DC dollars on the Pack.......what unbelievable insight and analysis from Cowboy fan. Giants just need to want it..hmmmm...lmao...just bustin ur nutts Mule. Go Big Blue Wrecking Crew!

The Jints did it against all odds and you can't take it away from them. Those scrappy little underdog bastards absolutely deserve to go to the Super Bowl. Congratulations Giants fans. Normally I would root for the NFC East but I gotta root for my local Pats to make history.

Norm

SaltandPepper98 said:
The Jints did it against all odds and you can't take it away from them. Those scrappy little underdog bastards absolutely deserve to go to the Super Bowl. Congratulations Giants fans. Normally I would root for the NFC East but I gotta root for my local Pats to make history.

Norm
What in the hell are you doing rooting for that damn team the Pats GO GIANTS all the way and I think they can knock them Pats clear out of the win they have away of winning when they want it bad enough. Damn boys anyway Go Giants

My last hope for revenge(until baseball starts)!

GO GIANTS!

(and I hate football,lol)

All I can do is smile! Scoreboard BIG BLUE!!!!

I just read a piece that says the Eagles had the best fans this year and the best cheerleaders goes to the charger girls. Pooch maybe you can borrow some of the Eagle fans for the next Giants game and have the Charger girls there and a win by the Giants now there is something that would be sweet. Damn Boys anyway Jones says he's keeping TO but Glen no doubt gone.

I liked Glenn in his prime but I have to believe he is all done now. He probably will never get back that "cutting" ability the really great ones need. I liked him better than TO but thought that the two of them in there at the same time would be great.

Normally I would be rooting for the NFC but I have to go with my second favorite team, the Pats. Besides, you will be watching history if they win. I still remember when Miami did it in "72". I was in the Army in Germany that season and the season after.

Too bad about Pimp there MuleMan but you gotta do what you gotta do. I saw a few small posts about his parties and such but didn't know that he had started shit again. As you know I was never either a Pimp fan nor a Pimp hater. I had my run-ins with him but we never held grudges. We could argue like hell one minute and be in this thread all friendly the next. Too bad as he could have been such a great member if not for a couple of quirks in his personality. Just too controlling.

Well you and Pooch and a few of the others are going to have to carry the load for the sports thread now that Pimp is gone MuleMan. Basketball just doesn't thrill me anymore, hockey never did even though I had a cousin who played pro. Baseball is just too long a season. Golf? Is that a sport? My neck isn't red enough to like NASCAR. Damn Mule my sports life if over after the Super Bowl.

Norman

least you have the NFL draft to look forward too S & P lol maybe another redskin fan will emerge in here. parcells raided youre coaches mule, but you still got Garrett and Wade. remains to be seen which cowboy players, if any, go to miami in next year or 2. i be willin bet TO wont ever be 1 of them. didnt anybody tell him "there's no crying in football!" Go Giants!

Yes Norm after the Super Bowl it does suck as I can't stand the basketball or golf and I'm like you with nascar just don't have a redneck golf never played the game if that is what you want to call it. Baseball we have had a few people from right around me go play in the minors and such and I would be a Cubs fan as they a 6hours away but shit they can't beat poochs old school Katy. So I don't follow baseball that much. Hell if you went with Ro you'd be nailing her and watching the Yankees play I guess I could get into it then. Pooch the Giants I just hope they win later guys the neighbor lady is here I wonder what she wants.

Boston Herald columnist Jessica Heslam claims the stats don't lie — New England Patriots fans are smarter, classier and healthier and own pricier homes than the riff-raff who root for the New York Giants — and now we've got the research to back it up.

Some 62 percent of Pats fans living in the Boston area earned a bachelor's or postgraduate degree or have some higher-education experience, compared to 59 percent of Giants fans, according to the latest marketing data provided by the Nielsen Co., the TV ratings firm.

Likewise, 72 percent of Pats fans live in homes worth north of $200,000, compared to 63 percent of Giants yahoos. Pats fans drink Amstel Light, not Bud Light. Giants fans slug back lots of whiskey. Bostonians are likely to read connoisseur magazines like Wine Spectator. Gotham fans like to pig out on junk food like pretzels, chips and nuts. When Giants fans aren’t booing Giants coach Tom Coughlin or punk quarterback Eli Manning in that New Jersey stadium they call home, they’re out practicing their tennis backhands in the backyard.

Source: Boston Herald

OK pooch here you go isn't this something now you know why I hate the Pats I hope the Giants kick their ass. Now we know how Norm lives by the Boston Herald he's to damn good to be a Giant fan now has to root for the Pats. Go Giants god I hate saying that it ought to be the boys.

when someone famous is buried in Gillette stadium then they can talk...lol

and fyi, nascar is no longer "neck-car" its become very corporate and starting to become more international. The 3 best drivers (johnson, Gordon, Stewart) are not from south, although earnheardt jr. is most pop and he is southern boy. now you have franchitti and other famous drivers moving into it. yea yea its boring alot riding around in circles ..but can be super exciting at times too...and its very very competitive with prob 15 drivers with a legit shot at championship and winning any race. I like to follow it cause of the competitiveness ...not like i'm dying to sit and watch 500 miles every Sunday. But in person is great (loud as shit)...party party party at the track bro.

Mule you need satalite brotha...i mean you got that 2 month wait until Cow Tipping Season starts.....and with satellite you can miss any Tractor Pulls ....just make sure you get the Country Music Station CMT.... they show the Cowboy Cheerleader tryouts and stuff..that is def Must See TV Mule! (pimp used to watch that station he told me...he was always quoting Toby Keith)

I dont know Mule ...which QB is nailing the hotter babe...Brady with Giselle or Romo with Daisey Duke. least you got that as a consolation prize for youre season.

Users who are viewing this thread