• Seems like a lot of people are having an issue logging into chat since we updated. Here is what you need to do: Logout of the chat and forums, clear your cache and cookies. Log back in to the forum, then login to the chat with the same user/pass you use for the forums.

Thread about Sports

• Thread starterPooch
  • Start date
Syder said...

..point blank in the news conferance that he hasn't even thought about a replacement. But,who really knows? This is Gibbs' day. A major annoucement of Cowher coming in would over-shadow Gibbs retirement.

I hope you have a wonderful retirement coach. Tastefully decorated in Burgundy and Gold.

May you live to be 100.

May you NEVER see,hear,taste or read about the Redskins beating the Cowboys in those next 33 years! (Oh ok ..but just once ,as a show of respect) :)

Hey Pimp, sorry about the Buckeyes last night. I'm a Mich die hard but always root for the Big Ten plus one in non conference games. Can't wait until the third Satruday in November, 2008.

clueless is that best you could come up with to call me? lmao objective people dont list their teams entire website and hold midnite vigils for themselves. now you are trying to rationalize Gibbs leaving to us...i'm damn glad Gibbs is out as a giants fan, and you must be pissed about it ...be honest for once....no wait, I mean objective.

I guess Wade had his head in clouds when they were 13-1...come on mule, if he wins you will sanctify him, if he loses or when he loses you will crucify him. Gibbs is arguably better NFL coach than Parcells mule...but that is argument that i will leave for pimp to jump on for i know he will.

Pimp youre stats have credence except for what is important. The actual results. Stats are great for chat, and correlations, and indications. you can manipulate stats anyway you want like cooking the books with the IRS about youre gang bangs.. anybody who actually watched saw Seattle score early, fast and easy, cause turnovers, put lots of pressure on Collins, capitalize on skins errors they ******, and enjoyed their home field. after blowing the lead, they came right back and took the game away. I dont care that Skins had drives that got yardage took up time and didnt score. Points not scored is part of the teams defense against you... same with OSU they out gained LSU in total yardage last night...lets face facts LSU let up emotionally by halftime when it was obvious that they were toying with them. frankly i was surprised at how badly tressle and his staff were clearly out coached by LSU offensive schemes. another stat of no importance...laurinitis broke a record for most tackles in the game...funny he had absolutely zero effect on the game. (but i take him on my team anytime) osu will be one of the top challengers again next year..nothing bad about what they have accomplished 1 title (although they had there luck for that one) and 2 title losses in last what 6 years..quite impressive along with usc and lsu... 3 best programs overall this century so far.

clueless huh?

Hey pooch WADE sucks even if he does win. This giant game isn't gonna be a walk pooch the boys are gonna have to play solid ball. busting my nuts you old dog. I will tell you this about the skins pooch if they hire cowher and williams leave they are out of their minds. You are right about stats it makes no diff it is whats on the board at the end of the game who wins. Should of could of don't win a game.

Chickory: Thank you for the classy sentiment about coach Gibbs. You clearly understand and appreciate the man's contributions and accomplishments. You would think most Cowboy fans would, having had a coach from the same mold in Landry.I agree that no mention of Cowher (or any other candidate) was made out of respect for coach. He leaves the team in far better shape than what he inherited. Snyder's smartest move is keeping him as a special advisor. Whether the next coach is Cowher or Greg Williams, the Redskins are clearly headed in the right direction!

Pussylapper: One of the things that makes Ohio State/Michigan the greatest rivalry in all of sports is the fact that while a genuine hate exists, so does a healthy dose of respect each school has for the other. And you should be ecstatic about the hire of Rodriguez. He will definitely bring back the rivalry on the side of the Wolverines. He also may well change the face of Big Ten football with his style of play and the type of players he'll recruit. He'll certainly challenge the Buckeyes to be better and that's a good thing. I'd also like to see the USC's, Florida's and LSU's play Big Ten teams at, say Soldier Field, in early January for a national title. Wanna bet the outcome would be entirely different? ;)

Pooch: I call it like I see it. Your observations suggest that to me as does your statements about not caring if athletes use performance enhancing substances. As far as your take on the actual games:

1) Seattle did not score fast, early or easily. They struggled to score at all and had 13 points through 3 and a half quarters. 14 of their 35 points came from Redskin turnovers; one of which was a clear Redskin mstake and not attributable to the Seahawks. Points not scored isn't always due to the opposing defense. Did Seattle's defense cause Cooley to drop a pass at the 2? No. Did it cause Suisam to miss a chip-shot field goal? No. Same with the Buckeyes. Did LSU cause Robiske to drop a sure fire touchdown? No. Did LSU cause an Ohio State player to rough their punter? No. You take away the 7 points they scored after the Buckeyes had ****** them to punt, add 7 for Robiske's drop, subtract 7 the Buckeyes got for an unforced int Flynn threw, subtract the 7 LSU got for an unforced int Boeckman threw and the game is 24-24. Those are clear observations by people who watch and scrutinize every nuance of a game.

For the record here I did think Gibbs was a good coach in his days just like Landry and Schula but the bottom line is they are gone they have their records they deserve respect but the game goes on right or wrong just like the owners of a team. For this year I read Gibbs dropped Cheverolet from his racing team and signed with toyota so as far as for Gibbs and his racing team I hope they blow a motor every race.

Gibbs is still a great coach. Many have called this season his best coaching job and I'm not so sure I don't disagree. What he did this year was amazing. 2 playoff appearances in the last 3 years proves he can still flat out coach too. I hate racing so don't care one way or the other but, since it's Gibbs, I hope he does well in that also. It's my understanding he has done very well in it. Everything the man touches turns to gold....(burgandy and gold? ;))

I knew it had to be about his family and young grandson.......

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...ug=ap-redskins-gibbsresigns&prov=ap&type=lgns

Just more reason to admire the man; his priorities are in the right place and always have been.

Quotes from players:

Mike Sellers, FB: "The man is just awesome. No other word is adequate. As a football coach and as a man. He's definitely a player's coach and he'll be dearly missed. We didn't do him justice on the field while he was here."

Clinton Portis, RB: "I'm shocked. The man is like my father and I didn't want to play for anyone else. All his accolades, the hall of fame......but he's more than that. He's a great man. He is the Redskins and this team is headed in the right direction only because of him."

Chris Samuels, OT: I love him and always will. You can't say anything but good things about him. As good a coach as he is, he's a better man. This team needed someone when Sean died. Thank God we had coach Gibbs. He saved us. I hope his grandson gets well. He's part of our family and always will be. It hurts to lose him but family comes first."

Greg Williams, Defensive Coordinator: The man has taught me more about football in the last 4 years than I learned in all the years prior to meeting him. More than that he's taught me about being a better human being. Joe Gibbs is simply a good man. The best. The very, very best."

Dan Snyder, owner: "I begged him to stay. Literally begged him. This team was in dissarray before he got here. He brought stability, integrity and instilled a winning culture. We are on the right track and most of the credit goes to Joe Gibbs. There was no better man to lead us, no better coach to have, particularly with the Sean Taylor tragedy. No matter who is our next head coach that will always remain true. But the best man for the job is just needed more elsewhere. We all wish him nothing but the very best. The Washington Redskins owe him everything....and a lot more."

since pimp is suspended for the time being i guess we will not be seeing the Joe Gibbs Memorial here.

If TO isnt effective that could really even it up for Giants, cause he kills them every time, would let them dbl and triple Witten. Giants will need to run some and pass some score some pts. rush the passer. all things the cowboys do well also. if Giants can keep game in low to mid 20's even upper 20's they have a chance.

Pooch I see Romo just got back with Simpson from vacation this and TO will make or break the game. The Giants aren't going to be a wal in the park my friend. Go Boys

no they will show and play physical

I would have thought that with the Giants injuries and all the talent on the Cowboys along with playing at home, that this game wouldn't be close. Then I saw Giants vs Pats. Ohhhhhh my.

SaltandPepper98 said:
I would have thought that with the Giants injuries and all the talent on the Cowboys along with playing at home, that this game wouldn't be close. Then I saw Giants vs Pats. Ohhhhhh my.
That is right Norm and like I said before if Simpson is in the seat and in heat and Romo is down wind thats all it wrote. TO or not a little of that aroma in the air from between her thighs who could throw a ball.

muleman said:
That is right Norm and like I said before if Simpson is in the seat and in heat and Romo is down wind thats all it wrote. TO or not a little of that aroma in the air from between her thighs who could throw a ball.

Can't say as how I would blame him though. I mean, sure she's stupid but man those legs.

SaltandPepper98 said:
Can't say as how I would blame him though. I mean, sure she's stupid but man those legs.
Yes and what hooks on to them legs isn't bad either.

For the Giants to win, the Cowboys have to beat themselves, which is certainly possible. Wade Philips' team was flat, particularly on offense, in its last three games, scoring just 32 points and losing to two divisional opponents. "The glow formerly attached to the Cowboys has dimmed. Those days of wine and roses are mere memory. The vision of a Super Bowl-bound future, a local and national certainty not so long ago, is blurred around the edges," wrote Frank Luksa in the Dallas Morning News after the Cowboys shrugged through a 27-6 loss to the Redskins two weeks ago. The Cowboys had little to play for in the final weeks, but their lack of passion and execution was cause for legitimate concern. Wade Philips' laid-back style may have spread to the field in those last near-meaningless games. If he doesn't get the hot poker out for Sunday, the Cowboys might get ambushed. I think this sums it up. Even if they don't win no one will have the stats that they did win but didn't. You know pooch and norm the skins stats. GO COWBOYS

Well almost game time and if I were a betting man I think I would take Seattle and the points if for no other reasons than I rather Dallas face Seattle in a rematch or last year and I think Green Bay would give Dallas more trouble so I am rooting for the Seahawks. Plus I doubt all home favorites will win this weekend.

I would take Indy and give the points because I think they feel dissed with all the coverage the Pats have gotten this year. After all they must be thinking "Hey we're the defending Super Bowl Champs dammit and we're still in it.

I would take the Pats giving the points because the Jags strength is in the running game and that is too time consuming against a big play team and worthless when you are behind.

I think Dallas will win, but against the spread? I don't know.

Dang, anyone else thinks Garrard has a BEAUTIFUL wife? my goodness. I'm in FL, so I'm rooting for the Jax, but then again, I want to see a perfect season since the fins.

missed Gerrards wife...my bad, sounds like she might be worth a google, but i will pass. hmmm an NFL QB scored himself a babe..not exactly surprising.

maybe there are some stats to show what her impact might have been in a 'close' loss last night..lol Jax game plan was good but NE is too far superior to be beaten by just 1 style. You had better put some pressure on Brady, at least at some point in the game. Colts relatively big over SD and Cowboys will take out Giants. Mule only turnovers and Giants big ground game will enable them to win. and come on now u dont think Jerry Jones wants Simpson (not OJ) to be there. think bout how many pink #8 jerseys they must have sold.

Users who are viewing this thread