Tyranny Doth A Tiring Tyrant Try

• Thread starterblkoralslaveboy
  • Start date
Will & Eve said:
It matters to the question of whether or not the ethnic group "Palestinian" exists.

Because they have a country, just as the "Palestinians" do. It's called Jordan.

No, but the road your going down isn't really a winner for the "Palestinians" since THEY are not the Biblical inhabitants of Canaan either.

A. the "Palestinians" are not the Biblical peoples, the Jews are
B. If you want to cite the Bible then no less an authority than God himself chose the rightful occumapnts of the land.
A. the Germans didn't take Britan, Britan was fighting for the Freedom of OTHER European countries;
B. Yes, Europeans were imperialists - so were the Ottomans that the land had been taken from and so were the Turks before then and the Arab Muslims before them. So what? You go all the way back to the Romans taking the land from the Jews in the first place and adding it to their Empire. It proves nothing.
C. the Arab Muslims STILL think in thos terms.

The British Mandate was the product of the treaty which ended WW1 and was ratified by the league of Nations. it had as much authority under international law as was possible to have. That's not to say that it wasn't a product of the winner of a war setting the terms, but thus has always been the course of human history. Nothing new there.
[
Except of course that the British Mandate happened BEFORE the Germans tried.
You can hear all sorts of nutty theories if you look around much.

Possibly true, wholly irrelevant.

the WHAT now?

Which has always been the case.

Tiny hard to defend sliver of land = Jews = Isreal
four times as much land = Palestinians = Jordan

Weren't you just complaining about imperialism? If Imperialism is bad then an occupying force ain't good. Every irrational plan has been tried to make them quit fighting and they won't.

I say LET THEM FIGHT. Take the gloves off and throw down. Once Israel gets through slapping the shit out of them once and for all then it'll be done with as far as "Palestinians" are concerned.

Our only involvement needs to be to insure the other Arab nations stay out of it.

Actually, we had very little to do with where the Jews were established. The simple truth here is that there is ONE obvious guilty party (collectively) and that's the Arab nations who couldn't concede a tiny strip of land in a vast region to a group of people based solely on the reason that they had an irrational religious-based hatred for those people.

Every other bad result - including the times the israeli's crossed the line and acted improperly, flows from that.

The ONE choice necessary to have piece in Palestine is for the Muslim world to say - and mean - (collectively) "We don't have a problem with the Jews living in our region."

that happens, all the suffering from conflict ends.

There's no equivalent choice that can be made by the jews unless you expect them to decide to pack up the whole nation and move elsewhere.
There's no equivalent choice that can be made by the rest of the world either.

It's on the Muslims - always was, always will be.

First off, there are ETHNIC Palestinians and they have been around as a distinct group for at least 3400 years. And during virtually all of that time they occupied the south western side of Gaza, bordering the Red Sea. File:Levant 830.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1922 and the British Mandate are still more or less a practice of empire by the allies as, since I'm sure the locals of the region of Palestine were not consulted. Like I said before I couldn't give less of a shit for the the brit mandate if you hung me up side down and shoved a giant but plug up my ass (***NOTE: this is not based on any experience OR fantasy***). I just say, was born 55 years after that bloody mandate and 29 years after the "birth" of Israel so I can only deal with the fact that they're there and in a constant state of war with peoples they had displaced from the larger part of modern Israel.

Now, I'm wondering whether religion has any bearing on your view on this topic. For me it doesn't and that is not to say that I'm an atheist because I'm not--I do believe in God.. I just don't take the Bible too literally for if I did I would probably consider it to be a sin to be a member of this site, let alone taking up a such screen name. But I do believe that the Bible is a wonderful and interesting source of the history of that region, much in the same way Egyptian Hieroglyphs are as well. It's naming of the characters and peoples in the region at the times it was written as well as understanding the thought process of the ancient authors and actually relating to him or her is obviously an incredible experience, whatever their intents were. I grew up in a very religious Christian home and when we were small we were taught if we accidentally dropped or stepped on a Bible, we had to pick it up and kiss it and ask for forgiveness. And this was one of many little rules my mom had.

Then the issue of Jordan being the origins of the Palestinians. Quick answer: it is not! When the Romans decided to rename Judea into Palastinus they were not only insulting the armies of Judea after their demolition of them, but they were recognizing Philistine sovereignty over that region (of course the Romans still considered it as part of their empire). And so this opened a terrifying chapter for the Jewish people living there having to permanently abandon that area from an even worse onslaught coming from an older, more hated enemy. Almost as though the past 75 years were being replayed in reverse, with the allies taking the roman role. In the end don't dare call it justice for if that is justice than we too have guilt in our own land that must be accounted for.

1850 years is a long time and in that time the Hebrews spread in almost every direction. It is a long time to just assume that you can come back and push the illiterate populace aside and resume with such popular support.
This is a religious war that has been overlain with cultural and political significance by people and groups who have an advantage for it to be there. Beyond that it may perhaps become the first popular genocide in recent history, carried out by a people who very recently fled from their own genocide.

And yes once the Germans were in full force and conquered enough of mainland Europe England would have been next on the plate. I'm pretty sure you already know that. So England had no choice but to go on the offensive in defense of her territories, Europe, and eventually, herself. Thank goodness America came along...

In the end I'm pretty sure we will not agree on this either. It isn't a black/white topic at all. One has to either take a side or push the big thumb on both of them. I say push the big thumb!